Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 16th, 2011, 10:48 PM

Viktor, the Kyrie Russian is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
D&D Vydar

Hello all,
It's me Viktor, and I have yet another unit thread. This discussion is about the use of Vydar in the D&D Heroscape universe. The main problem is that D&D is fantasy, and for the most part, fantasy NEVER has robots, or weird dog-looking-like things which mediocre comics are based off, but that's beside the point. So, what are your thoughts on the use of Vydar in the D&D 'Scape Universe.
This has been Viktor, the Kyrie Russian signing off.

Kyries, Распространение наши крылья для матери Россия!
Old April 16th, 2011, 11:15 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker
Re: D&D Vydar

Do you mean how they represented Vydar with units like the Warforged and the Iron Golem? I think they did a good job with it because they kept the kind of metallic looking mysterious units with gears and machinery and what not. Granted, they didn't have soulborgs and agents but they did well with what they had.
Old April 16th, 2011, 11:29 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor, the Kyrie Russian View Post
Hello all,
It's me Viktor, and I have yet another unit thread. This discussion is about the use of Vydar in the D&D Heroscape universe. The main problem is that D&D is fantasy, and for the most part, fantasy NEVER has robots, or weird dog-looking-like things which mediocre comics are based off, but that's beside the point. So, what are your thoughts on the use of Vydar in the D&D 'Scape Universe.
This has been Viktor, the Kyrie Russian signing off.
Dund has comics based off him? All I can think of is Carr Loves Dund, which isn't really a Comic(Nor is it mediocre)
Old April 17th, 2011, 02:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassistofDoom View Post
Do you mean how they represented Vydar with units like the Warforged and the Iron Golem? I think they did a good job with it because they kept the kind of metallic looking mysterious units with gears and machinery and what not. Granted, they didn't have soulborgs and agents but they did well with what they had.
I think he is saying, how should the pre-D&D Vydar units be used in D&D themed dungeon crawls and the like. The Q brothers, all the agents, the gorillas with guns, etc. don't really fit into a fantasy setting.

I think there are enough figures available that if you really want to run a strictly fantasy themed game, you can do so just fine with out including those units that do not fit the theme from any general. If you are trying to play a fantasy themed general wars game, where each general faces off against each other without allies, then you can make the handful of fantasy themed Vydar units available as mercenaries for the other generals to draft. However, I do think you can put together a ~500 point fantasy themed Vydar army now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units