Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 19th, 2010, 02:59 PM

Adamaro23 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Height Advantage?

Hey everyone, Adamaro23 here, first post . And I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to about Height Advantage and how it interacts with Special Attacks.

I'm fairly new to the game (since April this year), and I started by getting a set of terrain tiles off eBay (consisted of 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 RttFF, and some excess tiles). Then I picked up D&D master set to see if I actually like the miniatures game itself (I initially got tiles because I planned on using them for my D&D game I run). And I fell in love with Heroscape.

So for the last 7 months I've been going by the rules presented in Master Set 3, as they are the newest (as for as I know). In these rules it has absolutely no mention that you do not receive the additional 1 (or 2) attack dice when attacking with a Special Attack with Height Advantage. And that's how we've been playing.

Now, after playing for over half a year, I'm trying to get a group started at my local gaming shop, and I've been searching online to make sure I got my rules straight. And after watching some tutorial vids, they all make sure to mention you ABSOLUTELY DO NOT get the extra attack dice on Special Attacks. Even the official FAQ, but it's also from 1008 before Master Set 3 was released.

So has the new rules update in Master Set 3 made it so you do get the extra attack die on Special Attacks? Or is it that they forgot to mention a very important rule?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's