Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 11th, 2012, 02:36 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Typhon2222's Maps — LEVIATHAN updated May 6

Had an epic game on LEVIATHAN last night. All lupine all the way: Anubian Wolves (with Khosumet and our Kophawet custom) versus the Wolves of Badru (and our Bane Wolf of Badru custom).

Came down to a final d20 roll for Unleashed Fury. The Wolves of Badru had all been killed, but managed to take down both Khosumet and Kophawet in the process, along with every Anubian but one. This left the single remaining Anubian facing off against nothing but the Bane Wolf of Badru who still had 3 life left. All money was on the Bane Wolf — until the Anubian rolled a 20 for Unleashed Fury and attacked the Bane Wolf with 9 dice.

We continue to like Leviathan, a lot. I'm still wondering whether I want to lift the Shadow hex by the Wannok and move it elsewhere; but otherwise we're pleased as punch with the map.

The Wolves of Badru are a quasi-ranged (or rather, low-ranged) squad; but we still haven't had an all-out ranged army face a purely melee army yet on it. Will be curious to see how it goes.

Last edited by Typhon2222; May 11th, 2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old May 14th, 2012, 05:04 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Typhon2222's Maps — LEVIATHAN updated May 6

Here's the final version of Leviathan (since today is deadline for R˙chean's map-making contest).

Revisions (mostly minor):
  • Got rid of the single-hex level-3 swamp water perch near the SZ. (It was too easy a perch for ranged units.)
  • Switched around a water and swamp water tile in the center, to make friendlier for double-hex units: now they can hop across the water to reach the central dungeon uplands.
  • Added an extra water near the outside edge, so that the flat outside path to the left glyph now runs further away from the hills at a crucial point. Makes it harder for figures on the heights to pin units on the path unless they give up some of the most attractive high ground.

Leviathan (v4) Download PDF
Uses: 1 SotM, 1 BftU.

Last edited by Typhon2222; May 14th, 2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old May 20th, 2012, 02:51 PM

Re: Typhon2222's Maps — Leviathan revised May 14

Just a wee reminder that the voting polls for R˙chean's map-making contest are up! It's open to the entire community, so please check out the entries if you haven't already.

Links to the four polls:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=41294
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=41295
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=41296
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=41297
Old May 27th, 2012, 07:12 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I see you've made some minor changes to Lethe's Lament since the version I've played on HeroSkype, but I thought I would offer you a few comments.

I like the map, but its difficult for melee armies to come at range once it takes the heights. Maybe that's on purpose and not a bad thing, but I thought I would let you know. As a particular example, I played a game a few weeks ago where I managed to get up a thin wall of Warriors of Ashra blocking my opponent's direct approach to my army, while I had swarms of Aubrien Archers on the hills ready to take him down if he approached. It was also difficult for him to get around the "back way" at my forces, especially since I could easily rearrange my WoA to block him off there also.

Maybe its a map feature and designed that way, but I thought I'd share my experience.

In other news, I love playing your maps. I often use them to playtest, since you upload such good high-res images of them from other angles, so I don't need to build the board to play online. Please convert more of them to HeroSkype format! I would particularly like to see *Shangri-La*, Gyre and Gimble, Yar's Revenge, and *Marginal Gain*.

I enjoyed Avernus, Caldera, and Stygian Rift but I think Galaxian was one of my favorites.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; May 27th, 2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Shangri-La and Marginal Gain are the ones I'd most like to see. :-)
Old June 3rd, 2012, 10:01 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Typhon, have you ever actually built Arachne? Because I just brought it to a tournament yesterday, and it's literally impossible to build correctly. It seems like you totally overlooked the fact that neither the Hive nor the Wall Walks can sit on top of castle bases without being raised up half a level. Very annoying.

Old June 8th, 2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Typhon, have you ever actually built Arachne? Because I just brought it to a tournament yesterday, and it's literally impossible to build correctly. It seems like you totally overlooked the fact that neither the Hive nor the Wall Walks can sit on top of castle bases without being raised up half a level. Very annoying.
Sorry you found it frustrating, AU. I did indeed build it. Yes, the Hive and Wall Walks are raised half a level, as you say. But I'm not sure what the problem is, since units can't climb them anyway. I jacked the Hive up on wall walk tiles on purpose, precisely so it would block even more LoS than if it were sitting lower.
Old June 8th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Sorry you found it frustrating, AU. I did indeed build it. Yes, the Hive and Wall Walks are raised half a level, as you say. But I'm not sure what the problem is, since units can't climb them anyway. I jacked the Hive up on wall walk tiles on purpose, precisely so it would block even more LoS than if it were sitting lower.
It looks bad, and it's uneven. Slightly unstable, too.

Old October 7th, 2012, 11:30 AM

Re: Typhon2222's Maps — new HeroSkype map of Stygian Rift (1

Stygian Rift has a spiffy new top-down HeroSkype map. Goodbye to those old alpha-numeric coordinates and grid lines, relics of a bygone era of online play. (They were so, like, early 2012.) Hello to elegant elevation markings instead.

Huge thanks to awesomeunleashed for making this.

Old October 7th, 2012, 02:35 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Typhon2222's Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Sweeney View Post
Quote:
Folks, how did the tourney go?! Any gripping battles, unexpected reversals?

I'm not sure whether Ice Thistle ended up making an appearance or not.... But if it did, I'd love any feedback as to how it played for you folks. I'm kinda curious whether it felt balanced for melee versus ranged, whether the sides saw as much action as the middle, blah blah.

Hi Typhoon -

Sorry while the tournament was great and we had loads of fun, we did not end up building your board, not because we didn't want to, but because we were missing the ice pieces to put the glaciers on, so we had to build another board instead.

The other people who brought boards, just picked different boards to build, but once my son Joseph finds the missing pieces I am sure he will build the board and it will get a thorough workout between him and my other sons as well as myself and one of Joseph's friends.

I'll let you know how they like it.

Be Well-
Tim
Hey Typhon2222,

Tim Sweeney's son here, sorry it took so long to reply, my brother and I only recently got a chance to play on Ice Thistle. Anyhow, Here go's...

I played: Zombies X5, KravMaga Agents, Raelin, and Marcu.

My brother played: DW 9000, DW 8000, Warden 816, Zettian Guards, Raelin, Reavers X2, and Isamu.

How the battle went exactly I can't recall, but there was a tremendous amount of action every where on the board! To either side swarmed Zombies and Reavers alike, all attempting to seize the glyphs (We randomly determined the Glyph of Astrid and Gerda). In the center, both Raelins moved up to support their allies, as Soulborgs and agents exchanged fire.

In the end only Raelin and a small group of zombies was left.

My brother and I both really enjoyed Ice Thistle, and are planning to use it at are up coming tourney. We'll give you everyone's feedback from there as well.

BTW, congrats on getting Stygian Rift approved!

Last edited by Joseph Sweeney; October 7th, 2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old October 9th, 2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Hey Typhon2222,

Tim Sweeney's son here, sorry it took so long to reply, my brother and I only recently got a chance to play on Ice Thistle. Anyhow, Here go's...

My brother played: DW 9000, DW 8000, Warden 816, Zettian Guards, Raelin, Reavers X2, and Isamu.

How the battle went exactly I can't recall, but there was a tremendous amount of action every where on the board! To either side swarmed Zombies and Reavers alike, all attempting to seize the glyphs (We randomly determined the Glyph of Astrid and Gerda). In the center, both Raelins moved up to support their allies, as Soulborgs and agents exchanged fire.

My brother and I both really enjoyed Ice Thistle, and are planning to use it at are up coming tourney. We'll give you everyone's feedback from there as well.

Joseph, you made my day. Thanks for the unexpected feedback on Ice Thistle! (Even down to your army compositions; I love reading that stuff.)

I'm really glad to hear that the entire board saw action. Astrid and Gerda are powerful draws, no doubt.

Your Dad must be thrilled that you play too. I trust you show him no mercy?
Old October 9th, 2012, 09:41 AM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Hey Typhon2222,

Joseph, you made my day. Thanks for the unexpected feedback on Ice Thistle! (Even down to your army compositions; I love reading that stuff.)

I'm really glad to hear that the entire board saw action. Astrid and Gerda are powerful draws, no doubt.

Your Dad must be thrilled that you play too. I trust you show him no mercy?
Glad to have made your day.

Quote:
I trust you show him no mercy?
Correct...

Defiantly looking forward to playing Stygian Rift later today!

~JS
Old October 15th, 2012, 02:17 AM

Re: Typhon2222's Maps — added GoogleDoc template (10/15)

To make it easier to play Stygian Rift online, I've made a complete GoogleDoc board for it. It comes pre-loaded with the main top-down map image with elevations, a smaller 3D reference image, and boxes on the sides for each player to keep track of Wounds and hold Casualties.

To make your own editable/playable copy of the board, just click on the link above, and select "Make a copy..." from the Edit menu. Good to go!

Here's a thumbnail preview of how the GoogleDoc board looks:

Last edited by Typhon2222; October 15th, 2012 at 12:28 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios