Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old April 9th, 2012, 02:27 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Viegon's & Family's Tournament Style Maps -- new map 4/3

Hiya Viegon,

In light of recent discussion in our tourney thread, I think we'll be using Running from Shadows without the Wannok (or any other glyph there), to free up the road.

If you feel like generating a new version of the map without the glyph there, do let me know and I'll post the new one in our thread. If not though, no worries.

Looking forward to playing on it this Saturday.
Old April 9th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

No problem. In fact, I already had some ideas for changing the map (the main one being the glyph), but I was waiting for the response from the tournament before doing anything. I was worried too that the glyph would just block the road.

If you guys don't want any glyphs at all, that would work just fine, but I was thinking about putting 2 Treasure Glyphs (not sure which ones or what kind of pool) on the 2 lowest level shadow spots or the 2 center shadow spots.

I can update the PDF if need be, but unless you think it's needed I'll leave it as is and just let you guys do whatever with the glyph.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old April 10th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

These are really nice maps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 10th, 2012, 05:19 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
I can update the PDF if need be, but unless you think it's needed I'll leave it as is and just let you guys do whatever with the glyph.
Sounds good, Viegon. No reason to update the PDF and image just to remove the glyph.
Old April 17th, 2012, 09:14 PM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: Viegon's & Family's Tournament Style Maps -- new map 4/1

And another one is up: Swamp Swingabout.

This is one (of many) I made a while back and am now just getting up on here. With this one, it was really my first attempt to build a tournament map in this form of symmetry (mirror symmetrical my brothers and I call it, but I can never figure out/remember what the actual term is). I did struggle with the outside of this map being a bit plain and possibly under-used, but I think part of my idea (like I said, been awhile) was to have almost two different maps put together: the outside and the inside. If played with strong enough glyphs, I do think play is drawn to the outside at least some.

And for you Halo players, doesn't it look just a little bit like a Grunt head? (it was not intended, just noticed after it was finished)

SWAMP SWINGabout:
Date Added: 4/17/12
Author: Viegon
Sets: SotM x1, TJ x1
Suggested Glyphs: Wannok and two Initiative +8 glyphs

Also, when posting this I was having trouble with the "about" in "swingabout. For some reason I would capitalize the whole thing, but when I preview it it un-capitalizes the "around" part, like "SWINGabout". Anyone got ideas as to why and how I can fix it?

Old May 18th, 2012, 07:06 PM

Re: Viegon's & Family's Tournament Style Maps -- new map 4/1

I finally got another up: Self Centered!

This map (which I made awhile back) was all about the idea of the start zones and normal movement areas being really high up, with a huge dip in the center. To balance it, I used a glyph, of course. Now generally I don't like using the defense glyphs because they draw out the games, but since Jalgard is one of the most powerful, it was one of the only choices to balance this map.

As I mention below, I found that this map doesn't translate too well in the picture, and it's really hard to get a good feel for it without actually seeing it in person.

SELF CENTERED:
Date Added: 5/18/12
Sets: SotM x1, RotV x1, FotA x1
Suggested Glyphs: Designed to be played with the Defense +2 Power Glyph
Notes: Unfortunately, I find this is one of those maps that just don't translate well unto VirtualScape. I mean, it's hard to tell but this map has uber-drastic-height change.

Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:28 PM

Re: Viegon's & Family's Tournament Style Maps -- new map 5/2

Got a new one: Sludgecano.

This is mostly just a fun odd map that looks cool but is questionable in play for certain match-ups. For a little more casual play, it works quite well.

EDIT: I did it again, I mispelled the name (there isn't supposed to be an "e" at the end, like there was). I fixed it now.

SLUDGECANO:
Date Added: 5/22/12
Sets: SotM x1, RotV x1
Suggested Glyphs: Any 2 Power glyhps
Notes: If you're looking for a very competitive map, don't choose this one. While it's fun and decently balanced, there are definitely certain units that will be quite powerful on it.

Last edited by Viegon; May 22nd, 2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: updated name
Old June 12th, 2012, 06:20 PM

Re: Viegon's & Family's Tournament Style Maps -- new maps 6/

I updated the OP with my two maps I made for R˙chean's Map Contest a bit ago:

CROWD HAD RUSHED TOGETHER:
Date Added: 6/12/12
Sets: RotV x1, TT x1
Suggested Glyphs: A suggested Treasure Glyph pool of: Potion of Healing, Elixir of Speed, Scarab of Invulnerability, Bracers of Teleportation, Giant Hunter Stone, Heroic Rune, Talisman of Defense, and Brooch of Shielding, with 2 glyphs sitting out; but really, any 6 Treasure Glyphs can be used
Treasure Glyph Trap: Your opponent must choose 3 figures he/she controls on Grass or Rock spaces, if possible. All chosen figures receive 1 wound.
Notes: As normal, the 6 Brandar glyphs represent Treasure Glyphs. The Treasure Glyphs and the above Trap are necessary for map balance, because without them range rules. As for the terrain, Heavy Snow but Normal Ice.

MARRO BATHHOUSE:
Date Added: 6/12/12
Sets: SotM x1, FotA x1
Suggested Glyphs: Any 2 Power Glyphs and 2 Treasure Glyphs
Treasure Glyph Trap: The player controlling the hero who set off the trap must immediately place that hero on any empty space in their startzone. If there are no empty spaces in your startzone, that hero instead receives 2 wounds.
Notes: As normal, the 2 Brandar glyphs represent Treasure Glyphs.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios