Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 29th, 2008, 09:51 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
KC's Tourney Reports - NEW 11/12/22 Q10/Venocs/Wyrmlings!

I'm gonna start putting all of my tourney reports in one thread from now on. Here's my latest in Youngstown, Ohio. The tourney was 540 points with 28 starting zone spaces. I went 4-1, taking 5th place with:

Finn - 80
Thorgrim - 80
Eldgrim - 30
Krav - 100
Theracus - 40
Knights of Weston x3 - 210

Total = 540

The army was designed to rush Finn and Theracus (the FaT Bomb) out early, to take the spotlight and try to hurt their biggest piece. While they were drawing attention, the Knights would be getting a head start. All the viking spirits go onto the Agents, who play cleanup.

Round 1 - Jeret (Q9, Raelin, Stingers x3, Venocs x2, Isamu, Otonashi on Ice Blossom)

I started with Eldgrim taking the Initiative glyph, and he brought out Raelin with the Venocs. Raelin actually kept the snakes alive for a while, and they killed a couple knights. The FaT Bomb flew into his starting zone and killed a few Stingers and put a wound on Q9. Once the Knights overtook the snakes, they killed Raelin and started advancing on the Stingers in the starting zone. The plan worked well, and the KoW had a head start. I broke through the Stingers and got to Q9. The Krav never moved.

Win, 1-0, 320 points

Round 2 - Brad (Nilfheim, Cyprien, Sonya, 10th Foot x2, Isamu on Mole Hills, Jungle Edition)

For some reason, I usually roll amazing dice against Brad. This game would be no different. Eldgrim claimed the Common Attack glyph, but the 10th Foot took care of him quickly. Then, the FaT Bomb came charging out, and starting duking it out with Nilfheim. Nilf badly wounded Finn, but Theracus got an attack from high ground and Finn's bonus - and rolled 5 skulls. Then, after Finn died, Theracus rolled 4 more skulls. Dead dragon. Then, the 10th killed Theracus and started mowing down Knights. I retreated, hoping to bait out Cyprien. He came out, and I used the Finn-Boosted Krav. I got three shots from high ground and dealt 4 wounds to Cyprien, after he failed to kill a Knight. Cyprien tried again to eat some Knights, but again failed on both his touch and attack. The Krav took him down, and cleaned up the soldiers and ninja.

Win, 2-0, 542 points total

Round 3 - Heath (Major Q9, Major Q10, Kelda, Marro Warriors, Rats x2 on Arctic Divide I think)

The FaT Bomb again did its job. They charged down to the starting zone, over the Rats, and attacked Q10. Theracus did 3 wounds to Q10 in the first round, but Kelda won initiative and healed 2 of them. However, Finn rolled three skulls and, even though Q10 had a Defense glyph, he couldn't roll a shield. From there, it was a slow process of Knights cutting through Rats and finally getting to the Marro (however again, the dice were really on my side). When Q9 came out, I sent in the boosted Krav. A bunch of attacks of 5 from height, plus an initiative switch so Kelda couldn't get in a heal, and Q9 was dead. The Krav mopped up Kelda and it was over.

Win, 3-0, 714 total points

Round 4 - greenless (Nilfheim, 10th Foot x3, Kaemon Awa, Isamu on Fire Isles)

Another great dice game for me. The FaT Bomb did great again - putting 5 wounds on Nilfheim before both Theracus and Finn were dead. The knights charged forward, and duked it out with the Brits, until most of them were gone. When Kaemon came out, I deployed the Krav, and fired from high ground with Finn's boost. Kaemon went down quickly, and the agents again cleaned up the soldiers and ninja.

Win, 4-0, 906 total points

At this point, I was the only undefeated player, but I didn't have a lot of points. My army was good, but I was basically sacrificing 150 points at the beginning of the game everytime. I knew I had to win the last round to have a shot, because there were a lot of 3-1 players with many more points than me.

Round 5 - Josh (Braxas, 10th Foot x3, Raelin, Dumutef on Fire Lake)

I sent out the FaT Bomb to try and hurt Braxas. They managed only two wounds, as my dice were starting to even out from the great rolling I had the first four games. He started with Raelin and the 10th, and I realized too late that Raelin should've been a bigger priority for me. My knights were getting mowed down, Thorgrim was gassed by Braxas, so I brought out the Agents. My first one whiffed from height, and the other two only managed 3 wounds on a Raelin-protected Braxas before they were also gassed. I managed 5 wounds on Braxas and 2 dead Brits. Had I used the FaT Bomb to try and get rid of Raelin, I might have been able to kill Braxas quicker. But, the map was tough for me, and my dice really let me down this game. I can't whine though, because they were amazing earlier.

Loss, 4-1, 1073 points for a 5th Place Finish.

the first place finisher (Josh) had over 1600 total points. My low point total cost me at least 3 places, but I wanted to get a dice tower today, and I succeeded there. Thanks to everyone for coming down and making my first tournament a great success! And congrats to Josh on the win!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; November 12th, 2022 at 09:40 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports