Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 5th, 2008, 11:16 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Gamers Exchange Club--Details Inside-Mailed out 4/10/09

Have you ever bought a board game or card game because it looked like a lot of fun only to find out that it sucked????

Did you ever see a game that you passed on and now regret it since you can't find it anymore????

Ever want to try out a new game but do not have time to go to a gaming convention to demo it????

I am pretty sure you answered yes to one if not all 3 of these questions, but I think I have a solution for you.

I am currently working with a game manufacturer to secure copies of their game line to be used for a fun and exciting marketing concept. They currently have 15 titles in production of various genres.

Once I have the games they will be sent out to folks who request them. You will get to keep the game for 3 full weekends to test it out and then will need to pass it on to someone else in the group. If you like the game, please go back and order a copy from the company who makes them. I will be setting up a mailbox where folks can send their reviews as well as a website for members to view what's available.

If this works out we will try and secure more game companies into the program which means a lot more games for us to test out before we buy.

If you are interested in joining please post here but please make sure that you are serious about this...if you sign up you will be expected to adhere to the guidelines. Yes things happen but we do not want this turning into the Traveling Base Molds all over again.

I don't want to have to take deposits from people as I like to think that people are genuinely honest here...but will probably have a one time nominal sign-up fee just to cover expenses. (by nominal I am talking in the $5 range)

Think of this as the NetFlix of board gaming.

So anyone interested?

ADDED 12/10

Ok...whoever wants to sign up please send an email with the following information to BoardGameClub@aol.com

Heroscapers Name
Full Name
Address
Phone number (home or cell)

If you are signing up and are under the age of 18 you need parents permission...meaning "they need to be the ones who sign up".

Also please include any additional information that may be helpful like....

Gaming group info (who do you normally play with)
Types of games you like
etc etc

Thanks

The company that donated the games is Bucephalus Games

Last edited by Onacara; April 10th, 2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Changed the timeframe for keeping the game.
Old December 5th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Gamers Exchange Club--Details Inside

Yes.
Old December 6th, 2008, 12:06 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

This is a really awesome idea! I'm going to talk with some friends of mine who are really into board games, and I'll let you know for sure, later!
Old December 6th, 2008, 12:15 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I'd be into it if I had the time to game regularly. Nice idea.

-insert signature here-
Old December 6th, 2008, 01:04 AM

KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker

Keep me in mind for this one. I've been wanting to try new stuff and try my hand at reviewing new games.

Mississippi boy in Ohio valley group.. Hell why not!
Ohio Valley Assoication of Heroscapers

Old December 6th, 2008, 02:08 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I talked to my friends, and we'd like to sign up. I have two questions, though.

When is this going to start? Just so it's after the holiday's, because within the last two months I've had time for a single game of 'Scape...

And what company is doing this? I'm just curious about that one.
Old December 6th, 2008, 02:18 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I talked to my friends, and we'd like to sign up. I have two questions, though.

When is this going to start? Just so it's after the holiday's, because within the last two months I've had time for a single game of 'Scape...

And what company is doing this? I'm just curious about that one.
It wont start till the beginning of January. This will give me enough time to get the games and get the details all worked out.

I will reveal the company when the games arrive because I do not know which of their games we are getting yet and don;t want people to start requesting a game we end up not getting.
Old December 6th, 2008, 02:54 PM
...has moist legs

Okay, thanks!

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Onacara again.
Old December 6th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This sounds like it could be fun!

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old December 6th, 2008, 11:21 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd love to as it sounds like a great idea but I can't as it would take two weeks for the game to get here...
Old December 7th, 2008, 02:10 AM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

I'm interested.

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old December 7th, 2008, 02:28 AM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
So anyone interested?
Neat Idea Onacara. This is simmilar to how most of the games in our circle find exposue.. one of us sees it on clearance and we all give it a shot. It circulates from house to house until it catches on.. or gets shelved. If we love it we dive in deeper. The two that caught on the most like this were Settlers and HS. The worst: Kung Fu dice.

Last edited by DrRansom; December 8th, 2008 at 11:48 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games