Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 7th, 2010, 11:24 PM

Evisceraxe is surprisingly tart
Re: Shurrak Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
Sweeping Sword and Knockback are cool, but Lava Resistant is his best power. I am not kidding. I thank the game designers very much for making more Lava Resistant figures. Hopefully we will see more maps which use Lava because of it.
Or maybe they gave it to him so he could rip through a Kurrok/Fire Elemental army. He could attack the elementals on the way to Kurrok and any he doesn't kill he can knock back.

Check out my Customs here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37016

**General Update 1-30-12
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:27 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evisceraxe View Post
Quote:
Sweeping Sword and Knockback are cool, but Lava Resistant is his best power. I am not kidding. I thank the game designers very much for making more Lava Resistant figures. Hopefully we will see more maps which use Lava because of it.
Or maybe they gave it to him so he could rip through a Kurrok/Fire Elemental army. He could attack the elementals on the way to Kurrok and any he doesn't kill he can knock back.

Or maybe he will be awesome as some quite tough melee backup to protect Kurrok....

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:30 PM

Evisceraxe is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Or maybe he will be awesome as some quite tough melee backup to protect Kurrok....
Or maybe he will be good at both.

Check out my Customs here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37016

**General Update 1-30-12
Old July 8th, 2010, 10:46 PM

Perdido Woo who?

Quote:
I was thinking about new units that could have the terrain modifying abilities like Mika (and to a lesser extent) the Greater Ice Elemental have.

Something like a Greater Fire Elemental.

Roll 1-18 - Place a lava tile down within X clear sight spaces
Roll 19-20 - Place a lava tile down within X clear sight spaces OR a molten tile down adjacent to the GFE

...but then I realized you can't really put molten tiles down, which would negate that.

Hope the devs have something in mind to encourage different types of terrain usage!

As it is, Shurrak is a pretty nice heavy hitter who doesn't break the points bank. Think I like the Iron Golem the most out of all the two base figures in this collection, though.

EDIT: Also, I wonder if this guy might work decently with the Gladiatrons/X17. Use knockback to force a unit into the loving arms of the Glads.
Old July 8th, 2010, 11:34 PM

Devo Hulk is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroz View Post
He could knock back someone off of a castle wall...wait a second...he couldn't be up there though. Oops!
That's what Saylind is for.
Or use a Summon glyph. Of course, then it's a little bit trickier to get back down without Jotun or Shurrak hurting themselves.
Old July 8th, 2010, 11:42 PM

Majai of Dreams is surprisingly tart

So knockback reads "when the figure rolls defense die and is not destroyed." What if the figure is a Venoc Viper and technically rolls 0 dice. Is it immune to knockback?
Or is rolling 0 dice still considered rolling dice?

I know the vipers are not the best example, because odds are with 5 die rolled against them, they will not survive to be knocked away anyway...

But if a future hero is released with 0 defense, that may be a factor.

Make sound effects when you play Heroscape! It is sometimes annoying, but always more fun!
Old July 8th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majai of Dreams View Post
So knockback reads "when the figure rolls defense die and is not destroyed." What if the figure is a Venoc Viper and technically rolls 0 dice. Is it immune to knockback?

I know the vipers are not the best example, because odds are with 5 die rolled against them, they will not survive to be knocked away anyway...

Rolling 0 is still rolling.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old July 8th, 2010, 11:50 PM

Majai of Dreams is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majai of Dreams View Post

Rolling 0 is still rolling.
So rolling nothing is still treated like rolling something...
Sounds very profound.
Kind of like the sound of 1 hand clapping.
Old July 8th, 2010, 11:55 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
I think this is close to the truth: The Iron Golem and Shurrak got that power because it makes little sense for Searing Intensity to work on them.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old July 9th, 2010, 12:08 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

He looks like a giant Dwarf.

With all the lava resistance, you'd think we were getting a re-release of the lava set!

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old July 9th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
...He is best at clearing himself of engagements, and flinging opponents heroes around.
Sometimes I think you guys should pay more attention when GB or R˙chean say something.

Strategically his use is as a penetrator/charge leader.

With 5A special attack he can clean out the rats pretty easily, leaving a gap for your figures to charge through. He can also, like the warforged, make standing on the edge of a cliff and beating up on the guys down below a less viable tactic.

5A on three figures can be pretty fabulous. And the control you have with him makes him much more viable than the Warhulk. Warhulks work alone, he leads the charge for the little people.
Old July 9th, 2010, 03:58 AM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

I don't think he is a huge rat counter. He is probably going to be killing 1 rat per turn since the opponent just has to avoid the double adjacency requirement although maybe you could risk some disengagement swipes to try to hit more, although then you risk losing life to 10 point figures...

I think Shurrak is probably the most difficult of the new Heroes to theoryscape but would be surprised if he hit B+ or above.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units