Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 17th, 2013, 05:22 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Isamu

Man, I love this guy. I've assassinated countless foes over the past couple years with him. I only recently started compiling a hit list. *evil grin*

I love the comparison of him being a razorblade wrapped in toilet tissue. So fragile, yet so deadly for the points. Never forget teh game where Isuma (hate Isamu, Isuma sounds so much better) all by his lonesome took out a Minion of Utgar, an ENTIRE squad of Knights of Weston, gave Sir Denrick 4 wounds, and lastly took out a Tarn Viking Warrior before he failed his Vanishing Act. An absolute terror to deal with if you're on a dice hot streak....

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."

Last edited by Owlman; June 18th, 2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old June 17th, 2013, 06:22 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Man, I love this guy. I've assassinated countless foes over the past couple years with him. I only recently started compiling a hit list. *evil grin*

I love the comparison of him being a tissue wrapped in toilet tissue. So fragile, yet so deadly for the points. Never forget teh game where Isuma (hate Isamu, Isuma sounds so much better) all by his lonesome took out a Minion of Utgar, an ENTIRE squad of Knights of Weston, gave Sir Denrick 4 wounds, and lastly took out a Tarn Viking Warrior before he failed his Vanishing Act. An absolute terror to deal with if you're on a dice hot streak....
I'm not so sure "a tissue wrapped in toilet tissue" sounds very deadly to me.
Old June 18th, 2013, 07:24 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post

I love the comparison of him being a tissue wrapped in toilet tissue. So fragile, yet so deadly for the points. Never forget teh game where Isuma (hate Isamu, Isuma sounds so much better) all by his lonesome took out a Minion of Utgar, an ENTIRE squad of Knights of Weston, gave Sir Denrick 4 wounds, and lastly took out a Tarn Viking Warrior before he failed his Vanishing Act. An absolute terror to deal with if you're on a dice hot streak....
I'm not so sure "a tissue wrapped in toilet tissue" sounds very deadly to me.
Lol!! Crap! I meant a RAZOR blade wrapped in tissue paper, haha

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old June 19th, 2013, 01:16 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Seems a little more accurate considering that the guy does look like he is wrapped in toilet paper.
Old March 10th, 2014, 10:18 AM

I used him recently in a game yesterday: He took down Agent Carr, an Izumi Samurai, and inflicted a wound on Moriko before he met his doom. Easily the best figure in the game, IMO, points wise.

Old April 6th, 2015, 06:33 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Isamu
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 4th, 2017, 10:57 PM

Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker

What exactly is the logic behind Isamu's ranking of A?

In my mind, a figure such as Isamu has fulfilled his purpose by killing his points. Considering he can kill many times his points in nearly any given game, why is he not an A+ figure? It's not like it's even detrimental to any army if he fails and kills nothing. He is every bit as powerful as Raelin RotV, Q9, or Deathreavers point for point (and I believe even better than a lone Deathreaver).
Old July 4th, 2017, 11:20 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I think it's because he is still a solo-attacking hero. Anytime you drop an OM on him, you really aren't going to get anything spectacular or game-breaking. A+ appears to be set for those figures who literally define the metagame and are absolutely overpowered. Q9 is the best offensive unit overall, Raelin is the best cheerleader unit overall, and Rats are the best screening unit overall. Great thing to ponder however.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 4th, 2017, 11:28 PM

Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker

But in my eyes, Isamu literally can't fail. He either does his points 10 times over, or "fails" and you lose a measly 10 points out of your army. He's virtually risk-free.
Old July 4th, 2017, 11:29 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

A+ units are the units that make the backbones of tourneys. These are guys you train your army against, to make sure you can counter them. Entire strategies and armies are formed around these squads or heroes. Isamu, while the best for his points, doesn't really fall into the same category. While creating your army, you never ask yourself, "How is this army supposed to defeat Isamu?" He's that random guy you chuck in when you're at 490. Don't get me wrong, Isamu is great and I think he's amazing. He's something that I wouldn't build my army around.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old July 4th, 2017, 11:55 PM

Great analysis! While I can definitely see your point for Major Q9, I still don't think I ask myself "how can this army defeat Raelin?" and such. I expect Isamu to be in any given tournament army just as I expect to see Raelin.
Old July 5th, 2017, 12:14 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimnak View Post
Great analysis! While I can definitely see your point for Major Q9, I still don't think I ask myself "how can this army defeat Raelin?" and such. I expect Isamu to be in any given tournament army just as I expect to see Raelin.
But you may find yourself planning on how to deal with her regardless. Not every unit is capable of punching through things wrapped in bacon. She really can ruin an army simply because her defense boost is insane. She also slots in many top tier armies like butter without ever putting more than 1 OM on her.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units