Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 11th, 2009, 05:51 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape Power Rankings

DW9k special looks pretty good on paper. However, it is just one single attack, hard to get multiple targets and 3 attack dice can be sometimes be very underwhelming. Q9 special is far more versitile and reliable and easier to use.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 04:34 AM

donjake Woo who?

its good to see the arborn elites getting credit for once
i think the Drake alexanders should have scored better
i think Spatacus deserves a higher rank
Old August 2nd, 2009, 05:29 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjake View Post
Seems like you are a new poster, perhaps you might want to give some detailed reasoning to your suggestions? Be interesting to hear why you think they are ranked too low.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old August 4th, 2009, 07:47 AM

donjake Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjake View Post
Seems like you are a new poster, perhaps you might want to give some detailed reasoning to your suggestions? Be interesting to hear why you think they are ranked too low.
fine i think the elites deserve to be were there are because even through they easy to kill they can almost always have the hight advantage and that can mean 4(5) die per figure.

Drake should score higher beacause 5 wounds last a while and 6 attacks is nothing to forget about the only problem is the 3 defence.

Spartacus the only real problem is 200 points.

Last edited by donjake; August 9th, 2009 at 07:11 AM.
Old March 13th, 2010, 12:30 AM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

The most overated figures on the current list are Theracus, Sacred Band, and Concan.

Concan is closer to a C- and I do not know if I have seen any tournament reports with any amount of people where the winner or close of a standard tournament had Theracus or the SB. Let's compare these units to some A- Units such as Nilfheim, AE, Braxas, Grimnak, and Q10. Even mentioning Concan in the same sentence as these units competitively is an insult, much less having the same rating. With Theracus and the SB at B+ it is basically saying that these units that never have tournament success are almost as viable as the A- units that tournament winning armies are centered around.
Old March 13th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Concan's there because of him with Mass. 4/4, flying, 5 move, 5 life is a great cleanup fig for the Mass, plus he's only 80 points compared to other valiant heroes. The Sentinels are the same way. Sure, they have other purposes (ironically with Concan) but the main reason they're B+ is because they're valiant and solid, which makes a good combo with the Mass. I don't want to argue specific armies, but it's worth mentioning Concan/Mass x6 and Sentinels x2/Mass x4 are popular 500pt. Mass builds (each with strong results).

Last edited by Cleon; March 14th, 2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old March 13th, 2010, 05:36 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Concan's there because of him with Mass. 4/4, flying, 5 move, 5 life is a great cleanup fig for the Mass, plus he's only 80 points compared to other valiant heroes. The Sentinels are the same way. Sure, they have other purposes (ironically with Concan) but the main reason they're B+ is because there valiant and solid, which makes a good combo with the Mass. I don't want to argue specific armies, but it's worth mentioning Concan/Mass x6 and Sentinels x2/Mass x4 are popular 500pt. Mass builds (each with strong results).
Not sure why you are talking about Sentinels since I think their ranking is fine. Also I am glad you agree about Theracus and the SB.

As others have said, Concan is not even close to A- even in a 4th Mass army. Look at Raelin vs Concan in a 4th Mass army. Their cost is the same, so compare their stats. Concan has +1 attack and +1 defense whereas Raelin has 1+ Movement and makes the entire army's Defense 4 instead of 3 which is very important. In heroscape raising up to 4 Defense is very, very important. There is almost no matchup where Concan is the best choice with the 4th Mass.
Old March 13th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
The most overated figures on the current list are Theracus, Sacred Band, and Concan.

Concan is closer to a C- and I do not know if I have seen any tournament reports with any amount of people where the winner or close of a standard tournament had Theracus or the SB. Let's compare these units to some A- Units such as Nilfheim, AE, Braxas, Grimnak, and Q10. Even mentioning Concan in the same sentence as these units competitively is an insult, much less having the same rating. With Theracus and the SB at B+ it is basically saying that these units that never have tournament success are almost as viable as the A- units that tournament winning armies are centered around.
Theracus is there because you have a great unit for 40 points. He's not there to attack. Want to grab a glpyh on the first turn on some maps and move a major hero forward? He's your horse.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old September 10th, 2010, 08:51 PM

PsychoticPanda Woo who?
Re: Heroscape Power Rankings (GenCon 2010 Response)

Really? Ne-Gok-Sa A B+? For me he always gets his kill's, I'd give him a A at the least.
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoticPanda View Post
Really? Ne-Gok-Sa A B+? For me he always gets his kill's, I'd give him a A at the least.
What NGS does, nobody does better and he can be part of some extremely powerful Roman Legion armies. Unfortunately, he's probably third on my list for Warlords to accompany the Legos after Marcus and Mogrimm. Any other tournament-quality army he's in won't have as much synergy with him, reducing his effectiveness out of the A-range.

~Aldin, who has never been disappointed by NGS

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoticPanda View Post
What NGS does, nobody does better and he can be part of some extremely powerful Roman Legion armies. Unfortunately, he's probably third on my list for Warlords to accompany the Legos after Marcus and Mogrimm.
Don't forget Me Burq Sa! Mmm, Me Burq Sa. I'm a big fan, he often fits in as a filler unit.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 5th, 2011, 06:18 PM

Lucky is surprisingly tart
Re: Heroscape Power Rankings (D2 and D3 discussed)

Thats pretty cool you went through the trouble to make this list. I have to disagree on some characters though. I don't see how Eltahale made it in B+ and Master of the hunt didn't come in until C+. I can't see what the list is based off of. It seems like the list might have been made before everyone understood exactly how to play with them or hey what if you did; I guess everyone is entitled to there own opinions. I can't see the fact that supports the list though. I see a few players in the lower grade lists that are better than the ones in the higher lists.

He is not just a devastating opponent, he is the bait; hence the name Master of the Hunt.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion