Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old October 18th, 2022, 08:18 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Competitive Unit Congress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
The player that controls saylind would perform the movement/attack with the commons since it mentions figures that Saylond's owner controls
Correct, the summoning only impacts figures you control to avoid any weirdness with summoning enemy figures, etc.

The idea behind this is trying to make the use of Saylind actually worth it. Not just from a points perspective, but from an order marker one. In this version, she becomes a reverse bonder, basically. We'll see how it works. I need to figure out what figures really benefit the most from this ability and if it breaks the game in any way.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old October 18th, 2022, 08:26 AM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I think this would be the first instance of a regular attack taking place outside of the turn of the attacking figure (and the first instance of a normal move taking place outside of a turn).
We could easily change the language to be "After taking a turn with Saylind..." if that seems to fit the usual conventions of the game better. Then it would basically be like a form of movement bonding after the fact.

By the way, we greatly appreciate feedback and comments on this. We have been working on this for some time and we haven't quite landed on the final version. This is basically what we would like to see Saylind do, but it needs to be ironed out. Please play devil's advocate with this so we think through the possible outcomes of this.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old October 18th, 2022, 08:55 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

There are some issues with moving and attacking with members of different squads. C3V's Omegacron ran into them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 18th, 2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
There are some issues with moving and attacking with members of different squads. C3V's Omegacron ran into them.
Do you recall what issues were brought up? Did they find a solution?

Old October 18th, 2022, 10:10 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Take a look at the FAQs in the thread. They covered those. The only thing you'll need to look at are all attacking powers for common squads that are not Jandar soulborgs to see if there will be any weird interactions there.

Quote:
Old October 18th, 2022, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Take a look at the FAQs in the thread. They covered those. The only thing you'll need to look at are all attacking powers for common squads that are not Jandar soulborgs to see if there will be any weird interactions there.
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

Old October 18th, 2022, 10:41 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

One thing that sticks out to me is that the proposed Saylind card only says common squad figures can move and make a normal attack after being summoned; it doesn't technically direct the player to take a turn with the chosen squad figures like Omegacron does. As such, if Saylind were to summon a Marrden Hound, would you get to roll for Wild Pack Movement, or can the summoned Hound only move a single space? Since Saylind's card only instructs the player to move and make a normal attack with each summoned squad figure, do I roll for Marro Plague after moving the Hound?

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 18th, 2022, 10:46 AM

Yep, that "take a single turn" language on Omegacron is important and helped with a lot of issues.

Quote:
Old October 18th, 2022, 12:17 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Yep, that "take a single turn" language on Omegacron is important and helped with a lot of issues.
Yeah, this is what I was going to say. Each chosen squad figure has to take a turn. You'll have to decide if you're okay with the figures using special powers or if you want to add a "during which the chosen figures may only move and attack" clause. If you let them use special powers things could get really hairy.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 18th, 2022, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Yeah, this is what I was going to say. Each chosen squad figure has to take a turn. You'll have to decide if you're okay with the figures using special powers or if you want to add a "during which the chosen figures may only move and attack" clause. If you let them use special powers things could get really hairy.
Yeah, I don't want to get into special powers and special attacks. This doesn't really work well with those things. Wait then fire, zombie movement, hounds, drones, ect. don't work. Here is a revision trying to be clear on the intent and limiting it. Also, I changed the summoning to happen after Saylind's turn because putting it in between move and attack would get weird with the actions of the summoned units.

I realize that people won't want to use hounds with this card, but that's just how the cookie crumbles. Not every unit works well with the powers of other units. I think this makes for some interesting possibilities. The biggest one is hopefully using Saylind more (I love the sculpt).

Old October 18th, 2022, 06:25 PM

EDIT: Never mind this, I forgot knights only bond with HUMAN champions!!! Dang it.

By the way, here is the change we are discussing with Concan. Again, this change isn't really in line with our mission statement here, but we really just want to see him used more. He's not bad in the current meta, I just never see him get used for his cool enhancement. I think making him a champion immediately makes him super intriguing.

But that's just me. This is more of a personal want, rather than a needed rebalance to the game.

Old October 18th, 2022, 06:27 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
By the way, here is the change we are discussing with Concan. Again, this change isn't really in line with our mission statement here, but we really just want to see him used more. He's not bad in the current meta, I just never see him get used for his cool enhancement. I think making him a champion immediately makes him super intriguing.

But that's just me. This is more of a personal want, rather than a needed rebalance to the game.

The Knights of Weston only bond with human champions, so this change most likely leaves Concan with the same synergy unless I'm missing something

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions