Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old May 20th, 2008, 01:37 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker
Re: Official Wizards Feedback Thread (Summary pg 1)

Good morning wotcpbarclay.

Looking at the nice detail in the paint jobs on the newest D&D minis, I have to say that one thing about HS and it's classical, establish aesthetic "look" that really should be changed is the sources that paint the figures. Many of them are nice, but the first thing that went through my head when you mentioned doing away with clear plaster blister packs was, "Ugh, now I can't check the paint jobs for accuracy!" I had to buy my friend 2 Marvel sets this past Christmas so I could pick the figures with the best paint job, reseal the box, and return it to TRU.

Q: Is there any chance that the figures could be painted by the same source that handles your other minis now? Thanks.
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:46 AM

Darth Ryan 2.0 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotcpbarclay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox22 View Post
Quote:
I recognize you may be waiting for GenCon
...And waiting...and waiting...and waiting... and waiting... and waiting...

Paul... any recent news/rumors on if WoTC will even be attending GenCon this year?

Thanks!
Yes. We're attending. Heroscape will be there. There will be a promo figure. See this link for more details:

http://ww2.wizards.com/Company/Press/?doc=20080519

Paul, will there be a way for those of us who are not fortunate enough to attend GenCon to get our hands on the promo figure? I wish I could attend but between school and work I just can't make it and I don't really want to have to go to ebay to get one.

Old May 20th, 2008, 03:19 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation

"ebay is proud to present the 2008 heroscape exclusiv promo figure.
hi everbody are you to poor , to lasy or not interesstedto leve your home, then you have visiet e-bay the web shop that give you every thing, buy the exclusive promo heroscape 2008 from exclusiv seller who had balls to get out their home. and pic this free figure for you! yes you!!! most of them need them not and so they get some or all money back. pay crasy prices and that ppl say you are a geek.
rember the old day than stars throw their clothes in the crowd and you were battleing about it.
tody you throw money and if you throw enogh you can get it. visit ebay soon. "

sad but true most have to do that way and kind persons like the nerak days are over.

even crasy ideas that every heroscaper youser get a free promo (only pay shipping).
but maybe a winnig chane
Old May 20th, 2008, 07:08 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Still, ebay is alot cheaper for me than flying to America to attend. Lol.
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Wizards of the Coast Staff Member

wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ryan 2.0 View Post
Paul, will there be a way for those of us who are not fortunate enough to attend GenCon to get our hands on the promo figure? I wish I could attend but between school and work I just can't make it and I don't really want to have to go to ebay to get one.
I hope (but can't guarantee) that we'll have other ways than just GenCon to get the promo figure, although I don't imagine it's going to be easy to get through any of those means. I could also see us doing a different giveaway plan for this promo than for the previous promos, but we'll have to work with out convention team to figure that out.
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:54 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dra(gon) View Post
hi everbody are you to poor , to lasy or not interesstedto leve your home, then you have visiet e-bay the web shop that give you every thing, buy the exclusive promo heroscape 2008 from exclusiv seller who had balls to get out their home. and pic this free figure for you! yes you!!! most of them need them not and so they get some or all money back. pay crasy prices and that ppl say you are a geek.
rember the old day than stars throw their clothes in the crowd and you were battleing about it.

sad but true most have to do that way and kind persons like the nerak days are over.

even crasy ideas that every heroscaper youser get a free promo (only pay shipping).
but maybe a winnig chane
The problem is that some of us don't have the $65 to get into Gencon just lying around.

Or the $13,482,593,272 to spend on gas or airplane tickets.

Or time, for that matter.

Old May 20th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dra(gon) View Post

but maybe a winnig chane
The problem is that some of us don't have the $65 to get into Gencon just lying around.

Or the $13,482,593,272 to spend on gas or airplane tickets.

Or time, for that matter.

Sorry, but nobody has a right to have these figures. If you can't afford to attend the convention (and I, for one, cannot this year), then that is just part of life. Every year people whine about the exclusives, how it's not fair, I deserve it, you're mean because you have one and I don't. It gets so old.

Last year Truth and Scapers gave away 10 free exclusives and I know for certain that several site members gave exclusives to other members. This happened with Hawthorn as well although not in as large of numbers as they weren't distrubuted as heavily.

Another thing. I own 1 exclusive, a Master Win Choo Woo. He has never seen play in any of my games. The exclusives are not game breakers, they are not required (and if you really want to play with them, they are just repaints of existing figures).

Yes they are nice to have. Yes, I hope to get my hands on this year's exclusive. No, It is not worth whining about if you don't have them.
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:06 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Another thing. I own 1 exclusive, a Master Win Choo Woo. He has never seen play in any of my games. The exclusives are not game breakers, they are not required (and if you really want to play with them, they are just repaints of existing figures).
Which has been absolutely brilliant on the designers' part and I hope that never changes.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I hope (but can't guarantee) that we'll have other ways than just GenCon to get the promo figure, although I don't imagine it's going to be easy to get through any of those means. I could also see us doing a different giveaway plan for this promo than for the previous promos, but we'll have to work with out convention team to figure that out.
I think that is something that a lot of people around here would appreciate.
There are many fans of the game whose ire is raised when a bunch of people that aren't even interested in HS get their hands on the figure to sell on eBay and they can't secure one to complete their collections.

Of course, if you are patient, you can get one at a semi-reasonable price. So far the figures have just been repaints of existing figures, so they are not hard to duplicate. If this promo is a new sculpt though, you are going to see some ravening mad threads around this place.
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:24 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Which has been absolutely brilliant on the designers' part and I hope that never changes.
Bears repeating. Although I will say that Woo is probably the best of them so far (and also the only one I own, thanks to this site). He's actually won me a game, too.

Environmentalists make great compost.

Last edited by ej; May 20th, 2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:42 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation
Thumbs up Re: Official Wizards Feedback Thread (Summary pg 1)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ryan 2.0 View Post
I think anything you could do to make it a "fixed cost" would be a pretty big from all of us who can't make it to GenCon.

/one of the quieter whiners

Thanks.

Huge thank you to these sponsors of the 2008 Arizona National Heroscape Day
Cavalier Games - House Mouse Games - War Gamers Headquarters - Vixen Tor Games - Wizards of the Coast
Old May 20th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Sorry, but nobody has a right to have these figures. If you can't afford to attend the convention (and I, for one, cannot this year), then that is just part of life. Every year people whine about the exclusives, how it's not fair, I deserve it, you're mean because you have one and I don't. It gets so old.

Last year Truth and Scapers gave away 10 free exclusives and I know for certain that several site members gave exclusives to other members. This happened with Hawthorn as well although not in as large of numbers as they weren't distrubuted as heavily.

Yes they are nice to have. Yes, I hope to get my hands on this year's exclusive. No, It is not worth whining about if you don't have them.
You rock dude...and suck because you won't come back to this year.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News