Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old July 20th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Holocron of Darth Vader

Either way, it's sloppy and needs to be fixed.
Old July 20th, 2014, 08:44 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Better Question

Since two members of HoSS seem to disagree, I guess the question is what was the intended power supposed to do? And then you can gerrymander it from there.

~Dysole, who doesn't believe he has ever used gerrymander in its appropriate context
Old July 20th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

We are currently discussing this.
Old July 20th, 2014, 09:47 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

I'm just wondering why this hasn't come up till now...
Old July 20th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTankster View Post
I'm just wondering why this hasn't come up till now...
Heh, it seems that once tourneys are played, problems start to get noticed at times.
Old July 20th, 2014, 10:03 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

The intention of the power when it was originally designed is as Yodaking described it. A wording update to clarify it may be forthcoming.
Old July 21st, 2014, 12:14 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'd just like to point out that there's a MANY more interpretations that are also supported by the text.

The basic problem is that it is up to the reader to figure out which clauses "in this manner" applies to. And it is not clear at all.
  1. Desired interpretation:

1) Roll a die.
    2) if it was a skull AND the opponent does not have Force powers, go to step 1.

2. Karat Interpretation:

1) Roll a die.
    2) If the opponent does not have Force powers, roll an extra die.
    3) If the opponent does not have Force powers and the first roll was a skull, then roll a die.
    4) If the opponent does not have Force powers and the most recent roll was a skull, then roll a die and repeat this step.

3. Bizarro Karat Interpretation:

1) Roll a die.
    3) If the opponent does not have Force powers and the second roll was a skull, then roll a die.
    4) If the opponent does not have Force powers and the most recent roll was a skull, then roll a die and repeat this step.

4. Nerfed Karat Interpretation:

1) Roll a die.
    2) If the opponent does not have Force powers, you may roll an extra die (but you don't want to unless you missed the first one).
    3) If the opponent does not have Force powers and all rolls were skulls, then roll a die.

5. Pumped up Karat Interpretation:

1) Roll a die.
    3) If the opponent does not have Force powers and either roll was a skull, then roll an extra die.

6. Repeated double roll interpretation, Karat-ish version:

1) Roll a die.
    3) If the opponent does not have Force powers and the first roll was a skull, then go to step 1.

7. Repeated double roll interpretation, Bizarro Karat-ish version:

1) Roll a die.
    3) If the opponent does not have Force powers and the second roll was a skull, then go to step 1.

8. Repeated double roll interpretation, Nerfed Karat-ish version:

1) Roll a die.
    2) If the opponent does not have Force powers, you may roll an extra die (but you don't want to unless you missed the first one).
    3) If the opponent does not have Force powers and the all rolls were skulls, then go to step 1.

9. Repeated double roll interpretation, Pumped up Karat-ish version (a.k.a. Vader is broken version):

1) Roll a die.
    2) If the opponent does not have Force powers, you roll an extra die.
    3) If the opponent does not have Force powers and the any rolls were skulls, then go to step 1.

Seriously, every one of these is a reasonable interpretation. All I did was select different parts to be what "in this manner" refers to. That, and modulated what "you fail to roll a skull" is referring to in all those double roll versions.

It's the double reference to rolling the die that creates this massive gray area. All you need to do is excise the second rolling clause and it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
FORCE CHOKE
After moving and before attacking with Darth Vader, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Darth Vader. If Darth Vader is engaged, you may only choose an adjacent figure to Force Choke. Roll 1 attack die. If you roll a skull and the chosen figure does not have the Force Leap or Force Push special power, you may continue rolling 1 attack die in this manner until you fail to roll a skull. The chosen figure receives 1 wound for each skull rolled. Force Choke does not affect Droids, Undead, or destructible objects. Darth Vader may not use Force Choke and Force Push on the same turn.
Interpretations 2-9 melt away.

Last edited by dok; July 21st, 2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old July 21st, 2014, 12:17 AM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Old July 21st, 2014, 12:52 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Skulletor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
So pardon me for not quite understanding but I want to make sure I understand Force Choke correctly. Pick a figure. Roll a die. If they aren't a force user, add another die to your roll. Then if you roll a skull do you keep rolling a single die or two dice? The power is a titch unclear.

~Dysole, who wants to make sure he plays this right
It always struck me to be like the burn portion of heat breath from C3G you continue to roll one more dice until you don't roll any more skulls.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old July 21st, 2014, 11:00 AM

Re: Skulletor

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
So pardon me for not quite understanding but I want to make sure I understand Force Choke correctly. Pick a figure. Roll a die. If they aren't a force user, add another die to your roll. Then if you roll a skull do you keep rolling a single die or two dice? The power is a titch unclear.

~Dysole, who wants to make sure he plays this right
It always struck me to be like the burn portion of heat breath from C3G you continue to roll one more dice until you don't roll any more skulls.
Same.
Old November 16th, 2014, 08:49 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

How I understood the card in the wording that was used. If the guy your attacking is not a force user, you start by rolling 2 dice, If he is a force user, you roll one. If you roll at least 1 skull you may keep rolling an additional die for more damage if you roll a skull. Why I think this is because of one reason, It would be easier to start choking a non force user, hence the 2 dice to begin with, but once the party is started, he could just choke them out. Force user or not. That is how we at my place have been using it, and it is totally awesome. Nevermind this, the card has been changed since I printed it off. I will have to print off the new one. The revision still looks cool enough.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; November 16th, 2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old June 5th, 2015, 07:41 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

That force choke power had me very confused but I think I get the intent now that I read the thread. One die for force users and keep rolling for non-force users until no skill is rolled.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape