Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 2nd, 2015, 03:26 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Musings

Did you ever wake up a bit muzzy-headed only to have the scent of coffee or citrus or breakfast flip a switch in your brain (or Irish Spring, for that matter - but that might just be me)?

I've been muzzy-headed about the whole online Scape thing, which has caused a lot of muzzy-headedness about C3V stuff in general. Not so much that I wasn't aware of all the great work being done here. Not so much that I was unaware on some level of the implications of the new figures. But that I didn't have any mental alacrity with regard to them. I was more concerned with watching them to make sure they didn't break the game than I was in making them part of my plan to take over the world.

But I'm kinda starting to come around to this online Scape thing.

(He likes it, hey Mikey!)

All of which causes me to consider how hopelessly out of date I have become in my understanding of C3V inclusive synergies and the current metagame.

So this is a multi-purpose thread for me to think aloud about stuff I want to try out online. Hopefully, it will also be a thread where others will share their experience of what does and doesn't work. Ideally, I'll even get a few (dozen) online matches out of it where I can be shown the error of my ways. I get the impression that at least some folks around here wouldn't mind a game or two after 9pm Central when I'm usually available.

Ugh. Introductions. Now we get to the stuff that made me want to start the thread in the first place, a few of the armies or pieces of armies I want to try:

You're in the Army Now
6x 8th Infantry
AE
ROTV Drake
ROTV Raelin
510/12

Firefight looks potentially devastating - but so does the Classic Sniper/Repulsor combo until you try to make it work. This looks like a withering amount of ranged firepower that's also thematically interesting to me.

Elf Guarded Tomb
Crypt Guardians
Syvarris
Sudema
Screen

Syvarris to outrange everyone, which hopefully solves the problem of how to get opponents into Sudema's kill zone.

Harder, Better, Faster, Eviler
Deathcommander 3 combos, mix and matching
Zettian Infantry
DW8k
Deathstalkers
Rats
Warden

I've been trying to make evil soulborg armies work for years. DC3 feels like the mech who can make it happen, but what's the magic composition of forces around him?

Harder, Better, Faster, Gooder
Omegacron
2xSnipers
3xRepulsors
500/16

A chance to make the Sniper/Repulsor synergy work? Yes, please!

Guided by an Alien Hand
Valguard
Dreadguls
Range

Heck yeah - Valguard is awesome! Probably ought to throw in the Tarn as well.

Monkey Madness
Combos of...
Zaeus
Laglor
GTroopers
GNators
Nakitas

Having a hard time wrapping my head around the best way to OM these, but feel like there is quite a bit of potential power to unlock.

Fire and Steel
Incendiborgs
3x Blackgaards
540/15

Feels like a boss fight taking place in Mt Doom.

In addition to the above, playing with a bunch of Shieldsmiths or Havech Eradicators would be fun. And I gotta try Mok with some Dwarves at some point.

So... musings. That's where my head is at now. I'm sure many of you have long since exhausted the ideas I'm tossing out, but I'm not so muzzy-headed now and I'm looking for new insight.

~Aldin, who left a lot of stuff that intrigues him off the list which is intended to be representative rather than exhaustive

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 2nd, 2015, 05:28 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Musings

Sounds like you have some fun playing ahead of you .

As far as your monkey Madness goes, the gorrilinators can work in a clunky sort of way between the Nakitas and Zaeus but you run out of points quickly if you try to get the gorrilitroopers in there as well. The troopers are really a force unto themselves and pair quite nicely with Laglor (and Raelin for that matter).

I like your idea for the Crypt Guardians and Sudema. I've been wanting to try them out myself but I keep on pushing it off.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 06:59 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

For the pathfinders, the obvious pairing (aside from Raelin and Rats) seems to be Captain Varan. His Purple Heart means that he can soak the wounds for 6 pathfinders as the pod marches forward. I haven't really seen this played to great effect yet, but I suspect it is stronger than it has gotten credit for thus far.

For Deathcommander, my suggestion is to either go straight Deathstalkers, or straight Zettian Infantry (perhaps with Warden support). Mixing and matching leaves you short on both ends.

Valguard/Dreadguls doesn't really need Tarns.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 08:38 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I'm just happy to that Aldin still likes what we are creating in the C3V. ^_^

~ZB, always happy to see VC unit analysis

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 2nd, 2015, 09:14 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

As far as Valguard/Dreadguls/Range goes, Guilty has actually been shown online to be an very potent ranged component to that army, at least when the other side doesn't have anything to shoot him down with quickly.

Old February 2nd, 2015, 10:39 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I like Deathcommander with Deathwalkers.

The fuddy duddy stuff doesn't bother me. Just blow it all up and pray you don't roll roll 3+ Deathwalker Rolls.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 3rd, 2015, 01:32 PM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks for all the good advice, everyone!

@Ixe So you like Zaeus, Laglor, GTroopers as the best Monkey Madness core? Feels light on the ability to take damage to me, but I guess that's why I should consider Raelin with them.

@dok For some reason I tend to shy away from Varan. Probably because it never occurs to me to use him like that. And I know the Dreadguls/Valguard don't need the Tarn, but the Tarn are pretty cost effective for what they do and rushing them forward to glyphs and/or early engagement behind which to march in the Dreadguls seems like a good way to spend 50 points (yes - Rats are probably better for this - but not as fun).

@awesomeunleashed I like Guilty, but I'm not sure why he would be a go to option for range there. Is six squads really enough better then five to take Guilty over the KMA (I'm assuming 500 points - at 510 the Marro Warriors seem to be clearly a better choice)?

@flameslayer93 Have you seen my RNG? I was under 40% for attack dice in my last game with over 175 dice rolled. I use my Deathwalkers as tombstones.

So my biggest barrier right now is that I've set up maps and figures so few times with the online app that it takes me a long time, several thread references and a few swear words to get something going. I've got to get familiar enough to make it as easy as setting up the physical maps ultimately became. Playing the current season is helping a lot with that familiarity.

~Aldin, who came up with a fun 500 point Quahon army in another thread that now he's wanting to try as well

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 3rd, 2015, 01:39 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
@awesomeunleashed I like Guilty, but I'm not sure why he would be a go to option for range there. Is six squads really enough better then five to take Guilty over the KMA (I'm assuming 500 points - at 510 the Marro Warriors seem to be clearly a better choice)?
The key here is that unlike all of the other ranged options, Guilty bonds with the Dreadguls. The ability to throw multiple ranged attacks and move the Dreadguls in the same OM is pretty nasty.

Zaeus is actually a somewhat inefficient hero to use with GTroopers; I'd usually prefer just more Troopers. Laglor+GTroopers+Raelin is generally going to be the best option, but it can certainly be solid without Raelin.

Old February 3rd, 2015, 02:30 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

@Aldin , I have but that hurts to hear. I know your pain as far as rolling badly goes.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 4th, 2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Guilty bonds with the Dreadguls.
Oh...

Well I feel foolish...

So, does anyone have a list of units that have an advantage against Special Attacks (like Augamo)?

~Aldin, glad he doesn't have to re-invent the wheel

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 4th, 2015, 09:25 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Augamo , Cultists, and Iron Golem are only one's I'm aware of that get autoshields against SAs.
Old February 4th, 2015, 09:30 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Augamo , Cultists, and Iron Golem are only one's I'm aware of that get autoshields against SAs.
That's one more than I'm aware of that gets autoshields against specials.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs