Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 11th, 2007, 06:02 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Shiori

The Book of Shiori
Swarm of the Marro - Master Set 2

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Shiori is one of the 5 Heroes on a scouting mission into the uncharted swamp. Pulled out of Earth before her training was complete, Shiori’s combat skills are vastly different from the other four Heroes. She is silent and she can move like the wind.

While her two Kunai daggers are potent weapons, she’s also able to attack using shuriken missiles with deadly effect. Time and again, she’s thrown shurikens to help other allies in their own deadly struggles. No foe is too powerful, no battlefield prize too difficult to capture, when the mysterious Ninja abilities of Shiori come into play.
(Hasbro)

Can I use the 'X' Order Marker to be the unrevealed Order Marker?

Yes. The X Order Marker is a valid Order Marker. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Recieved

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • -N/A

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Ranking and Master Index
  • - TBA

Unit Strategy Review
Unit Strategy Review: Shiori

Last edited by R˙chean; April 11th, 2015 at 03:33 PM. Reason: VC synergy added
Old September 11th, 2007, 06:44 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
D'oh I only just saw her Special Attack has a range of 5.
The Concentrated Will ability is slightly tricky to understand at first glance. So if you control Shiori put 2 order markers on her and you get initiative you only get the +1 attack on the second turn but then you don't get the +1 defense because you take your turn first. But if you go last then you won't get the +1 attack but you will get the +1 defense as long as you only have 1 order marker on her. Confusing?!?
Old September 11th, 2007, 09:16 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
You've gotta be kidding me. At the very least, I'd rather draft the Izumi, Stingers, Marro Warriors, Isamu, Marcu, Venocs, Roborats, Me-Burq-Sa, and the Orcs, who are all the same price or lower as this unit and even at one squad, with the exception of the Venocs and Orcs, are easily better than Shiori with just one. Shiori just requires too much to set up. The only thing she's got going for her is Shrukien and the amount of confusion she can cause due to the Concentrated Will.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 11th, 2007, 10:04 PM

Minnion has disabled reputation
If you happen to have the marvelscape set, just put the X on her and use red skull to move her around. I know this was mentioned before but I figure it was worth mentioning again...

"We are all mad here" ~Cheshire Cat

It is the domain of a geek to seek out meaning in that which seems trivial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOd...elated&search=
Old September 11th, 2007, 10:11 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
But that removes the only reason to EVER draft Shiori-surprise. While a good idea in theory, if you keep doing that, the opponent will easily kill her, and then you have a Red Skull sitting there waiting to get spanked, because it's predictable.
However, if I was to use Shiori alone, and swapped between placing the 1, 3, or X on her, how in the world is my opponent going to know what I'm doing? If I use Red Skull, I lose some of that unpredictability. Plus, I'd rather use Red Skull to move another Hero other than Shiori that can actually hold the enemy in place so he can slap them hard.
Edit: Well, Red Skull doesn't need to be near Shiori, but I think that unpredictability is a good reason not to use Red Skull to move her.

Old September 11th, 2007, 10:29 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
I believe Concentrated Will was designed so that if you lose initiative she gets a little defense boost. The extra attack is for those strategy geniuses to try and maneuver her for the bonus.

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old September 11th, 2007, 10:30 PM

Actually, I see it that it was designed for complete trickery. Think about it. A smart player can leave his/her opponent's head in circles by mixing markers, and making the opponent switch his markers to counter. If he guesses wrong, woe is on him.

Old September 11th, 2007, 11:01 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
She has synergy with Einar's flagbearer....she can give him a free shield.
Old September 11th, 2007, 11:03 PM

Jcb, it's your 5000th post!
In any case, she'd be better stealthily moving to your enemy's heroes while making their heads spin with order marker confusion. I don't think I'd use her just to give another unit an extra shield. It's a nice bonus, but for praticallity's sake, I don't think it will be used much.

Old September 11th, 2007, 11:16 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Jcb, it's your 5000th post!
In any case, she'd be better stealthily moving to your enemy's heroes while making their heads spin with order marker confusion. I don't think I'd use her just to give another unit an extra shield. It's a nice bonus, but for praticallity's sake, I don't think it will be used much.
A lot of synergies aren't used much, but for completist's sake they should be pointed out!
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:02 AM

ares834 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I think Marcu is far better than her. And he still is only 1/3 her price.
Old September 12th, 2007, 05:50 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Why is concetrated will confusing?

I think she rocks, that shuriken gives her range and she's got life, the unit I think is better is Me-burq-sa because he's got permanent range and good movement.

Shiori should be used to target a certain unit. Since she has phantom walk she can be used like Agent Carr, and get past all other figures. Then she gets boosted from concetrated will to take out the unit.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units