Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old March 30th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: TORONTO, CANADA Heroscape gamers.

Heroscape match this thursday At Dueling Grounds! starts at 5:00 with lots of other gaming going on.

Dueling Grounds is located at 2222 Dundas St. W.

http://www.dueling-grounds.com/Location.html

Driving in from west of Toronto: Take the 427 south to the Gardiner Expressway if applicable. Follow the Gardiner Expressway eastbound into downtown Toronto and take the Jameson turnoff (just before the Exibition grounds). Follow Jameson north to King St. and turn left (west). Follow King St. westbound until it ends turning north at an intersection with Queen St. Drive north through the intersection (McDonald's on your left) onto Roncesvalles Ave. until you reach a Y intersection where Roncesvalles meets Dundas St. Our store is on the large curve by those lights.

Heroscape will live in Toronto!

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; September 18th, 2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old May 7th, 2009, 06:38 PM

sarboz has disabled reputation

I'm willing to host games at my place in Etobicoke (I can pick people up from the Kipling subway station and drop off at same station afterwards).

So far it is normally myself, David, and potentially his gf and mine ... A city of over 4.5 million people, and only two scapers that can meet on a semi-regular basis? C'mon.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 04:54 PM

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Allo All,

I want to get a game going either this weekend or next. June 6-7 and Jun 13-14 are both options. My Goal is to get 4 player (at least). If we get 4 or more players we can have a mini tounament and I will supply a Heroscape Figure prize.

My Place is always open, but if anyone else wants to host I'm open to it. I'm at Dundas and Bloor, in the west but would be willing to travel to get this going.

The sooner you e-mail me back the sooner we can get a game going. New players are totally welcome.

Wriggz

Old June 2nd, 2009, 11:46 PM
Warning! Reading my posts may make you smarter

mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey guys,

I typically play with buddies of mine in multi-player games, but I'd be down to mix things up a bit and play some Heroscape in the GTA sometime.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend either or those dates. Also, I'm pretty much unavailable on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Otherwise, we can work something out.

Cheers,
Jmac
Old September 16th, 2009, 07:38 PM

ATTN NHSD OCT 17th!

Hello Fellow Canadain Scapers

Looks like we will have our own NHSD (National Heroscape Day) Event. It will cost 10$ to play and we have room for 10-20 players. The Event will take place at Dueling Grounds: www.dueling-grounds.com. They are at the corner of Bloor and Dufferin and there is "free" parking a short walk away at the Dufferin Grove Mall. You can get full directions at their website. We will be meeting at 11:30 and playing from 12:00 till we are done, which I hope will be around 6~7.

I don't yet have the specifics of how the Tournment will be run, But rest assured that the organizers will have a very fair and interesting gameday planed. Prizes will be awared to the day's winners including more scape, possibly including some exclusives. Expect more information to follow in the comming days. If this event goes well we might be looking at a quarterly event in Toronto.

We are also looking for people willing to help set up who can bring a few master sets to create maps. If you would like to help out please send me a PM.

Wriggz

Last edited by wriggz; September 17th, 2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old September 17th, 2009, 09:18 AM

fetidsockpuppet Woo who?

Hey Wriggz,

I got the PM. but can't seem to find the date.... When is the event?

Doh! Nevermind - the date is at the top of your post

Last edited by fetidsockpuppet; September 17th, 2009 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Because I'm a dummy.
Old January 31st, 2010, 06:09 PM
has been BANNED

Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby!

Good News!!! The well-know Toronto gamestore THE HAIRY TARANTULA has recently opened its third store in the north end of Toronto at Yonge and Steeles. I went up there yesterday and spoke to the owner himself (his name is Leon and he's always there on Saturdays). I asked him if it would be ok for us to play Heroscape games in his store and he said it would be great, as long as I booked ahead of time.

For those who know what I'm talking about, this store is much larger than his Yonge and Dundas stores combined!!! I kid you not. He's got plenty of space because he's rented the entire mini-plaza's basement. We could easily play 8-10 simulatenous games of Heroscape. All I need is for those of you who are interested in setting up a Saturday (?) game day to chime in and let me know you're interested.

If I can get at least half a dozen people to come, I can set up a round-robin tournament and we can even have prizes (Leon stocks Heroscape too, lots of it. I bought my 2 D&D Heroscape sets in his store). If you guys want, I'd be happy to set up the scenarios and the game day. Please let me know even if you're just interested in meeting and playing casually at the new store.

Hope to hear from you.

Last edited by Sarpedon; January 31st, 2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old February 4th, 2010, 06:31 PM
has been BANNED

Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby! Sarpedon rolls all skulls baby!

Come on guys, let's get together and play. There's no excuse. I've got Wriggz on board willing to help organize. He's proven himself capable already (18 turned out in the very first event he organized with me as his second). We can't do it without all of you.
Old February 5th, 2010, 04:29 PM

Chrispi Woo who?

I've been looking for a local T-Dot game since the October event (my 1st). The new Harry-T store is great, and I too have made a few purchases from this location. The prices are reasonable, and the guys are friendly. As for space... Yeah, they've got plenty!

Confirm a date and time and I'll be there. I'm sure that a few of the guys north of the city from the Barrie/Newmarket crew would also be in attendance.
Old February 5th, 2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurrican
hey this hurrican, just tell me when it is and we will be there.
Just got a heads up!

Old February 5th, 2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdroppers
Any info on the tourney is helpful so definitely let me know. Because if there are prizes involved I might convince some of my friends to go.
Also got this message.

Old February 5th, 2010, 11:05 PM

cosmicgash is surprisingly tart

I'm a little east of the city (Whitby), but would definitely try to make it in for some 'scape. I'm pretty new to it, but my collection is growing, and am itching for more games.

As an aside, I know about HairyT and 401 Games, but are there any other FLGS either downtown or east of the city that stock HS? I don't mind buying online, but love eyeballing the goods in person.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers