Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 8th, 2010, 01:38 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Shipshape Maps

The Gang of Four is finally getting together to play Pirates! (for the first time) on 11/19, after numerous postponements (all on account of my recent Karate activities). I'm inviting you all to come up with maps of ships, islands, forts, towns, etc., for use in Pirates!-based scenarios in the future. While chas has been good about constructing maps for us (including the current one), I have a tendency to build maps on game days from scratch, with mixed success. In the future, it would be good to have some maps that fit the theme of Pirates! in Virtualscape to build in advance, not just for the Gang of Four, but for the many others in the community (more than I knew - see fat-tortoise blog intro) who have played it and/or wish to.
Old November 8th, 2010, 01:45 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: Shipshape Maps

What material parameters are you looking at?
This sounds like it would be fun to do.
Old November 8th, 2010, 02:14 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Do you have any lexan water mats, as that would help? A couple maps that looks good for a pirates scenario are The Sandbar, Pinwheel Island and Storm the Beach. I suppose you could take other "beach" maps (search for beach in downloads/forums such as Normandy Beach) and just put extra water on one end. Scenario could be a pirate ship attacks from water to land and tries a raid - put three treasure brandar chest glyphs in land and you need to get them and come back to the ship/water by round X and the other team has to stop you.

Last edited by lefton4ya; November 8th, 2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old November 8th, 2010, 02:38 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
What material parameters are you looking at?
This sounds like it would be fun to do.
I'm thinking various sizes of maps, from those, like in Pirates!, for ship-to-ship actions, to a map with one big ship, with multiple decks, or anything resembling a set from an old pirate movie. Island invasions and town raids come immediately to mind, but kidnappings and assassinations are certainly not beyond the broad reach of the Pirates! idea. If I were you, I'd create maps/scenarios from my own personal vision of what Pirates! is all about - as I did!

Lefton4ya, good ideas! "Objective Burma" starring Kaemon Awa as Captain Nelson will be the next production from Heroscape Studios!
Old June 12th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Champion IN SPITE of Stoopid Doors

Paronychodon knows what's in an order marker Paronychodon knows what's in an order marker

It seemed appropriate to post a link to my map, Ship of the Bitter Sea, here.

My Maps:

Also, check out the Competitive Unit Congress
Old June 13th, 2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paronychodon View Post
Well met!

Wow! If you can alter it such that it has an interior, below-decks area, it would be perfect. Probably easy enough, by adding entrances/exits on the ship, with separate maps for below-decks (as chas did).

Last edited by kolakoski; June 13th, 2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old June 13th, 2011, 03:20 PM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

I have a map of a cluster of islands in my thread if that gives you ideas.

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old June 13th, 2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs1009 View Post
Well met!

Thanks! Too bad it isn't Virtualscaped.
Old June 13th, 2011, 06:42 PM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs1009 View Post
Well met!

Thanks! Too bad it isn't Virtualscaped.
You could just use the idea it's not very complex, just some sand, swamp, ashphalt, jungle and water.

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old June 13th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Champion IN SPITE of Stoopid Doors

Paronychodon knows what's in an order marker Paronychodon knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paronychodon View Post
Well met!

Wow! If you can alter it such that it has an interior, below-decks area, it would be perfect. Probably easy enough, by adding entrances/exits on the ship, with separate maps for below-decks (as chas did).
I don't think an interior on this map would be doable without sacrificing stability. Plus, actually moving figures around in said interior might be almost impossible. I'm sure you could add a separate below-decks area, though. There are lots of tiles left over from this build if you're not picky about colour. However, as I mention in my map thread, I'm working on another map along this theme. I'll post it after I've played a few games on it (which, unfortunately, might not be for a couple of months).

My Maps:

Also, check out the Competitive Unit Congress

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios