Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old December 12th, 2010, 12:38 AM

Iron Knight is surprisingly tart
Iron knight's customs

here is my try at customs of some of my favourite characters. Hope you enjoy.

Meta knight
Life 6
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 4
Defence 7

Puffball
Unique Hero
Star Warrior
Mysterious
Medium 4
320 Points

Sword beam special attack
Range special Attack 5
Choose 5 spaces in a straight line from Meta Knight. All figures in that line are affected by sword beam special attack. Roll once for all affected figures. Figures roll defence dice separately. Meta Knight can only use this ability once per round, must be unengaged and if he did not move this turn.

Stealth Flying
When counting spaces for Meta Knight`s movement ignore elevations, Meta Knight may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Meta Knight starts to fly if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagment attacks.

Sword Mastery
When defending against a normal attack from a normal or special attack from an adjacent attacking figure all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. When Meta Knight attacks with a normal attack he may attack one additional times.

I value your feedback and will be sure to add more customs to this thread

The sky is dark and the portal is closed, because of the wizards many worlds will never be exposed. The scapers are hopful till the light of dawn Long Live scape! The Iron Knight rides on.

Last edited by Iron Knight; December 12th, 2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Ymf suggested a change
Old December 12th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Iron knight's customs

IMO, you should keep units in the 1-3 power range, it tends to make cards less confusing.
Edit: Your custom is way to powerful. Bottom line: never have range with an attack of more than 6. Its just asking to be a broken unit.

ymf
Old December 12th, 2010, 02:54 PM

he was meant to be powerful because after all he is meta knight and there is a catch to the ranged attack and if you think he is too powerful you should check out Anti-Monitor or Superman. Thanks for the tips though, I will try to improve him after all this is still only my first try.

The sky is dark and the portal is closed, because of the wizards many worlds will never be exposed. The scapers are hopful till the light of dawn Long Live scape! The Iron Knight rides on.
Old December 12th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Knight View Post
here is my try at customs of some of my favourite characters. Hope you enjoy.

Meta knight
Life 6
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 4
Defence 6 7

Puffball
Unique Hero
Star Warrior
Mysterious
Medium 4
430 320 Points He's similar to SS, and he needs to be, since high point figures tend to be drafted less than lower ones.

Sword beam special attack
Range special Attack 7 5
Choose 9 5 spaces in a straight line from Meta Knight. All figures in that line are affected by sword beam special attack. Roll once for all affected figures. Figures roll defence dice separately. Meta Knightcan only use this ability once per round, must be unengaged and if he did not move this turn. Nine spaces is a little to powerful, especially with 7 attack.

Stealth Flying
When counting spaces for Meta Knight`s movement ignore elevations, Meta Knight may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Meta Knight starts to fly_if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagment attacks.

Sword Mastery
When defending against a normal attack from a normal or special attack from an adjacent attacking figure all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure. When Meta Knight attacks he may attack three additional times.
The way this is worded you could attack 4 times with 7 dice, as well as hit any figures behind the target. Few could stand even one turn against him. I see your point though and have added double attack in red

Double Attack
When Meta Knight attacks with a normal attack he may attack one additional time.

Star Warrior Valor
For thge purpose of special abilities Meta Knight may be considered a Knight with a Valient personality in addition to his own class and personality.
Meta with 4th would be too powerful.

I value your feedback and will be sure to add more customs to this thread
In my opinion you should delete the things I crossed out. My comments in green.

Edit: I'm just trying to balance it. Nobody wants to play with figures that have bad point values, unless they are all that way.
Edit2: Make sure you clean up your wording too. Just makes it easier to read the cards.
Edit3. I know you can only shoot in a straight line, but hey, 4 attacks of 7 is still overpowered.
ymf

Last edited by yamissflash; December 13th, 2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: fixed misquote and a typo.
Old December 12th, 2010, 03:13 PM

Thanks for helping me see that he was too powerful

Old December 12th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Love Meta Knight, but if this is a personal customs thread, please put it under the main branch of customs, the customs projects forum is for groups projects. Speaking of which... you should probably try Here

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old December 13th, 2010, 06:07 PM

how do I do that?

Old December 13th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
how do I do that?
Start a thread? Or join the video game project?
To start your own thread on the main branch, there's a new topic button. To join the custom VG character project, just post your custom there and say you are joining. It's that easy.

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old December 13th, 2010, 07:34 PM

move this over to the main branch if it is possible

Old December 14th, 2010, 04:41 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
move this over to the main branch if it is possible
PM the Group Moderator Grungebob and ask him very politely to move it for you.
Old December 14th, 2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysto2002 View Post
Love Meta Knight, but if this is a personal customs thread, please put it under the main branch of customs, the customs projects forum is for groups projects. Speaking of which... you should probably try Here
or maybe I could turn this into a group project? Our mission: Make customs for Kirby's world.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum