Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old April 4th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

I was hoping this would be the faction previewed this week, and man am I glad it was. I too think they will become a personal favourite. Very exciting. Would love to read some fluff on their storyline/history.
Old April 5th, 2011, 12:30 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah the Mountain Vargath are tons of fun to play. Love those guys.
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Plaid Hat Podcast

Hey everybody. We've started doing a podcast. We are going to try to keep it up weekly. Shows last 15-20 minutes. You can check it out at: http://www.plaidhatgames.com/podcast.html
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:28 AM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Plaid Hat Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
Hey everybody. We've started doing a podcast. We are going to try to keep it up weekly. Shows last 15-20 minutes. You can check it out at: http://www.plaidhatgames.com/podcast.html
Awesome!

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old April 11th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Krusk

Silts

Biter

Kreep

Javelineer

Shaman

Scavenger

BGG Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/966394/summoner-wars
Old April 11th, 2011, 12:35 PM

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Wow, very cool stuff. Very powerful range here too...1 costers with two life, and one costers with 2 attack.

Pretty powerful stuff. The champions are nice and cheap, but have their drawbacks. Just looking at it, I'll enjoy playing this faction, but it won't be one of my favorites probably. The event cards for this group could be pretty interesting though. Hmm...neat preview all around.

in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old April 11th, 2011, 12:56 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Very strange set of abilities on these guys. I think I need to see the events to come to any conclusions about this faction. They appear to be very different from the Cave Goblins.
Old April 11th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Silts is awesome, You can attack with a common/hero and if the figure is still alive, just switch places and attack with him as well.

Biter is brutal as well. Cheap and tough, he is perfect for tearing through commons/heroes both. However, a smart player can tie him down so he'd be best on defense.

Kreep is interesting - a powerful hero, cheap, but risky to use against high life commons or heroes. However, he would be great to use with Silts.

Shaman rock. Hard hitting but fragile, but they can escape melee at a cost.

Scavengers are interesting - would like to see the event cards to judge these guys better.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old April 11th, 2011, 12:57 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I'm thinking Sandstorm is going to be more beneficial moving your Units than it is moving your opponents'. I also like that you can choose a mix of your Units and your opponent's Units to move.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 11th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I'm thinking Sandstorm is going to be more beneficial moving your Units than it is moving your opponents'. I also like that you can choose a mix of your Units and your opponent's Units to move.
Actually Sandstorm rocks for keeping melee commons and heroes from your Summoner.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old April 11th, 2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Actually Sandstorm rocks for keeping melee commons and heroes from your Summoner.
I'd agree, although frankly that 2 magic cost is going to be frustrating. You can't afford to do it often I don't think. Plus, since it is after your movement phase, I just don't see me wanting to do it much. Then again, the 3 Duck and Cover events that they have may very well modify his ability so it is free, or who knows.

Also, unless I'm wrong, is there any reason he can't move himself? I mean I don't think I'd want to do that often, but maybe the one extra move is really beneficial? I'm not sure, but could be interesting if he can.

EDIT: Also, I'm thinking I'm going to want more than 5 Shamans in my deck for these guys, but I'm not buying two sets. Ah well. 7 Scavengers right now doesn't look as exciting, but maybe there's some events we don't know about...right now we'll have to wait and see.

in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old April 11th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Seems like a cool power that can come in handy in the right situations. As mentioned, it can scare off melee units from this guy kind of like with the Orcs and the power to wound opponents adjacent to your Wall, it makes you think twice about getting near their wall.

You can use Sandstorm if you maybe have only one wall out there and it's surrounded on all sides by figures but you want to be able to Summon, so you may want to use Sandstorm to clear some spaces adjacent to your wall for your next turn of summoning.

Maybe there will be a friendly unit that benefits from having wounds, so not only could you move that unit one space but perhaps beef him up with a wound.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games