Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old November 3rd, 2010, 05:49 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Another Company

Is there any possibility of another company picking up Heroscape? This may be just wishful thinking, but it's possible. And what ever happened to "great things coming in 2011" and WotC saying they were going to reprint Wave 4? I am overly saddened by all this.

Heroscape is back! WOOOOO!

Last edited by Tmac2200; November 3rd, 2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 05:52 PM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker
Re: Another Compony

Hasbro could hear our Plight. Maybe they can help us.

Bro-man is a Minion of Utgar...
in the
The Cave of Christmas Celebration...
Old November 3rd, 2010, 05:54 PM

Ecthelion is surprisingly tart
Re: Another Compony

Company*

Ecthelion
Old November 3rd, 2010, 06:28 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Another Company

PlaidHat Games maybe Actually I was thinking if a game company invented a new game with Hex Grid (preferably 3-d but 2-d would work) and new miniatures on the same or similar scale, that they could have a built in fanbase of Heroscapers who who would buy their game both to user heroscape terrain and figs with the new game rules and use the new minis with heroscape rules. As long as the mechanics are different WotC could not sue just because the figs are the same scale and it uses hex system even if 3-d (it would not be able to interlock with Heroscape due to patent though).

I could see GamesWorkshop even coming out with Warhammer Hexed or WizKids coming out with a hex-based rulesystem for Clix and people would buy it even if it was more complicated that Heroscape as long as it got rid of using a ruler and protractor. Or making a StarCraft/WarCraft/Diablo or other miniature based on a video-game.

Any-hew, I doubt WotC will outright sell the rights to make more Heroscape, especially since the integration of DnD.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 06:35 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm just glad this part of Heroscape is over. I look forward to it being picked back up by Hasbro or another company.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 06:42 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Reading the front page blog was like reading an obituary. I wanted to cry. He made it sound like this is the end. If he had any knowledge at all of someone picking up the license, he probably would have shared it with us. I really hope it gets picked up by someone. If Wizards wasn't a joke of a company already, they certainly are now. If I suddenly come into a ton of cash, (if my treasure hunt works out I just might) I'll provide the capital to put an offer in for the license. If someone did pick it up, I doubt they would be able to handle it much worse than Wizards.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old November 3rd, 2010, 07:11 PM

Boottrap has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
If someone did pick it up, I doubt they would be able to handle it much worse than Wizards.
Careful...they just might prove you wrong...
Old November 3rd, 2010, 07:23 PM

AgentDex Woo who?

Maybe this is all just a clever ruse, to make people grateful for another recycled D&D figure line. Then we will have D&Dscape part 2 with higher prices.

Crazy speculation aside I doubt this will be the end.
Someone at Hasbro or WotC will miss taking our money.

It's nice to know I am not the only adult addicted to buying and playing with plastic miniatures.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 08:00 PM

DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker

I highly doubt they will be selling the rights to anyone.
The Build and Battle System is too versatile to just throw out the window, even if paid some money.
I fear there is a better chance they will convert D&D to work on hexes, when next they update the system.
But we'll see. It is only day one, nothing is determined yet.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:23 PM

ljuneau is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBC View Post
I highly doubt they will be selling the rights to anyone.
The Build and Battle System is too versatile to just throw out the window, even if paid some money.
I fear there is a better chance they will convert D&D to work on hexes, when next they update the system.
But we'll see. It is only day one, nothing is determined yet.
Well putting the B&B System on a shelf to collect dust makes no sense either. I think the D&D Heroscape was the experiment to see if D&D could be converted, but obviously it wasn't lucrative.

I'm sure the rights to Heroscape could be obtained from WOTC - probably without the D&D waves. Which I'm sure would be fine with everyone here.

I'd be willing to invest in a venture, with a notable number of others, to purchase the rights and start the development of new waves. There are many bright minds here to create the wave concepts and the units can be produced in China for pennies. It's just the molds that would be the big expense.

Better yet, would love to see another established game company do it instead.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:34 PM

zing103 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
PlaidHat Games maybe
seriously? isn't that truths company? i'm not that active, and quite new, but thats what i gathered.....
Old November 3rd, 2010, 09:49 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

But why would another company buy HS? If it wasn't profitable for Hasbro or WotC, why would it suddenly become profitable for someone else?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News