Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 25th, 2016, 06:46 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Black Bat - Public Playtesting

zeekthefreak already got back to me, but he didn't follow our playtesting rules at all. I let him know about our rules and standards and gave him a bunch of links, so we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekthefreak
okay so we played a 400 point battle,
my team: kravs, syvarris, and black bat.
brothers team: dw 9000, air borne, agent carr, and tarns.

He won initiative and failed the drop. Sent out agent carr, I then moved syvarris and inflicted 1 wound. He moved the tarns and rolled sucessfully twice (lucky) he inflicted 3 wounds I then took anoter turn with syvarris but he only killed one. They went and mowed syvarris down. I then moved black bat in the middle of them and killed them all with fists of fury. He got initiative and dropped he killed a krav and I returned by killing one. He moved agent carr and swung with 7 attack which bat managed to block. Bat then got height on carr and killed him in one round. He then took revenge by engaging the rest of the kravs and killing them. I moved bat and failed to trash dw 9000. Next round I lose initiative again Dw shot at me and I blocked. Next I attacked and failed. My opponent then moved the airborne who were out of range. I attacked twice more and finally killed dw 9000. My brother fired at me and I dogde. I moved in for the kill he inflicted two wounds but one failed and I counter striked. I then walked in between them and killed them.

winner me
survivors black bat, 1-2 lives
Yes/No: yes
thanks for letting me playtest, it was a fun experience.
Zeek

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old July 14th, 2016, 10:25 AM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Orang's tests. A little bit concerning, but I don't really want to bump her points like Orang suggested. Maybe we should consider switching to Furious Assault and 4 attack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang
Here's test one! I'm thinking about going for a Martian Manhunter II build vs the X-Men for the next one.

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Black Bat

Army Test 1
Map: Island Plane Crash (no glyphs)
Armies:
Black Bat, Batman (vI), Robin (Tim Drake), Huntress, Alfred Pennyworth (800 points)
vs.
2x Street Thugs, The Hood, Black Mask, Tombstone, Doctor Octopus (805 points)
Spoiler Alert!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang
And here's the rest!

- Theme Test -Inconclusive, seeing as I don’t know the character, but nothing felt wrong and it felt like an older version of her Batgirl design, so I'd say it was probably a pass.
- Mirror Test - Pass
- Bonding Test - Pass - Vigilante synergies are no issue.
- Synergies Test - Pass - See above
- Power Check - Tentative Pass - She's certainly pretty damn powerful at times. Though you may get lucky and kill her quickly, if luck's on her side she really is a force to be reckoned with! I'd be inclined to up her points by 10 (which would also help with my concerns that she overshadows Black Canary a bit). Power implication check, though - do oyu want her to be able to use Fists of Fury when throwing her Bat Shurikens? It's no big deal, very unlikely to happen and requires some form of attack boost to even have a chance and an easy fix to Fists of Fury's wording if you don't, but I thought it should be mentioned.
- Fun Test - Definite Pass! I loved Defensive Premonition on her Batgirl variation, and it's great to see it on a stronger figure, and added to that, Fists of Fury is also lots of fun, and Utility Belt adds an element of choice and adaptability at the start of the game, even if only a slight one. She may be my favourite Vigilante right now - I had a blast playing her.
- Fun Competitive Test - Pass - Unless all the luck really is with her, but you can say that about most figures. Neither game was a walk-over, even though she seemed to be performing at some of her best, so that should tell you something.
- Drafting Test - Pass - Definitely, she's strong, fun and has great synergies.
- Usage Test - Pass - All powers were useful at times, though I feel like the Bat Shurikens in Test Two were a mistake - she’d have been better off with Smoke Pellets, I’m fairly sure.
- Strategy Test - Pass - Her powers play in a very interesting way, and thinking how to counter her to get past Defensive Premonition, how to make the most out of that and Fists of Fury when playing her adds a great deal of strategy to the game - and let’s not forget the choice of what Utility Glyph to take with her.

Army Test 2
Map: Invasion (No Glyphs)
Armies;
Black Bat, Martian Manhunter (vII), Starman (Jack Knight), Hawkgirl (1,005 points)
vs.
Professor X, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Beast, Angel (1,000 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts On The Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, & Draftibility:

Honestly, most of what I said is at the top - I really, really like her, and found her to be insane amounts of fun to play. I wouldn’t really want her changed other than, most likely, a small points bump.

Old July 14th, 2016, 12:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I take it you don't think she should cost more than Black Canary.
Old July 14th, 2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I take it you don't think she should cost more than Black Canary.
Exactly. She should be good, but she's not stronger than Black Canary and not quite on Batman's level. 180 points would be ideal in my opinion.

Old July 14th, 2016, 04:15 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah the problem is that if she really is too high there nothing really to cut. DP9 shouldn't get adjusted since DP9 is where she is at on Batgirl. Everything else is on par with Batgirl with the exception of 1 additional attack but an attack of 4 would mean Fist of Fury would rarely get used.

How'd she feel when you played her. Don't want to overreact if it's just one play tester. She may have just had a good run with her. The good news is LO seems to have loved playing her.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 14th, 2016, 07:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

What if Fist of Fury was renamed and adjusted slightly downward. Roll 4 att. dice instead of 5, keep attacking if 2 or more skulls are rolled instead of 3.
Old July 14th, 2016, 09:40 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't see anything super concerning yet. Couple of decent wins and solid performances, neither of the armies she faced were powerhouses. I'd be fine with Furious Assault and 4 Attack though, to keep her cost from going too high.

Quote:
What if Fist of Fury was renamed and adjusted slightly downward. Roll 4 att. dice instead of 5, keep attacking if 2 or more skulls are rolled instead of 3.
It has been.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old July 15th, 2016, 10:48 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
It has been.
Well then...problem solved. I should have known that since he is in more than a few of our games...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 15th, 2016, 12:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
I don't see anything super concerning yet. Couple of decent wins and solid performances, neither of the armies she faced were powerhouses. I'd be fine with Furious Assault and 4 Attack though, to keep her cost from going too high.

Quote:
It has been.
lol. Glad to know we are all talking about the same thing here. The power name Furious Assault didn't ring a bell for me. Seems like a good solution then. I'd say have the next tester run tests that way then so we can figure out what her price would be with that change.
Old July 15th, 2016, 09:38 AM

Based on mine and Orang's games I do worry she'll land at 200, so I'm leaning towards switching to 4 attack, Furious Assault, and dropping her points to 180 just to play things on the safe side.

Old July 15th, 2016, 10:00 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd be in favor of the drop here. She already felt like she was pushing on the ceiling of thematic powerlevel, so I think we should be sensitive to results in that direction.
Old July 15th, 2016, 01:59 PM

Alright, I decided to make the change. SP updated, and I'll contact the remaining playtesters that are signed-up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library