Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 4th, 2017, 03:10 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Poison Ivy II (Vote for Public Playtesting)

My goal, if at all possible, is to have this wrapped up by next weekend. It's a tall task, but if we can make it happen, it's going to put my next 2 designs on track to where they need to be time wise. Currently, I think we'd be good to go with 3 sets of tests, and I can follow up with another set if need be.
Old January 4th, 2017, 03:35 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Of course, you can always create your own map if you're allowed to, with a good mix of grass/swamp + trees.
The one I have up for personal play fits that description precisely.
I am not allowed to use it.
Arse.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 4th, 2017, 06:42 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Poison Ivy II

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Poison Ivy II(185), Harley Quinn II(180), Amanda Waller(195), Deadshot(150) (700)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Iron Fist(260), Spider-Man(250) (700)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Custom
Units:
Poison Ivy II(160), Kingpin(220), Gamora(310) (690)
vs.
Hawkman(225), Hawkgirl(225), Cap(240) (690)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I played these 2 games on a slightly adjusted map from previous games. In these games, the Jungle Pieces were a little easier to avoid, as there was a 1 hex row down the center that was out of the Jungle Piece range of 2 for Ivy. So this allowed the other team a little bit more breathing room. Overall, Ivy can be good when in ideal circumstances, and her rolls are going well for her, but if she can really fall quickly if the pressure is put on her, and has less potential if the map isn't crowded with Jungle Pieces. I'm thinking 175 is fair so far, as she lost her 1st game here at 185, and won the 2nd at 160, but neither were that strong of a showing for her. 185 isn't out of the question in the most ideal of circumstances.
Old January 4th, 2017, 10:24 PM

Re: The Book of Poison Ivy II (Public Playtesting)

I'm looking forward to see what others come up with. So far so good!
Old January 5th, 2017, 12:42 PM

Just out of curiosity, as I don't think anyone has started playtesting the design, how would people feel about this alteration:

Quote:
NAME = POISON IVY
SECRET IDENTITY = PAMELA ISLEY

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = MANIPULATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 175

PLANT ANIMATION 12
After moving and instead of attacking, roll the 20-sided die for all opponents' figures within two spaces of an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece that is within 6 spaces of Poison Ivy, one at a time. If you roll 12 or higher, the figure receives one wound.

TOXIC LOVE
While on a grass or swamp space, or adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece, Poison Ivy adds 1 to her attack and defense, and may roll the 20-sided die after taking a turn. If you roll 12 or higher, you may either remove one Wound Marker from this card or choose a figure adjacent to Poison Ivy to receive one wound.

MOTHER NATURE
If there is at least 1 Order Marker on this Army Card, figures you control without the Superstrength Special Power may move an additional 2 spaces on grass or swamp spaces, if their entire move consists of grass or swamp spaces, including the starting space.
All it's changing is dropping the defense offered from Mother Nature, and instead offering a +1 to her own attack and defense when on a grass or swamp space or adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece, much like how Water Strength, Sand Construction, and Ice Resistance etc. work for figures benefiting from those elements.

It simplifies Mother Nature to just the road like bonus, which then we could further consider removing the OM requirement since it's now just a movement boost for her team.

This change shouldn't offset my playtests much, as she didn't attack more than 2-3 times in total throughout all of my games, and she often was killed pretty decisively without it coming down to a single wound. Other figures didn't often benefit from the defense boost either.

Anyways, just an idea I had. No real desire to change the design, I'm fine with it as-is, but I figured I'd throw the possible slight alteration out there before more tests are done.
Old January 5th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Not sure how I like that. With the present version, she'll already lose most of her value on any map that even resembles Gotham vaguely - at least the present version, though, could use future plant animations for the defensive boost to her team, and this cuts that out.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 5th, 2017, 12:54 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, it simplifies Mother Nature, which I like, but it just muddles Toxic Love. I guess I'm not seeing the reason for making the change?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 5th, 2017, 01:06 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Not really a fan personally; I liked how the defense boost was going to work with the Plant squad, and I don't like how it really makes Toxic Love two separate powers crammed into one.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 5th, 2017, 01:08 PM

Fair points all around. We'll stay the course.
Old January 5th, 2017, 04:34 PM
Hard as ice

Here's Ivy's first test:

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Poison Ivy (vII)

Army Test 1
Map: Quasatch Playground (no glyphs)
Armies:
Poison Ivy (vII), Amanda Waller, Harley Quinn (vII), Shocker, Mother Russia, Captain Boomerang (Owen Mercer) (1,005 points)
vs.
Professor X, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Beast, Angel (1,000 points)
Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 5th, 2017, 04:53 PM

Thanks for the test thus far! Very appreciated.

As for the result, I find her performance summary to be pretty decent at 175. Caused 4 wounds, healed 4 wounds, added additional movement here and there, and prevented a couple of wounds. That's certainly reasonable at 175, IMO. Keep in mind, the Animated Vines will obviously help her usefulness down the line.

When it comes to the Suicide Squad, she's really not that great of a pairing with them. I know some wanted that, but unfortunately that's where the OM requirement begins to butt heads. Her thematic pairings however, don't seem to have any issue with her having the X.
Old January 5th, 2017, 06:44 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, she's not great in a Suicide Squad build because of the OM requirement. Usable, but it won't be one of her best.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library