Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old February 5th, 2013, 02:48 AM

RafflesiaBloom knows what's in an order marker RafflesiaBloom knows what's in an order marker
Foray Into Customs

I was feeling like painting tonight, so I figured why not paint my Wolves of Badru? I'm a total animal geek, so the solid brown bothered me a little bit.

Spoiler Alert!

Posting this pic, I see I need to touch up the face on the left. At one point, I dropped my paintbrush and knew it hit something...but I didn't see what at the time.

Spoiler Alert!

I have another wolf pack that I think I'll paint soon, but I'm thinking a pale color.

Let me know what you think!

sig.png
Dainty Flower
Old February 5th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Foray Into Customs

Looks great! The one suggestion I would make is that it would really "pop" if you hit it with a quick wash (really thinned black paint, which'll sink into the recesses and give you deeper shadows) and a light drybrush (unthinned paint on the tip of your brush, wipe almost all of it off, and just run it lightly over your minis, to give just a bit of a highlight to the raised portions). Wash should be the darkest color you use, drybrush the lightest. These just give your figures more contrast, as they can look a little flat without them.

Good color-blocking though!
Old February 5th, 2013, 04:24 AM

RafflesiaBloom knows what's in an order marker RafflesiaBloom knows what's in an order marker

Okay, I gave it a whirl.

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Too dark? I kinda like it, but I might touch up the light areas again.

sig.png
Dainty Flower
Old February 5th, 2013, 05:00 AM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker

Nice, really like the look of those.
Old February 24th, 2013, 10:30 PM

I took out my figures to play the other day, and realized I had painted on my Braxas at some point. *scratches head* I fixed it up a little, and I think she looks pretty good. The semi-metallic paint highlights the texture in her wings.

Spoiler Alert!

sig.png
Dainty Flower
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:32 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Nice work--very natural!
Old August 7th, 2013, 12:51 AM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice Braxas!

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old August 7th, 2013, 01:13 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Very nice work

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions