Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 18th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Gen Con Exclusive 2008 revealed by WotC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_golden_PONYBOY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Were the strict limitations in effect the entire Con? We heard that on Thursday they handed out 250 and said that was it. What made the news doubly disheartening was the fact that apparently they weren't stamping badges. Did that continue?
If I have my way, they will no longer give them out for free at the booth. They will be available only to those who participate in events. I simply can't stand the freeby mentality that so many non-heroscape playing individuals had this year!!
And that would pretty much solve most of the problems. Huzzah for your suggestion sir. I support it 110%.
Perhaps making them demo Heroscape to get the promo like they do with most games?
Problem is that this creates a big line of people crowding the gaming hall... Something that drives event organizers crazy and leads to much frustration.... No, I think we should do them for participation only and then just increase our short/cheap/beginner events.
Not trying to be your "yes man," but I think adding more "beginner" events like Damnation Alley would be a good idea.

Even have pre-drafted armies for each map, so the people don't have to bring armies. In the SotM rule book there is the 3-part campaign that uses three different SotM maps. Maybe this could be used. You would need 7 SotM mastersets and figures and start with 8 players on the first campaign map, then 4 winners to the second and finally 2 winners play the final map (each time leave the figures/cards/etc behind for the next player since the next map in progression would have the figures you need). The players wouldn't have to bring anything, so someone only just getting into heroscape wouldn't be at a disadvantage due to not have a lot of expansions, etc. To keep the "story line" moving, always have the "right" side of the table play the Marro and the "left" side play the "united forces." Just an idea.
Old August 18th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Were the strict limitations in effect the entire Con? We heard that on Thursday they handed out 250 and said that was it. What made the news doubly disheartening was the fact that apparently they weren't stamping badges. Did that continue?
If I have my way, they will no longer give them out for free at the booth. They will be available only to those who participate in events. I simply can't stand the freeby mentality that so many non-heroscape playing individuals had this year!!
And that would pretty much solve most of the problems. Huzzah for your suggestion sir. I support it 110%.
Perhaps making them demo Heroscape to get the promo like they do with most games?
Problem is that this creates a big line of people crowding the gaming hall... Something that drives event organizers crazy and leads to much frustration.... No, I think we should do them for participation only and then just increase our short/cheap/beginner events.
Not trying to be your "yes man," but I think adding more "beginner" events like Damnation Alley would be a good idea.

Even have "pre-drafted" armies for each map. In the SotM rule book there is the 3-part campaign that uses three different SotM maps. Maybe this could be used. You would need 7 SotM mastersets and figures and start with 8 players on the first campaign map, then 4 winners to the second and finally 2 winners play the final map. The players wouldn't have to bring anything, so someone only just getting into heroscape wouldn't be at a disadvantage due to not have a lot of expansions, etc. Just an idea.
I like that. Its brilliant! a roll of the 20 sider would determine who picked what side!
Old August 18th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Even have "pre-drafted" armies for each map. In the SotM rule book there is the 3-part campaign that uses three different SotM maps. Maybe this could be used. You would need 7 SotM mastersets and figures and start with 8 players on the first campaign map, then 4 winners to the second and finally 2 winners play the final map. The players wouldn't have to bring anything, so someone only just getting into heroscape wouldn't be at a disadvantage due to not have a lot of expansions, etc. Just an idea.
One thing Truth pointed out was that they don't do this for the Majic players at all. They do have a retail area to sell cards to folks who want to buy them.......

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 18th, 2008, 04:29 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
They can't check everyone's pockets (if they ever even decided not to be lazy about it), so taking in your own drink and candy is the way to go.
I usually go the movies with my kids and I prefer not to teach them that breaking the rules is okay if you don't get caught (and I prefer to live my life that way too).
I understand that, but I'm also not going to encourage the $.50 price hike on every already expensive item every busy season.

Quote:
Mara Jade, Emporer's Hand (I think Mara fits these stats very well)

And if you don't have this fig then there are pretty cheap on ebay.
Skahen or no, I just might pick one of those up depending how cheap!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 18th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

One thing Truth pointed out was that they don't do this for the Majic players at all. They do have a retail area to sell cards to folks who want to buy them.......
Sorry for the quoting quotes that quote quotes, but just to clarify -- what exactly is it that they don't do for magic players?
  1. Have promotional figures/cards
  2. Have beginner games
  3. Provide "base sets" to play the beginner game
  4. Something else I missed entirely
Old August 18th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Sorry for the quoting quotes that quote quotes, but just to clarify -- what exactly is it that they don't do for magic players?
  1. Have promotional figures/cards
  2. Have beginner games
  3. Provide "base sets" to play the beginner game
  4. Something else I missed entirely
Number 3, I believe.
Old August 18th, 2008, 07:17 PM

BlueRobin Woo who?

Here is basically what happen each day of the con as far as the Promo went.

Thursday - 9 a.m. they opened up early for VIG to shop an hour early. People buying from WotC were handed heroscape promos while standing in this very small line. They also gave you a promo after making a purchase. Any exhibitor or VIG could easily get 2-4 promos each during this hour. Doors open at 10 for General population and the remaining promos were gone in 5 minutes.

Friday - around 50 exhibitors are already in line in front of WotC booth at the time doors open at 10. Each of those exhibitors get one. The 1st dozen or so are able to circle around a booth and get at least another one before the line gets too big in the 1st 60 secs. All 250 are gone in 5 minutes yet again. There are people trying to buy exclusives off people once they get them at the booth. The most typical response is that everyone says they are getting them because they heard through the grape line that they go for $70-90 on eBay. It looks like those early presells established the market price in alot of peoples minds. This was like the PS3 launch where everyone thought they were going to make an instant $2000.

Saturday - Exhibitors line up early again, however, WotC tells them that they are going to give the Regular Joes outside first crack. The Exhibitors disperse, but only about 10-15 feet away from the booth. Just a few second run away from WotC to get them. Doors open and literally 100's of people run through the artist gallary area. You here alot of yelling from the artists. Exhibitors quickly snap up about 1/3 of the promos again. The line stretched almost to the door. Within 5 minutes promos are out again. HOWEVER, sticking around the booth, WotC is talking about opening up another box. They do so. Now since the line is cut down by about 80% because people leave it. Now only the hard corps are around and they continously circle snapping up at least 6-9 promos each. WotC officials are heard saying, 'What are we going to do about people getting extras, we are not punching badges'.

Sunday - Exihibitors don't get any. Neither do the general pop because they gave out Sunday's supply on Saturday. The funny thing is WotC actually had a working solution in place for their MtG Dragon Box set. They line people up OUTSIDE the exhibit hall and marched them in single file for that exclusive. Probably, the exhibitors in the artist gallery complained loudly the day before. Exhibitors were out of luck that day. If they had done that with Heroscape, the general population could have easily gotten one. But there was none to be given out that day.
I heard from several WotC officals the 1000 total number and the 250 for each day. They just gave out Sundays supply on Saturday.

I was lucky enough to be helping out this year at a booth nearby, so I was able to witness this. Yes, I did get a couple of promos, but what some of these people were doing was crazy and excessive. Some of what I described above is what I heard others talking about, but it seems to be supported by what others on here are saying. I think this promo will definately eclipse the exclusivity of Sir Hawthorne over time. The good news, if there is any, since everyone was looking for a quick payout, the price of these promos will be lower right now over the next few weeks then previous ones are as people dump them to get whatever price they can. After that though, I think the supply will dry up and the price will shoot up.
Old August 18th, 2008, 07:28 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for posting that BlueRobin. What a shame that some douches stand around and keep getting exclusives with the sole intention of selling them on E-Bay while others who are only able to attend on Sunday and who are fans of the game have to leave empty handed.
Old August 18th, 2008, 07:35 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

If I make it to GenCon next year, I'll stand around punching all those who are standing around in the face. Who's with me?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 18th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I received a total of 14 Skahens this year. 1 personalized to me by Bunjee (thanks! ) and one signed by Craig.
Old August 18th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I received a total of 14 Skahens this year. 1 personalized to me by Bunjee (thanks! ) and one signed by Craig.
Whoa. That's more individual figures than I have of any common squad. And, Necro, I'm with you.
Old August 18th, 2008, 08:05 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Look out eBay, here comes Cleon!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News