Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old January 30th, 2014, 11:52 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Interested in Jungle/Flocked hexes?

Hey all, I was tryin to figure out how to make a little cash, while doing stuff that I enjoy, and it hit me that there's plenty of people on here who would love to have really nice Custom Jungle or Flocked Terrain, but just don't have the time or skill to make it. If I were to start making Sets to sell would anyone be interested? and how much would you pay for say, a flocked RotV?

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Last edited by boromir96; January 30th, 2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old January 31st, 2014, 05:01 PM

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Interested in Jungle/Flocked hexes?

Note that these would be made using the best materials and tutorials available, which of course means following Grishnakh and Rocktroll's guides.

Old January 31st, 2014, 05:21 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool. Good luck.

I take it that people send you their hexes to be flocked or do you have tons of extra tiles?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 31st, 2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Very cool. Good luck.

I take it that people send you their hexes to be flocked or do you have tons of extra tiles?
I could do it either way probably, I have enough that I could use a set and then replace it later.

Old February 1st, 2014, 01:23 AM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker

I still don't have any Ticalla Jungle... but given I'm in Australia I'd expect it will be significantly cheaper for me to make them (when I get off my butt to learn how to do so).

Any thoughts on how much it would be for trees and shrubs equivalent to 2 Ticalla Jungle sets?
Old February 1st, 2014, 01:49 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
Any thoughts on how much it would be for trees and shrubs equivalent to 2 Ticalla Jungle sets?
Same question here.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 1st, 2014, 02:00 AM

ssnover95 knows what's in an order marker ssnover95 knows what's in an order marker ssnover95 knows what's in an order marker

I think you'd probably find more interest if you were to post pictures of a set or two that you've actually flocked yourself.
Old February 1st, 2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
Same question here.
I've been researching for a bit and located all the supplies and stuff, the main price booster is shipping, as its very hard to find more than one item from the same store. If I could find some of them local it would lower the cost a bit... So far it looks like all the materials would run about $100, but that would be enough for 4-6? sets.

Old February 1st, 2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnover95 View Post
I think you'd probably find more interest if you were to post pictures of a set or two that you've actually flocked yourself.
Ha, yes it might, I haven't done any yet though... I wanted to see if there was at least any interest before dumping a bunch of cash on large bags of Flock and stuff.

Old February 1st, 2014, 11:32 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

As far as jungle stuff goes (which doesn't need to be flocked; not for me at least) you could probably find what you need at a local aquarium or maybe a pet shop. Hobby Lobby and the like might also have something that would work. I've been planning to make my own jungle, but if it's cheap enough to buy a set or two from you (using your tiles) I might do that instead.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 1st, 2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
As far as jungle stuff goes (which doesn't need to be flocked; not for me at least) you could probably find what you need at a local aquarium or maybe a pet shop. Hobby Lobby and the like might also have something that would work. I've been planning to make my own jungle, but if it's cheap enough to buy a set or two from you (using your tiles) I might do that instead.
Yup, the Jungle wouldn't be flocked unless someone specifically asked for it. I'm gonna try to see what I can find at Petco, but I'd really like to use the exact stuff Rocktroll uses, or at least extremely similar, even if it costs a little more.

Old February 2nd, 2014, 01:05 AM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think that someone found the exact(ish) plants used in TJ, but I don't know where that thread is...

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles