Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 21st, 2011, 10:55 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Spite's Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I consider myself one-upped. These look amazing!

Yikes, these guys are beastly. Warzone in particular has Q9-level defenses. His power may not be as versatile, but it's still pretty good. Most frighteningly he doesn't have any of Q9's range, vision, or movement problems; park this guy next to Raelin and keep blasting away. You may want to consider upping his cost.

Just a comment on Betallon Remote Coordination: I think I get what you are doing with the power, but it could be read one of two ways. The way I believe it is intended is simply a +1 to Gnators. However, one could interpret it to mean they get a +1 from each Betallon (i.e. from each instance of the power) as long as they are far enough away from all Betallons. I think it's worded ok, we just don't have a precedent for a +1 power like this that doesn't stack.
Thanks, buddy. I have now tried them out, and I can say that Warzone is defensively terrifying, offensively just okay. More often than not, his regular attack is more worthwhile than his special, he can only target one figure per turn, and his cost is somewhat prohibitive. Obviously, though, the guy is a tank. I'd probably alter his stats before I'd change his cost, but I have to playtest him a couple more times.

I see what you mean with BRC. But you're right, it's simply a +1 if you have at least 1 Beta in your army and the Gnator is 6+ spaces from all of them.

The one I wanted in the second game we played was Ratatat. His SA is the most versatile, but I'm pretty happy with all three of them.

As I was with Mizeekay (DnD's Dragon Totem Hero), who cut up Braxas in my last game before the rest of my army lost miserably.

Old August 22nd, 2011, 01:00 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Spite's Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
As I was with Mizeekay (DnD's Dragon Totem Hero), who cut up Braxas in my last game before the rest of my army lost miserably.

I like the theme with Mizeekay. The Dragon Totem Hero is really small though. I did use that figure and the Dragonkith Knight for my dragonslayer pair:
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 28th, 2011, 11:26 PM

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Spite's Customs - The Taizong Warriors

The Taizong Warriors are pretty self-explanatory, I think.

Old August 29th, 2011, 11:11 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
The Taizong Warriors are pretty self-explanatory, I think.

I like their simplicity, spite.

One question on Deadly Precision...
It states "receives up to 4 additional wounds". How do you determine exactly how many additional wounds the figure receives?
Old August 30th, 2011, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
It states "receives up to 4 additional wounds". How do you determine exactly how many additional wounds the figure receives?
On a 16 or higher, they inflict 4 additional wounds. The wording simply reflects that the defending figure may not be able to actually take 4 additional wounds if it has fewer than 4 lives left. In that case, it would be destroyed first. The wording is similar to the phrase "20 or higher" for d20 rolls, in case a bonus bumps it above a 20.

A couple of side-notes: I noticed that I left "Range Special" in the wording of Deadly Precision SA. That was from an earlier version of the power. It's really just a melee attack, although it has to be on a figure occupying a same-level space, so I have corrected the erroneous text, although I haven't posted the updated version.

Also, they were played against me tonight, and they were solid and fun. Seems like they might be a win.

I'm sure the 2 people who look at my thread will be gratified to know that.
Old August 30th, 2011, 01:19 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
On a 16 or higher, they inflict 4 additional wounds. The wording simply reflects that the defending figure may not be able to actually take 4 additional wounds if it has fewer than 4 lives left. In that case, it would be destroyed first. The wording is similar to the phrase "20 or higher" for d20 rolls, in case a bonus bumps it above a 20.

A couple of side-notes: I noticed that I left "Range Special" in the wording of Deadly Precision SA. That was from an earlier version of the power. It's really just a melee attack, although it has to be on a figure occupying a same-level space, so I have corrected the erroneous text, although I haven't posted the updated version.

Also, they were played against me tonight, and they were solid and fun. Seems like they might be a win.

I'm sure the 2 people who look at my thread will be gratified to know that.
Hmm...you and Lamaclown. That's 2. Well, I looked here too, but didn't have much to say. So...

As a side note, this might be good addition for a Sacred Band build. They can work well as hero killers, I'd imagine.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 30th, 2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Hmm...you and Lamaclown. That's 2. Well, I looked here too, but didn't have much to say. So...

As a side note, this might be good addition for a Sacred Band build. They can work well as hero killers, I'd imagine.
No offense meant. I know it's really more than 2 people. But with so many customs threads going at once, sometimes I post at the wrong moment and the thread gets bumped down the page before anyone actually looks at it. Guess that just means I have to update more often.

The problem with pairing the Taizong with the Sacred Band is this: I don't have any. Actually, they are the only HS figures I don't have. I also don't have a full squad of Armocs, just a couple that I won on ebay in a figure lot, so technically I'm missing one of them too. But Sacred Band I own zero. (::Grumble grumble stupid WotC grumble Wave 4 re-release grumble:: )Otherwise, it would be a great idea.

Actually, we tried the Taizong out last night and they were very solid. Obviously, with Concentrated Will, they should be paired with something that draws fire, but CW works much better on a unique squad than it does on Shiori.

We also tried out the Elite Rockhoppers, which you all have seen (I priced them at 70), and the Elite Sandvipers, which I had not posted yet:

Woops, that last picture isn't the Elite Sandvipers is it? Must be something else.

Let me know what you think. Thanks guys!

~Spite

Last edited by spiteofthedice; August 30th, 2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old August 31st, 2011, 12:39 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Spite's Customs - The Elite Sandvipers 8/30

Excellent paint job on the Sand Vipers!

They are oozing theme. I especially like the Special Assignmnet ability since my group allows mixed Marvel.

Being a Unique Squad, I think Precision Strike gives them an ability to deliver a good punch without being overpowered.

Nice job!
Old August 31st, 2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Excellent paint job on the Sand Vipers!

They are oozing theme. I especially like the Special Assignmnet ability since my group allows mixed Marvel.
Thanks.

We tried them out. Interestingly, it was hard to get a read on how well they actually did. When they roll an 8+ and their hero gets a turn (Ironman, in my army), they are decent back-up. Not too powerful, but the Marvel figs don't really need help--I just want the extra incentive to spend the points on them. And I did win the game.

Thing is, when I missed the roll for Special Assignment, things got tough pretty fast. Everything in my army was expensive, so I didn't have a ton of figures in play, and as soon as my Elites started to die, I could only take turns with one Elite at a time if I missed the Special Assignment roll.

Now, like I said, the Marvel figures don't really need help, and I won the game, so it may be that my Elites were cooperative enough to be worth it. But oh man, if I had missed the Special Assignment roll a couple more times, that game would have gone differently.

Hopefully, the custom hero I'm working on for them will help with that.
Old August 31st, 2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Old August 31st, 2011, 10:09 PM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker

I'm thinking that these guys could be a huge threat with Raelin to back them up. With height and Raelin, these guys are throwing 4 attack dice and 5 defense dice, if they find that height on sand they dominate.

A possible army:
Elite Sandvipers 70 (70)
Raelin RotV 80 (150)
Thanos 320 (470)
Deathreavers x3 120 (590)
Isamu 10 (600)

This would be very nasty to play against. Nice job on the Sandvipers. And nice camo repaints, by the way!
Old October 11th, 2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You need a refill on that? I'm still working out the card for the Army's newest revolution in exo-technology.

While that's happening (along with some mods I'm pretty psyched to show off), here's Bloo, a fun little goblin sorcerer. At least I hope he's fun. Haven't tried him yet.

As always, criticism is welcome. Critics, however, will be shot.

Thanks!

~Spite

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards