Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old September 10th, 2018, 11:01 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Poker-Sized Card Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I don't believe I ever received such a link!

I never had interest in smaller cards but now that my toolbox of minis are at home and I proxy to playtest and pull up cards on my computer, having easy to print rectangle cards will help me a bunch.
Sent you a PM with the link. Let me know if it doesn't work. EDIT: the second PM. The first one is not correct

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 10th, 2018, 03:22 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

For what it's worth - if there's a bulk order being made I'm interested for sure. I used to just print in black and white on plain paper, but I don't even have a printer anymore, so my playtesting is usually just... lots of tabs open on my tablet or phone. I figure it'd be worth the investment!
Old September 10th, 2018, 06:35 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

For 700+ cards with all the wording updates? Yes, I'm interested too.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old September 10th, 2018, 07:55 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

OK, so japes, johnny, Spidey, me .... I think the discounts start when you print 6 copies (next tier is 30+).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 11th, 2018, 06:37 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I had most of them printed with printerstudio and artscow in the past. before prices skyrocketed.
Another site that might be worth trying is The Game Crafter. I haven't used them yet, but I'm pretty sure I will at some point for some design prototypes. They produce custom laser-cut decks on 305gsm black-core matte card stock. Their baseline price for both bridge and poker sizes is $1.66 per 18-card sheet. There are some upcharges if you want UV coating ($0.10/sheet) and/or Linen Texture ($0.25/sheet). There's also a handling fee of $0.89 per "game" (basically whatever set of card sheets you group together), which of course would be trivial over several hundred cards.

So, in theory, at slightly more than $2.01 per sheet you could get nice UV + linen cards at a cost of about 3.7 cents per card. As a more concrete example, if you wanted, say, 45 sheets, I believe the final price would be $91.34 + shipping for 810 cards. Skip the linen finish and this drops to $80.09.

To ballpark shipping costs, I just put 23 copies of my 36-card deck in the shopping cart (to total 828 cards) and the shipping was $7.85 to Virginia. TGC is in Wisconsin, so I can't imagine it would be much worse than that to other parts of the U.S. No idea about international, though.

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/publish/pricing

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/publish/products#decks

P.S. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, so I have no profit motive here. I've just struggled for years to find an affordable way to make design prototypes, and this finally looked like my best option, so I'm sharing what I've learned. No idea what the card quality is like, but they have lots of examples of games on their site and the pictures at least look good.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old September 11th, 2018, 07:34 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I had most of them printed with printerstudio and artscow in the past. before prices skyrocketed.
Another site that might be worth trying is The Game Crafter. I haven't used them yet, but I'm pretty sure I will at some point for some design prototypes. They produce custom laser-cut decks on 305gsm black-core matte card stock. Their baseline price for both bridge and poker sizes is $1.66 per 18-card sheet. There are some upcharges if you want UV coating ($0.10/sheet) and/or Linen Texture ($0.25/sheet). There's also a handling fee of $0.89 per "game" (basically whatever set of card sheets you group together), which of course would be trivial over several hundred cards.

So, in theory, at slightly more than $2.01 per sheet you could get nice UV + linen cards at a cost of about 3.7 cents per card. As a more concrete example, if you wanted, say, 45 sheets, I believe the final price would be $91.34 + shipping for 810 cards. Skip the linen finish and this drops to $80.09.

To ballpark shipping costs, I just put 23 copies of my 36-card deck in the shopping cart (to total 828 cards) and the shipping was $7.85 to Virginia. TGC is in Wisconsin, so I can't imagine it would be much worse than that to other parts of the U.S. No idea about international, though.

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/publish/pricing

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/publish/products#decks

P.S. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, so I have no profit motive here. I've just struggled for years to find an affordable way to make design prototypes, and this finally looked like my best option, so I'm sharing what I've learned. No idea what the card quality is like, but they have lots of examples of games on their site and the pictures at least look good.
Hey, I had begun to think you went away for good. Thanks for the tip. I had looked at them long ago but PS was an insanely good deal back then - I actually recently logged into my PS account and looked at some of my old orders. I purchased a deck of 400+ cards for $35 - Now that PS has market adjusted it looks like gamecrafter is looking good. I'll look into.

Thanks again for the inspiration for this design as well.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 11th, 2018, 09:53 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's a much better deal than the other place!

Old September 23rd, 2018, 08:35 PM
A Man of Taste

Currently going with this as the back

Old September 23rd, 2018, 08:37 PM

Looks nice. You sure on the yellow, though?

Old September 23rd, 2018, 10:57 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Looks nice. You sure on the yellow, though?
Tried to match our official backs.

Old September 23rd, 2018, 11:02 PM

I see. A nice Marvel red might look nice, though. Maybe a honolulu blue?

Old September 23rd, 2018, 11:08 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I see. A nice Marvel red might look nice, though. Maybe a honolulu blue?
I used to do a marvel and a DC background and a glyph background. But it adds in another thing that can go wrong in printing. So I'd like to have one background for all. With that in mind I don't want to do a marvel red for all the cards. I only chose this color because it matched what we already had. I could see maybe greys blacks and whites?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy