Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old December 10th, 2007, 08:42 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Figure Repaints and Mods by ZB

Ok decided to put these in this section too, just becuase as a communuity we have not decided on stats yet in this thread

http://heroscapers.com/community/sho...er=asc&start=0

So here is my first re-paints...The Gladiator Squad (2 exactly )

Spoiler Alert!

---------------------------------------------------------------

My Battle Maidens:

Spoiler Alert!

----------------------------------------------------------------
My Version of H3X's Zombikazes:

Spoiler Alert!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Last edited by ZBeeblebrox; January 19th, 2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: New pictures added 1/19/11
Old December 10th, 2007, 10:50 AM

slobberblood has disabled reputation
Very cool, wish the pictures were better...

Captain Slobberblood
"In victory, you deserve Champagne, in defeat, you need it.” Napoleon Bonaparte
www.chaos-arts.com
Old December 10th, 2007, 01:33 PM

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by slobberblood
Very cool, wish the pictures were better...
Sorry, not a very good photographer...I took various shots each with differnent settings...these are the best I got.

C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
Old December 10th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Uniquest Hero and Classic Drafter 2008

Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker
Nice job! I like the colors you chose - they fit in better with the existing Romans. Funny how with a little work, the Tarn fit right in! I've got an extra set of Gladiators laying around - may have to emulate yours.
Old December 10th, 2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahrma
Nice job! I like the colors you chose - they fit in better with the existing Romans. Funny how with a little work, the Tarn fit right in! I've got an extra set of Gladiators laying around - may have to emulate yours.
Thanks Kahrma, If you need some steps I took to make these...just let me know. It was mostly cuting off arms or hands and gluing them back on in diffrent positions.

Old December 10th, 2007, 02:11 PM

aerofool Woo who?
You shooting with a standard digital camera? If so, you are way too close! See how the backgrounds are in focus? Their distance to the lens is the minimum distance you need. Plus, the images are too small. Not enough pixels to show the details if there were any to show!

Here's what you need to know in taking a good image of your models with a basic digital camera:

Macro mode is essential (the setting that looks like a flower). That will tell the camera to adjust for smaller details.

Use the largest picture/dpi setting. You will be cropping, so the more pixels you have in the desired area, the better picture you will finish with.

Know your minimum distance. Most macro-modes in cameras will not focus properly if you are closer than 12" to what you are trying to shoot. I try to keep my distances around 18".

Forget about trying to get the model to fill up the whole picture. The only way to do that is to get right up on it, and you will not be able to get it focused properly. That is what using photo-editing software is for, cropping to make the model all you see.

Get some photo editing software. Adobe photo deluxe is a good inexpensive program that allows you to do a bit to your pictures. It comes free packaged with most digital cameras. If you are feeling adventurous and have some money to spend, get adobe photoshop CS3. It is the most extensive, professional grade, photo editing software money can buy.

Finally, post large! Your images need to be a minimum of 300 pixels at it's narrowest point to show the most detail on screen.

****! I must be having a bad week!
Old December 10th, 2007, 03:56 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofool
You shooting with a standard digital camera? If so, you are way too close! See how the backgrounds are in focus? Their distance to the lens is the minimum distance you need. Plus, the images are too small. Not enough pixels to show the details if there were any to show!

Here's what you need to know in taking a good image of your models with a basic digital camera:

Macro mode is essential (the setting that looks like a flower). That will tell the camera to adjust for smaller details.

Use the largest picture/dpi setting. You will be cropping, so the more pixels you have in the desired area, the better picture you will finish with.

Know your minimum distance. Most macro-modes in cameras will not focus properly if you are closer than 12" to what you are trying to shoot. I try to keep my distances around 18".

Forget about trying to get the model to fill up the whole picture. The only way to do that is to get right up on it, and you will not be able to get it focused properly. That is what using photo-editing software is for, cropping to make the model all you see.

Get some photo editing software. Adobe photo deluxe is a good inexpensive program that allows you to do a bit to your pictures. It comes free packaged with most digital cameras. If you are feeling adventurous and have some money to spend, get adobe photoshop CS3. It is the most extensive, professional grade, photo editing software money can buy.

Finally, post large! Your images need to be a minimum of 300 pixels at it's narrowest point to show the most detail on screen.
Agree 100%

I would also like to add that more light is better than less. A big bright light source will make everything better.
Old December 11th, 2007, 08:14 AM

Thanks for the advice.

Old December 19th, 2007, 06:29 PM

Free has disabled reputation
No Marvin the Paranoid Android?

Vegetables aren't food. Vegetables are what food eats.
Old December 19th, 2007, 10:47 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
You can download Gimp , its a free picture editing program, easy to use too

I would love to see these guys in better pictures so we can see all the details you put into them.

I cant see it yet, but did you turn a tarn viking into a greek? I would love to try that out since Im a big roman fan

( Funny though since I still dont have a single roman legion)
Old July 12th, 2008, 12:25 AM

Re: Figure Repaints and Mods by ZB

Since the new promo is a Nakita, I thought I'd bump this thread with an idea on how to use those extra gladiators

Old November 22nd, 2008, 11:15 PM

Re: Figure Repaints and Mods by ZB

OK. I learned how to use my camara effectively so I have newer, clearer pictures of my Gladiators:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions