Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old November 12th, 2014, 08:43 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Surely everyone by now has read spider_poison's and Jexik's Classic Power Rankings, and if you haven't, you're missing out (so get over there and read it).

Now just copying from dok and his C3V Power Rankings thread (check that whole project out too if you haven't, but continue reading this first )...

These rankings are maintained by me (and Heroscaper2010) and do not reflect the consensus views of the HoSS project. That said, I will be attempting to maintain and update these rankings based on feedback and, especially, tournament results.

Warm colors describe units on which you will place the majority of your order markers.
Cool colors describe units that are good even when they don't take many turns.
Purple describes units somewhere in between.
Black units fill niche roles in armies.

Note: + means Uncommon/Common hero and * means Common squad.

A+

(note that there is nothing here so far, I think that is a good sign as it seems that A+ units tend to be overpowered... or loathed... or both.)

A

Darth Vader (220)
Stormtroopers (80)*

A-

AT-ST (200)+
Boba Fett (170)
Han Solo (120)
Imperial Officer (85)+

B+

4-LOM (105)
Bossk (130)
C-3PO (10)
Cloud Car Pilots (125)*
Greedo (30)
Jawas (35)*
Luke Skywalker (90)
Rebel Captain (65)+
Wampa (110)+

B

A-Zulmun (170)
Bespin Guards (70)*
Dengar (110)
Chewbacca (120)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (150)
Princess Leia Organa (100)
Rebel Heavy Gunner (65)+
Rebel Troopers (55)*
Tusken Raiders (50)*

B-

Death Star Troopers (60)*
E-Web Trooper (100)+
Major Derlin (100)
R2-D2 (30)

C+

Atgar Cannon (50)+
FX-7 (35)+
General Veers (100)
Grand Moff Tarkin (160)
Probe Droid (25)+
Snowtroopers (70)*

C

2-1B (50)
Rebel Snow Troopers (70)*

2-1B: While a nice healer unit, his restriction to Rebels only and his inability to do anything offensively lowers his usefulness. C

4-LOM: 4-LOM fits well within the ranks of the Bounty Hunters. Besides, Boba Fett himself is strong. Boba Fett with a bonding figure is even stronger. B+

AT-ST: Like Vader, the AT-ST’s value will fluctuate due to the sized match it is in, but the ability to smash through squads and most heroes with ease puts it near the top. A-

A-Zulmun: A-Zulmun provides support to an already strong faction, but if his men only truly work best on sand maps, he can only truly work best on sand maps. B

Atgar Cannon: While it has a strong attack, the inability to move means it will likely always be stuck without any height, meaning map coverage will be hard to gain. C+

Bespin Guards: While at a higher cost than the Rebel Troopers, the Bespin Guards have the same stats and receive their defensive bonus with greater ease, but they do pay (or more accurately, take pay) when there's no Administrator watching them. B

Boba Fett: Fett can do a lot of damage, but he's not quite at Vader's level. A-

Bossk: 7-life makes Brutal Claws an easy go-to for the first few attacks against a heavy-hitter. Gotta love those incrementally reverse stats, too! B+

C-3PO: At 10 points, this glyph of Dagmar only works when in an army with numerous species. B+

Chewbacca: With both a strong melee and ranged SA, not to mention a bonus against squads, Chewbacca is made for dealing damage. Just make sure he soaks up some wounds before saving the life of a fellow Hero. B

Cloud Car Pilots: The first Unique Squad of HoSS is a nice one as the Cloud Car Pilots fit into any army. B+

Darth Vader: Vader's point cost means you have to be careful what sized army you use him in, but considering he is great against anything that is not a Droid or Undead, he’s usually worth the cost. A

Darth Vader (II): This Vader is more offensively and defensively well-rounded than the former version, which somehow makes him even more threatening. Still have to be careful about what sized army you put him in, but more than likely he'll be earning his points back quickly. A

Death Star Troopers: These guys serve a semi-niche roll and like all terrain based units, they suffer when they are not on the optimum map. Add that to the fact that they cost the same per figure as the Stormtroopers, and they will easily fall behind their white armored comrades. B-

Dengar: A nice 110pt add-on option for any team looking to shoot down an opposing cheerleader. Dengar's also not bad in hand-to-hand combat either. B

E-Web Trooper: In an Imperial army or with plenty of human squad units around, the E-Web can be a good support figure. He can provide a nice range of death, until his position gets overrun. B-

FX-7: Being able to place these any round you want is great! Now we just need those Power Droids and we can reenact Battlefront...

General Veers: He is useful for niche purposes in armies with vehicles, destroying Destructible Objects or Huge enemies, or as an OM holder in large-point Imperial armies. However in most builds there are others that would be a better choice. C+

Grand Moff Tarkin: A strong General leader, Tarkin works great in a high-point army to win initiative and give his soldiers a push forward, but in lower-point armies he is too expensive to justify his use, especially when he boost your opponent's d20. C+

Greedo: Not an overly strong hero, Greedo excels in assassination by pinpointing one unit of the opponent to gain a bonus against. While his stats aren’t great and his Incompetence can hurt, at 30 points he serves as a good filler unit for an army. B+

Han Solo: The fact that he can squeeze out of any engagement situation without taking a wound while delivering severe blows to your opponents pity squads makes Han a force to be reckoned with, just ask the Imperial Stormtroopers. A-

Imperial Officer: Sitting one of these in the back of your SZ can almost guarantee that your opponent will be yelling, "Luke, we're gonna have company!" more than once every game. A-

Jawas: While not quite as good as their Classic counterpart (Deathreavers) at clogging up choke points, these little guys can restrain your opponents Droid Heroes and turn them on your side. B+

Luke Skywalker: A solid, ranged option for Obi-Wan's mentorship or for keeping your heavy hitters alive longer, and even with his low stats you're almost guaranteed consistency on both offense and defense with his Force Intuition. B+

Major Derlin: While his bonding with Rebel Gunners can come in handy, Counterintelligence won’t happen often enough to make Derlin overly useful. B-

Obi-Wan Kenobi: While he is weaker than Vader, he can be a good counter to the Dark Lord and other solid heroes. He can also be an annoyance when around enemy squads and his bonding with Force Sensitives can come in handy with Luke and Leia. B

Princess Leia Organa: With a handy boost to the Rebel troops and the abilities and stats to not only defend herself but do damage to the enemy, Leia is definitely an useful addition to any Rebel army. B+

Probe Droid: These scouts can come in handy by removing any terrain advantages and by serving as explosive kamikazes, but at the moment there are not many units with terrain advantages to be nullified. C+

R2-D2: While his shock can come in handy against Droids, his real usefulness is in benefiting others via Resourcefulness. He also works best when paired with C-3PO, being able to repair the Droid and keep him moving without any OMs on either of them. B-

Rebel Captain: The Rebel Captain brings the Rebel Troopers up to par with their Imperial foes by allowing them increased attacks or moves per turn and the ability to regain the Hold Steady marker after moving. B+

Rebel Heavy Gunner: With the possibility of 4 attacks in a single turn, these Gunners can be devastating if positioned right, and are made even better with Major Derlin in the fray. B

Rebel Snow Troopers: More expensive per figure than the Rebel Troopers, they can do quite well on snow maps but are too high of a price tag compared to their counterparts to be worth it on other maps, though the Rebel Captain does increase their worth. C

Rebel Troopers: A reliable, yet cheap squad unit, these Troopers can be greatly improved by drafting the Rebel Captain and Leia to go along with them. B

Snowtroopers: Though more expensive per figure than the regular Stormtroopers, they can still take on most squads. C+

Stormtroopers: These generic soldiers of the Empire have thrown a wrench into Squadscape. And with 4 attacks of 1 (or 2 with height), they can eventually break through against low-defense Heroes. A

Tusken Raiders: The Raiders more consistent 6 offensive figures comes at a cost of possibly no offense compared to their Classic counterpart, the Marro Drones. However, they more than make up for it when they can Ambush their opponent on Sand maps. B

Wampa: Despite being geared towards snow maps, the Wampa can do a lot of damage on any map, with a massive attack of 8 in the right circumstance and 5 life and 4 defense for survivability, this is a solid Hero for any army. B+

Last edited by Fi Skirata; November 30th, 2015 at 01:38 PM.
Old November 12th, 2014, 08:45 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: HoSS Power Rankings

HoSS Power Rankings are now open for discussion! This is what we had sitting in the Sanctum for awhile, so I decided it's time to move it out here (even though we have just about a week until those Bounty Hunter get here!).

These were done after the HoSS Online - Season 1 so they should reflect the units fairly well.
Old November 12th, 2014, 11:34 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Yay bounty hunters!!! Also, reading this reminded me of the HoSS online tournament, amd how fun it was. And how close I was to winning it all.... But I'm not bitter, it's ok. I'm really looking forward to the bounty hunter release
Old November 12th, 2014, 11:36 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTankster View Post
Yay bounty hunters!!! Also, reading this reminded me of the HoSS online tournament, amd how fun it was. And how close I was to winning it all.... But I'm not bitter, it's ok. I'm really looking forward to the bounty hunter release

Speaking of which, is there a plan for a season 2?
These power rankings are neat.
Old November 13th, 2014, 10:06 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
Quote:

There is! I'm waiting for the Bounty Hunters and then I'll post the next season.

Be ready to make 2-3 armies and pick 1-2 maps you'd like for us to use (that aren't HoSS maps).

I think Season 2 will be a lot of fun.
Old November 13th, 2014, 10:56 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
Quote:

There is! I'm waiting for the Bounty Hunters and then I'll post the next season.

Be ready to make 2-3 armies and pick 1-2 maps you'd like for us to use (that aren't HoSS maps).

I think Season 2 will be a lot of fun.
Cool beans.
Old November 17th, 2014, 12:35 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Imperial Officer: Sitting one of these in the back of your SZ can almost guarantee that your opponent will be yelling, "Luke, we're gonna have company!" more than once every game. A-

Don't know why, but this made me laugh pretty hard. Well done on the list, very helpful overview for someone who hasn't had the opportunity to get to play with them, and is looking into it. I personally have had the pleasure of getting to play a game here or there with most of all of them. I usually play star wars figures against my brothers classic scape figures.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 29th, 2015, 07:50 PM

Freezinpee knows what's in an order marker Freezinpee knows what's in an order marker

Give this a bump

I really enjoy this thread and find each blurb for each unit and squad is fun to read. I look forward to all future entries!
Old May 29th, 2015, 09:25 PM

I'm really surprised C-3PO is only a B+. I thought for sure he'd be A or A+.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old May 30th, 2015, 12:26 PM

Freezinpee knows what's in an order marker Freezinpee knows what's in an order marker

I think the negative ability for losing all your heroes and having to diversify your army brings down his usefulness a bit. Imo
Old May 30th, 2015, 12:33 PM

Even with only 2 or 3 different species I think he's an A for only 10 points.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old May 30th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Since HoSS is not separate from the classic stuff you have to look at other figures that would compete with 3PO for those ten points which of course means Isamu. While winning initiative can be good when the time comes for one of those inevitable initiative switches because you rolled a 1 and your opponent got a 20 can be devastating because you were expecting to win initiative and now your plans are completely destroyed. Isamu on the other head poses no real negatives for picking be it a negative power or a lulled false sense of security.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape