Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old December 30th, 2013, 08:35 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Oklahoma Heroscape - January event

Updated the OP. I will hammer down a location soon. If anyone prefers a different date speak soon or forever hold your peace!
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
For NHSD event on October 19th, please see this thread.

Discussion for this January event begins here.

Date: January 11th

Start time: Arrive at 12:30AM--Games starts by 1pm.

Most likely somewhere in Shawnee, OK

Format: Rolling Rumble, 2v2. Each player brings a pair of armies. Before each game, each team rolls the d20. Whichever team rolls higher picks one of the army pairs. One player on that team will play one army, the other player will play the other army. Then the other team will also pick one army pair from among the other three remaining army pairs.

Armies: Each player brings a pair of armies totaling up to 690 points and up to 28 spaces. Each army cannot be less than 310 points or more than 380 points.
Hasbro Marvel units of 240 points or less are allowed.
Valhalla Customs units are allowed. I have a large VC collection. If you are interested in borrowing some VC units for your army, just let me know.
As this event is fairly casual, Heroes of Star Wars Scape units will also be allowed.
Reasonable proxies will also be permitted; just contact me or wbdhoc beforehand to confirm them.

Prizes: We will have a side table--if you bring something for the side table, you will be able to take something home from the prize table.

Map Pool: TBD

Attending:
1. capsocrates
2. wbdhoc
3-5. wbdhoc's friends

Maybe Attending:
1-2. caps' friends

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 5th, 2014, 02:35 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Looks like Yogo is coming in from Arkansas, and wbdhoc are both bringing some friends. Is anyone else planning to make this event?

I'm starting to wonder if attendance will be too low for a team event.

--
--
--

--
Old January 6th, 2014, 12:24 PM

Location details are now set and added to the OP.

Geiger Center 222
Shawnee, OK 74804
GoogleMaps coordinates: 35.360417, -96.932639
My Directions:
Spoiler Alert!

--
--
--

--
Old April 7th, 2014, 11:06 AM

Anyone interested in doing an event in the next few months?

--
--
--

--
Old April 27th, 2014, 12:28 AM

Re: Oklahoma Heroscape - Summer event(s)?

I'm planning to go to the event in Richardson, TX on May 31. As long as they don't reach their 20-person cap, any of you are welcome to carpool down there or meet me there. The TX guys are a fun bunch and very friendly.

--

How about an Oklahoma event in June or July?

I'd like to do a GenCon practice once the format is announced. It would also be fun to have one other event: I'm thinking of something crazy but a conventional tourney would be fun also.

--
--
--

--
Old September 3rd, 2014, 11:43 PM

Re: Oklahoma Heroscape - Summer event(s)?

Newest OP is in this spoiler:
Spoiler Alert!

Sound off! Any preferences on date, time, and location? @wbdhoc and I plan to have everything decided by this Sunday, hopefully.

--
--
--

--
Old September 8th, 2014, 08:45 PM

Son of Mulhalla is surprisingly tart
Re: Oklahoma NHSD 2014

Hope yall can rally the troops for a good tourney. I won't be able to make any weekend. Thanks for keeping me in the loop capsocrates!
Old September 8th, 2014, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Mulhalla View Post
Hope yall can rally the troops for a good tourney. I won't be able to make any weekend. Thanks for keeping me in the loop capsocrates!
Sorry to hear you won't make it, man!

--
--
--

--
Old September 18th, 2014, 11:13 PM

We have settled on a Date:

Quote:
OK NHSD 2014
Lightweight Cut-The-Cake

Discussion for this event begins at post #162.

Date:
25th of October

Start time:
TBA

Armies:
For this event, each player will bring two armies of 300-points with no more than 16 figures. The two armies cannot share any figures. These will be the two armies you bring to every game. (C3V/SoV and Marvel allowed. Each army must have at least 250 points of figures that can be placed.)

I have a large VC collection. If you are interested in borrowing some VC units for your army, just let me know.
Reasonable proxies will also be permitted; just contact me or wbdhoc beforehand to confirm them.

Format:
  • Rolling Rumble. Players will be paired at the beginning of the event. As players finish their games they will be paired, based on record, with other players who have finished, so each game should be played to a reasonable conclusion. However, the Event Organizers may call a game at their discretion if it runs longer than a reasonable amount of time.
  • Before each game, there will be a dice-off. The winner of the dice-off chooses either choice of the two armies used, or first choice between the two armies.
  • Whoever has choice of the two armies used will choose which two of the four armies will be used in that game.
  • The other player will then choose which of the two armies they want to play, leaving the other one for their opponent to play.
  • The loser of the diceoff will then choose whether to place his army first or second.
Prizes:
We will have a side table--if you bring something for the side table, you will be able to take something home from the prize table.

Map Pool:
TBD

Attending:
1. capsocrates
2. wbdhoc

Maybe Attending:
1. ??

--
--
--

--
Old September 25th, 2014, 06:00 PM

In the interest of making things easier on players less familiar with the metagame, and also enabling players to always pick one of the armies they brought, the format has been changed to regular Take 2, as in previous years.

Quote:
OK NHSD 2014
Lightweight Take 2

Date:
25th of October

Start time:
TBA

Armies:
For this event, each player will bring two armies of 300-points with no more than 16 figures. The two armies cannot share any figures or Army Cards. These will be the two armies you bring to every game. They should both be armies that you want to play and don't mind playing against. (C3V/SoV and Marvel allowed. Each army must have at least 250 points of figures that can be placed.)

I have a large VC collection. If you are interested in borrowing some VC units for your army, just let me know.

Format:
  • Rolling Rumble. Players will be paired at the beginning of the event. As players finish their games they will be paired, based on record, with other players who have finished, so each game should be played to a reasonable conclusion. However, the Event Organizers may call a game at their discretion if it runs longer than a reasonable amount of time.
  • Before each game, both players roll the 20-sided die. The winner of the roll may choose one of their own armies or one of their opponent's armies. The player who rolled lower may then choose any of the other three armies.

Prizes:
We will have a side table--if you bring something for the side table, you will be able to take something home from the prize table.

Map Pool:
TBD

Attending:
1. capsocrates
2. wbdhoc

Maybe Attending:
1. ??

--
--
--

--
Old October 31st, 2014, 11:42 PM

Re: Oklahoma NHSD 2014 - Rescheduled Nov 22

We rescheduled the event in hopes of getting more players. Map names are now listed in the OP.

Quote:
OK NHSD 2014
Lightweight Take 2

Date:
22nd of November

Start time:
Noon

9118 S Western, Suite B
Oklahoma City, OK 73139

Armies:
For this event, each player will bring two armies of 300-points with no more than 16 figures. The two armies cannot share any figures or Army Cards. These will be the two armies you bring to every game. They should both be armies that you want to play and don't mind playing against. (C3V/SoV and Marvel allowed. Each army must have at least 250 points of figures that can be placed.)

Format:
  • Before each game, both players roll the 20-sided die. The winner of the roll may choose one of their own armies or one of their opponent's armies. The player who rolled lower may then choose any of the other three armies.

Prizes:

Map Pool:
Will be some subset of these maps (we might not bring them all if attendance is low):

Marshian Crossing
Marr Highway
Remains of Clionesia
Mayberry
Cage Match
A Stone's Throw
Remnant
Embattled Fen
Fire Isles
Sirocco

Attending:
1. capsocrates
2. wbdhoc
3. caps' friend

Maybe Attending:
1. ??

--
--
--

--
Old November 18th, 2014, 10:30 PM

Re: Oklahoma NHSD 2014 - Rescheduled Nov 22

Paging
@cloudriderx1 , @Fourshadow , @IndustrialOkie , @jwadeharrell , @lwayman , @sachsen , @sadpony , @szymanc , @wolfeman1968 , @demon_llama , @MattWolf99 , @Okiedokie , @stowoodbury , @Su-Bak-Na , @Yogo

Any of you planning on coming out this Saturday?

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events