Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old February 27th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Up & Coming Sidekick Thread

The basic idea is that you put a power on the cards of figures that you want to be resistant. The power is thematic to their resistance, but isn't the resistance itself. The most common one for fire immunity would be to put the official Lava Resistant power on the card. Then, on the other card, the one that has (for example) a Flamethrower Special Attack, you would add a line that says "Flamethrower Special Attack has no effect on figures with the Lava Resistant power on their card." See the front page for the previews of the Wave 11 figures. The Fire Elemental does this same thing.
Old February 27th, 2010, 06:16 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
The basic idea is that you put a power on the cards of figures that you want to be resistant. The power is thematic to their resistance, but isn't the resistance itself. The most common one for fire immunity would be to put the official Lava Resistant power on the card. Then, on the other card, the one that has (for example) a Flamethrower Special Attack, you would add a line that says "Flamethrower Special Attack has no effect on figures with the Lava Resistant power on their card." See the front page for the previews of the Wave 11 figures. The Fire Elemental does this same thing.
I'm might be feeling a lil dense here, but how does this help me word Fire Vulnerability?
Old February 27th, 2010, 06:22 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

You would give him a power like this:

FIRE WEAKNESS – If X is on a lava field space, X rolls 2 fewer defense dice.

(this is the specific one on the C3G list for "fire weakness")

Then, any fire-based special attacks on other cards (like a hypothetical "Flamethrower Special Attack") would have a line added that says: "Figures with the Fire Weakness power on their card roll X fewer defense dice against Flamethrower Special Attack."
Old February 27th, 2010, 06:54 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
You would give him a power like this:

FIRE WEAKNESS – If X is on a lava field space, X rolls 2 fewer defense dice.

(this is the specific one on the C3G list for "fire weakness")

Then, any fire-based special attacks on other cards (like a hypothetical "Flamethrower Special Attack") would have a line added that says: "Figures with the Fire Weakness power on their card roll X fewer defense dice against Flamethrower Special Attack."
Ok, forgive my impertinence, but that seems a little silly to me. Why should another figure's card bear the weakness line when the figure with the weakness should carry it. Seems, well, dumb to me.
How about...
Fire Vulnerability
Whenever Martian Manhunter is attacked with an ability that uses fire, heat or lava, he rolls 3 fewer defense dice.
Closer to spec, but still, ultimately informative.
Old February 27th, 2010, 06:56 PM

Because if you put it on the card of the figure with the weakness, there's no way to identify which types of attacks he's vulnerable to. You can't just say he rolls less defense against all "fire-based attacks", because nothing in the rules defines an attack as being "fire-based".
Old February 27th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If someone I'm playing against tries to use an ability that uses fire, I'm going to insist they put it out or take it outside.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 28th, 2010, 01:24 AM

Ok, I get what you are trying to say. But here's the thing, thematically, MM does not have an opposing element attack to place against the Fire Vulnerability. By the comic, his irrational fear of fire stems from watching his family burned alive. Therefore, I cannot see using official wording to clarify this power. After perusing several different fire, heat, and lava customs, I came up with the following alternative...
Fire Vulnerabilty
If Martian Manhunter is attacked by a figure using a fire, heat or lava based Special Attack, such as Mimring's Fireline, or Human Torch's Supernova Special Attack, you may only roll 3 defense dice.
(Note the clever inclusion of your own card's SA.)
If this, or whatever other last minute suggestion cannot fit the bill, I will, reluctantly, remove the weakness.
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:37 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Ok, I get what you are trying to say. But here's the thing, thematically, MM does not have an opposing element attack to place against the Fire Vulnerability. By the comic, his irrational fear of fire stems from watching his family burned alive.
Then how do you explain the White Martians also having the same weakness? It has been defined as either a real weakness or a psychological one, either way all Martians share it.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
Ok, I get what you are trying to say. But here's the thing, thematically, MM does not have an opposing element attack to place against the Fire Vulnerability. By the comic, his irrational fear of fire stems from watching his family burned alive.
Then how do you explain the White Martians also having the same weakness? It has been defined as either a real weakness or a psychological one, either way all Martians share it.
Cuz White Martians suck.
No, I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads-up. But the fact remains, it is a pyschological thing, at least from everything I've ever seen, and that's the way I wrote it. Again, open to suggestions, or can remove.
Old February 28th, 2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Ok, I get what you are trying to say. But here's the thing, thematically, MM does not have an opposing element attack to place against the Fire Vulnerability. By the comic, his irrational fear of fire stems from watching his family burned alive. Therefore, I cannot see using official wording to clarify this power. After perusing several different fire, heat, and lava customs, I came up with the following alternative...
Fire Vulnerabilty
If Martian Manhunter is attacked by a figure using a fire, heat or lava based Special Attack, such as Mimring's Fireline, or Human Torch's Supernova Special Attack, you may only roll 3 defense dice.
If this, or whatever other last minute suggestion cannot fit the bill, I will, reluctantly, remove the weakness.

The main problem with that method is where you say "...fire, heat, or lava based Special Attack". How do you define that? You could easily get into situations where people could argue on way or the other.

I'm not sure whay you mean about the opposing element attack. In your Human Torch, for example, you'd include a line about figures with the Fire Weakness on their card.
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Fire Vulnerabilty

The main problem with that method is where you say "...fire, heat, or lava based Special Attack". How do you define that? You could easily get into situations where people could argue on way or the other.

I'm not sure whay you mean about the opposing element attack. In your Human Torch, for example, you'd include a line about figures with the Fire Weakness on their card.
Ok, basically, the idea behind "...fire, heat, or lava based..." deals with the fact that MOST scape players have an decent idea of the powers and abilities of most of the cards in the game. If I say, "Name any fire, heat or lava type attacks from official cards that you know of," you could very easily have a laundry list of SAs from Fireline to Searing Intensity. The average player KNOWS that they fall into that category. So the question now becomes, do I include the weakness and assume that players are smart enough to hash out between themselves what those types of attacks are, or just scrap the whole thing and remove it?
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:22 PM

Are rocket attacks heat based, since they cause explosions? What about the Obsidian Guards normal attack, since they're made of lava? How about Human Torch's normal attack? Superman's Heat Vision?

See the point? If it isn't on the card, you shouldn't reference it in a power. Now you can always house-rule that Mimring's special attack should hurt Martian Manhunter more, but it really shouldn't go on the card. Unless you don't care about making your card seem "official", because if that's the case then you can pretty much do anything you want!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations