Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 19th, 2011, 01:38 PM

Evisceraxe is surprisingly tart
Evisceraxe's Customs- General Update 1-30-12

I've been a member of this site for over a year now and never thought I would make custom figures. I felt that I shouldn't make any changes to the real game. However, since Heroscape has been cancelled, I decided to change my ways. The customs I make are used to finish various "Factions" that are already in the game. I decided what "factions" needed what based largely on IAmBatman's Some Action in the Faction Section thread.

Einar

Spoiler Alert!

Ullar
Spoiler Alert!

Utgar

Spoiler Alert!

Valkrill

Spoiler Alert!

Vydar

Spoiler Alert!

There are no figures for pictures because I don't own any miniatures besides Heroscape figures. Also, I didn't want to look through images on the internet for people who looked roughly the same. I have listed figures I am using for comparison.

Any thoughts and/or comments would be greatly appreciated. If anybody has any ideas on any customs I should do, don't hesitate to share the idea. I am open to any suggestions.

Many thanks to:
Spoiler Alert!

**UPDATE 1-30-12** This thread is not dead! I haven't had a whole lot of time to do customs, between school, work, etc. However, I will be getting a whole box of Wave 1, including another hero pack. This means I will be making customs for those five figures. Also, since iBook Author has come out, I attempting a rather large project... A compilation of various resources found on this cite! This will include rules, F.A.Q's, the Book of each figure (Official, Marvel, C3V, SoV, and C3G), and various other threads or images I find helpful on this cite. It's going to take some time, but I know it will be worth it! I will keep this thread updated on my progress with that as well...

As of right now, I have copied over a few pages from the first rule book, as well as three Books.

Check out my Customs here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37016

**General Update 1-30-12

Last edited by Evisceraxe; January 30th, 2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old July 19th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Evisceraxe's Customs

Although I like the idea for Samurai Calvary(and the fact that Scape needs some more powerful horsemen), I notice a few small but important flaws that really change the game.

Your well aware that in your bonding power, you should include the phrase "After revealing an order Marker in this Army Card" just in case somehow you accidentally create a bonding chain. That phrase is the best way to keep those chains from happening.

I'm assuming the Tadeka Horsemen are infantry and not calvary. I hope I'm right because double hexers must be at least a large size(but they can have any numerical height).

3 attacks of 4 and 4 attacks of 2 is quite powerful. And all for only 165 points? Even Kato who's 200 points can't stand to level of fire power(and he's got guns and the encircle attack on his side!). Raising the price of the Takeda Horsemen a bit might make folks stray a bit. I'd try to make the combo hit about 220 or even 210. Or edit the cards so that you don't get to attack with all 7 figs.

To keep the theme, I would actually change the personality of the Takeda Horsemen to Disciplined. If nothing else, it would also make the Sacred Band a little better. Charge in with the Takeda units. Then use the Sacred Band and their Warlord(likely Marcus) to hold the enemies.

An interesting army could be:
Takeda Horsesx2(250)
Takeda Menx1(290)
Sacred Bandx2(390)
Marcus(490)
Isamu(500)

This all-disciplined army works in 2 waves. The Takeda Horses would assault the enemies(but only when you lose 2 horses do you start using Calv. Protect). Their high stats would cause chaos. As the Takedas thin out, the Sacred Band and Marcus begin to advance to hold the battlefield. Their high attack power(while adjacent to Marcus) and high numbers will be able to finish the game off in flair. Even better is that this army can even force your opponent to switch up their strategy. First wave is all bunched up, while the second can spread out and tear apart whatever they need to.

Overall, I think some playtesting is in order, but these interesting ideas make me wonder how interesting the Unique Horsemen will be. Great ideas are abundant!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 19th, 2011, 03:34 PM

Thanks! I was trying to make a cavalry unit who costs less than the Grok Riders, but more than the Knights Templar. I agree that the Mounted Samurai should be raised to at least 130 though.

As for the Horsemen, yes they are going to be infantry units, like the Yari, only being used to protect the Cavalry (which was their job in history). I am going to raise them to 80 points, as well as change their personality to Disciplined. Also, I am thinking of lowering their defense to 2.

If I make those changes, One squad of Mounted Samurai and one squad of Horsemen would cost 210 points. Originally, I thought this was too much, as the hero I am going to put up soon really enhances these two units, so he is going to be costing quite a few points, at least as much a Kato. However, I do need to playtest more so I appreciate your advice.

**General Update 1-30-12
Old July 19th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I doubt the hero will be worth anywhere close the price of Kato. This is because you can only raise their stats a little, while Kato can actually give you OM freedom(in addition to getting 8 attacks). Plus your hero will only affect 2 units in the game. Kato affects many units. If the hero rose their defense by 1, I could see him going for 80 points. If he rose their attack, I could see him going for 90.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old July 19th, 2011, 04:28 PM

Re: Evisceraxe's Customs- Takeda Shingen added 7-19-11!

I fixed the Horsemen and the Mounted Samurai. Also, I added their Unique Hero, Takeda Shingen! He is able to bolster both the Horsemen and Mounted Samurai's attack, defense, and move, as Takeda Shingen was a Daimyo who controlled the best area in Japan to raise and control war horses. However, you had better make sure he stays alive, because once he dies, you run the risk of losing a large portion of your army unless you have a good D20 roll.

**General Update 1-30-12
Old July 20th, 2011, 10:01 PM

Re: Evisceraxe's Customs- Mounted Samurai and Horsemen Pics

I added drawings of the different armors and weapons I was thinking the Mounted Samurai and Horsemen would have.

**General Update 1-30-12
Old July 25th, 2011, 02:23 PM

Re: Evisceraxe's Customs- Mounted Samurai and Horsemen Pics

Elven Cavalry & Uncommon Hero 7-25-11
Spoiler Alert!

**General Update 1-30-12

Last edited by Evisceraxe; July 26th, 2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old July 26th, 2011, 06:03 PM
I could go

Re: Evisceraxe's Customs- Elf Faction Improvements added 7-2

For the Waylan Tree:

Holy Heck! That tree is extremely powerful with the WoA. Imagine 3 trees and then a few squads. Your either always rolling 2 attacks of 4(and repositioning the aura) or attacking with 3 attacks of a possible 6! One could even argue that Syvarris become way too powerful. Imagine 2 attacks of 6 at long range(7 if Svarris has height). Plus those trees give Syvaris some sort of protection as a wall of meat.

This would be deadly:
Syvarris 100
Treesx3 405
7 hex, 505 point army

Sure the Krav can do well, but the trees can still kill off close Krav if the player takes complete advantage of the Tree's positioning. 6 movement will work wonders for this strategy.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old July 26th, 2011, 06:26 PM

You are right about the Waylan Tree. I'm beginning to think I should raise the price a bit. Maybe like 150?

The Tree is definitely powerful. I made it this way because I felt that the elves need strong support. I can't really find many elves that are powerful on the battlefield, except the WoA, and maybe Sonlen and Syvarris. I created these trees to help the elf wizards as well. Originally I was just going to have them bond with the WoA, but then I wanted to encompass all the elves.

Edit- Changed Waylan Tree point cost to 150 points

**General Update 1-30-12

Last edited by Evisceraxe; July 26th, 2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old July 26th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I could go

150 seems more appropriate.

By the way, if you don't like the Elf wizards, why not redo them? Or make some new wizards(9th mage anyone?). Or you could make some dark mages

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Last edited by flameslayer93; July 26th, 2011 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Shameluss custom plug indeed;)
Old July 26th, 2011, 06:49 PM

While I've been on these forums I keep seeing that everyone says that just the ninth wizard is missing. However, I've only counted five:
Arkmer
Chardris
Emirroon
Jorhdawn
Ulginesh

Then I decided to count Sonlen, Acolarh, and Morsbane. These brought me up to eight so I can see how there is only the ninth missing but I'm not really sure.

**General Update 1-30-12
Old July 26th, 2011, 07:03 PM
I could go

Sonlen doesn't count as a Wizard(he's an Arch Mage.

Kyntela's the one your missing(and she's a 20 point filler unit).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards