Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old December 17th, 2007, 05:58 PM

AgentCarr has disabled reputation
Nice storage bags

You know what I think the disappointingly best thing about the Flagbearers are?... the little cloth bags they come in. They are very cool and shiny. Anytime someone who has never scaped with me comes over to learn to play they want to use one of those flagbearers, and I think a big part of the draw is those stupid little bags they're in. I got to thinking, what if I had better bags for all of my stuff.

I had all of my dice, wound markers, and turn markers stored in little plastic ziploc baggies...until, one day at work, my boss at the restaurant/bar I work at needed a bottle of Crown Royal. That's when I had an epiphany!!!

Instead of the cheesy ziplocs, I can put all of my small HS accessories in those purple drawstring bags the bottles of Crown Royal come in. And, since Mrs. AgentCarr's regulars at the convenience store she works at are happy to give them up at her request, I have some nice storage bags and no more ziplocs! Between the c-store and the bar I work at, I have a nice supply of bags coming in so I can switch out the ziplocs for Crown bags.

I thought I was crazy, but I got so excited over having something nicer to keep my stuff in. Anyone else thought of using them?
Old December 17th, 2007, 06:07 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
You could try Imax's adventure bags seen here....

http://www.vixentorgames.com/category.asp?category=3

Old December 18th, 2007, 01:46 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Another alternate recycled storage idea.

If anyone has a baby or know someone who does and they eat the Gerber baby food that comes in the little plastic contaienrs they are awesome for storing figures.

The Stage 1 boxes can store many of the inidividual heroes and some of the smaller 3 man squads.

The Stage 2 boxes can hold most of the 4 man units and bigger 3 man squads.
Old December 18th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
You've hit on a secret RPG nerds have known for years - Crown Royal makes dice bags, and sells them with whiskey.

There are many places you can get some very nice bags, if you want them big enough to hold a ton of HS stuff. Check out your local game store and ask for big dice bags.

I may be biased, but I think adventure bags are perfect for traveling play. If you have the large one, you can put your army in there, along with the dice you need, order markers and wound counters, and then when you empty it out you can roll in the bag. Of course, I'm the one who makes them, so like I said, I'm biased.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old December 18th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
I like 'em, too, even though I haven't been able to purchase one yet. And I'm not biased.
Old December 18th, 2007, 09:07 PM

robopesant has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf

Little expensive for a dice bag don't ya think?

ROTV-(2x land) 1SOTM 2RTTFF 1VW 1Tundra 1FOTA All expansion packs up to wave 6 (getting wave 7 soon).
Old December 18th, 2007, 10:57 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by robopesant
Quote:

But it is SO much more!!!!

Talk to Imax about pricing!
Old December 19th, 2007, 03:40 PM

Fatespuppet has disabled reputation
And here I though Crown Royal bags were the industry standard dice bag of choice. :P CR makes multiple sizes and they are all very sturdy and reliable. I happen to own a ton of dice bags from various games through the years that came with them like Dragon Dice, Star Trek dice game(was ship to ship combat with dice, very weird but neat), etc. I also have a huge collection of CR bags.

I actually really like the flagbearer dice bags. I was expecting them to be made of some flimsy, rough material but they are actually quite nice. I only splurged on one flagbearer, but I'm expecting one or two more for Xmas. Once I have those I will most likely sort out the HS components into the different bags and then store those all in CR bag for transport.

Still, a steady supply of CR bags is always nice.

This is not the path I thought.
This is not the place I sought.
This is not the dream I bought,
just a fever of fate I've caught.
Old December 19th, 2007, 04:26 PM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
:P
Old December 27th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!
been using those for about a yr. they work wonders dont they?
Old September 27th, 2008, 11:32 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Nice storage bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Another alternate recycled storage idea.

If anyone has a baby or know someone who does and they eat the Gerber baby food that comes in the little plastic contaienrs they are awesome for storing figures.

The Stage 1 boxes can store many of the inidividual heroes and some of the smaller 3 man squads.

The Stage 2 boxes can hold most of the 4 man units and bigger 3 man squads.
Good call, Onacara! I've started collecting these recently myself, and they work great. I've been able to get even some of the 4-man squads into a Stage 1 box, though it takes more fiddling than I'd like.

These also nest near perfectly inside larger Tupperware containers, so you can have three or four squads into one larger box along with their cards.

Then those nest into stackable drawers from Walmart, which nest into a cargo van, which nest into a sea-land container...

Old September 27th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Nice storage bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by robopesant View Post
Quote:

Yes, it is a little expensive for a dice bag.

Good thing this isn't just a dice bag. It opens up into a little dice-rolling arena, and they have really nice original artwork.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions