Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old December 4th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

Yeah, Dwarves are solid, even after the Thorkur errata. They probably have the most even match-ups of any faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 4th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Yeah, Dwarves are solid, even after the Thorkur errata. They probably have the most even match-ups of any faction.
Please explain, I have not seen that.
Old December 4th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Now he can only block 1 wound per turn instead of unlimted. It starts being discussed in the 7th post of the Book of Thorkur.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old December 5th, 2010, 07:41 AM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
Preview #16
Holleas

Just to be certain. You may only use her special ability during the Attack phase. Correct? The ability to summon a Fire Beast & than move it so Holleas would be unaffected by the Fire Beast's Hellfire ability would be very good.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old December 5th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Yeah, you're right.

Any ability that says "instead of attacking" happens during the attack phase, replaces an attack, and can only happen once because most units can only attack once per turn.

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 5th, 2010, 12:25 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks Jexik.

I recent looking over the reinforcement packs & was impressed. Can't wait to play with them. I already have favorites.

-Best artwork- Malevolence (M)
-Best support- Bragg (TO) & Magos (M), provided you can get them out early.
-Best addition- Fencer (PE), Having a 0 cost unit, with counterstrike, for the Elves could make the deck quicker.
-Strong common- Climber (CG), walls make them stronger & are no longer an obstacle.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old December 6th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Preview #2
Abua Shi

Abua crept forward, his body crouched low in the tall grasses of the savannah. A glance back at the dark line of trees miles away, reminded him he was far from the safety of the jungle now, and even further from the safety of his guards. But this consumed his mind for but a second, and onward he pressed, silent as the wind, as stealthy as a lion.

Her appearance had been just as it had been forty years ago; slight, lithe of body, her skin the color of polished gold. Her clothing was auburn and orange, and Abua had reflected how Sedru had always shied away from dressing like the other Elves. He had looked at her leaning against the tree, smiling at him with dark amusement, and he had reminded himself that she was forty years dead.

“I do not believe your story,” he had said softly. “I cannot believe in you.”

“I have come back for our people brother. I will give you a mighty gift with which to protect the Elves of the jungles.”

Abua paused at the crest of a wide hill and looked down on the small camp below. It was just as she had described, a single large tent sitting by a fire, and two dark-skinned humans stood guard. Their tribal markings told him they were Misaoi, and he was saddened that they had chosen to betray his people after generations of friendship. He saw a third human walk away from the camp, a bucket in hand. It was the moment Abua needed.

“There will be few guards big brother,” Sedru had said. “The assassin they are sending to kill you will be alone in the tent. You should dispatch his guards easily, and hopefully catch him unaware. In his tent you will find the tool he means to kill you with, and it is the key to your future.”

The first guard crumpled when Abua’s knife slid between his ribs. The second turned and looked at him, and to Abua’s surprise the guard merely looked startled. Was that recognition in his eyes? The fool didn’t even bring his weapon to the ready, but Abua did not hesitate, and parted the soft flesh of the guard’s throat before he could speak. And then there was only the tent.

“Be careful brother,” and Abua turned to see her standing behind him. “This is your moment Abua. Now seize your new destiny and earn your place not just as Shi of our tribe, but of all the tribes.”

The tall man in the tent had little time to react as Abua rolled through the tent flap and sprang to his feet, two knives at the ready. The man’s lean body was tightly muscled, his face decorated with bars of white paint. He tried to stand, but Abua spun, catching the man’s throat with the first knife, and slamming the second deep into his chest. The assassin was dead before he hit the ground.
And again she was there with him. “You will find the weapon in the pack over there,” she said pointing. “I hope you treasure it Abua. And I hope you find it worth the price. You deserve it more than she did. She would have only stolen glory away from you, big brother.”

“She?” he asked, but he saw that Sedru was gone. He found it at the bottom of the pack, and gasped at its brilliance and the wave of energy he felt flood over him when he gazed upon it. He lifted it from the pack and held it before him, hypnotized by its beauty.

“Oh Meira! Abua! What have you done?” He turned, and for a moment stood in dumb silence.

“Ligwa?” he asked. “What are you doing here? Where is my wife?” His wife’s handmaiden dropped the bucket of water where she stood in the tent’s entrance.

“Monster!” she gasped, and turned and fled. Abua’s head spun, and he looked down at the assassin he had just killed. But where the man should be he saw his wife, her face frozen in horror, her blood congealing in a pool around her body, one of his knives still sticking out of her chest. A strangled cry rose from his throat, and he fell to his knees beside her body. Sliding the knife out, he pulled her corpse to him, cradling it in his arms. He wept hysterically.

Ligwa had run as far as she could, but even a Jungle Elf had limits. But still she stumbled on towards the jungle, not caring to hide herself from predators or enemies, her mind awash in horror. There was a loud whooshing noise and she spun to find Abua standing behind her, the stone in his hand, his torso and arms slathered in blood.

“Ligwa,” he said.

“Keep away from me!” she cried. “Do not come another step closer!” She slid a long hunting knife from her leggings and held it defensively before her. She shook her head and said, “She was so excited to return to you. To show you what she had found. Never would she have guessed how you would greet her.”

“Ligwa, I was tricked,” he said. “Something… I don’t know what. Something that looked like my sister. It tricked me, you must believe me.” He stepped forward, a crazed look in his eyes, but Ligwa only readied her knife.

“Liar!” she hissed.

“Believe me! You know I loved Witame. You know that!”

“I only know what I saw Abua. Come closer and I will cut you down, I swear it! But even if you kill me, people will know. They will remember you walking into the village covered in blood, remember how you left with no guards to accompany you. They will know! You will be Shi no longer.” But Abua held the stone up and looked at it curiously.

“No Ligwa, I do not have to walk in. They will find me in my quarters right where they thought I was. But thank you for reminding me. Whatever the thing was that tricked me, it must pay for Witame’s death. I will avenge her - that much I promise. I swear it to you now, and I swear it before Her, that the one that did this will pay. But I must still be Shi to achieve this.” And he looked at her with pity. “Goodbye Ligwa. I am so sorry.” Her eyes went wide and she lurched towards him.

“Abua, no!” she screamed, but there was a flash of light and she was gone.

BGG Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/866108/summoner-wars
Old December 6th, 2010, 11:40 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I assume 'instead of attacking' still means it counts as one of the up to 3 attacks you get each turn?

-insert signature here-
Old December 6th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I assume 'instead of attacking' still means it counts as one of the up to 3 attacks you get each turn?
Correct.

You've got to make the call whether it's worthing giving up one of your 3 attacks to boost the one.

My experience with M:TG almost makes me think of "attacking" as "tapping." Even though you don't turn the card. Its uses are pretty analogous.

Quote:

Last edited by Jexik; December 6th, 2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Ret, Holleas, Sera, Grognack, Fire Drake, Priests and other stuff I'm probably forgetting work the same way.
Old December 6th, 2010, 11:51 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Yeah - so you give up an attack to make someone elses stronger. I like it a lot - will be great for using champions to assault summoners.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 6th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wonder if there will be any Jungle Elves with the chance of multiple attacks. Hmmm.
Old December 6th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

The Jungle Elves' Summoner looks neat, and his power is good as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games