Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 20th, 2013, 02:09 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Islandscape C3V Playtest

Well met!

It's a rainy afternoon in New York . . .

So I'm play-testing two potential armies for Islandscape:

Death Knights
140 PKs x 2
130 Deathcommander
100 Krav
70 Zettians
440, 12 spaces,

versus

Imperial Paralysis
185 Nilfeim
100 Romans x 2
100 Marcus
50 Me-Burq-Sa
435, 13 spaces,

on
Brothers' Battlefield!

The Glyph pool consists of Glyph of Astrid (Attack +1), Glyph of Dagmar (Initiative +eight), Glyph of Gerda (Defense +1), Glyph of Valda (Move +2, Glyph of Lodin (Lucky Twenty-Sider) and Glyph of Wannok (Wound).

During Round 1, a Phantom Knight uncovered the Glyph of Wannok,

while Me-Burq-Sa uncovered the
Glyph of Lodin.

At the end of Round 1, a Wound is applied to Marcus.

The Glyph of Lodin gives the Romans initiative for Round 2 (as both sides rolled 20s). Me-Burq-Sa moves forward (off the Glyph), fails his Paralyzing Stare against a Phantom Knight, but almost kills him anyways, as he whiffs with 7 dice (before I remember to give him the Jungle bonus, for which he rolls a Shield).

Two Romans attack the Phantom Knight on the
Glyph of Wannok, and kill him.

Meanwhile, the Krav move up, attack the two Romans from height, and kill one,

Nilfeim moves into a commanding position, Sharding
the previously attacked Phantom Knight, who survives, and the Deathcommander moves up into Shadow, and attacks Nilfeim from below, inflicting a Wound.

Note that the Deathcommanderneeds to be re-based.

[To be continued]

Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:22 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Islandscape C3V Playtest

Well met!

It's aother rainy afternoon in New York . . .

So I'm, again, play-testing two potential armies for Islandscape. This time, though, the Deathcommander/Zettian army is more cohesive.

Death's Sting
240 Stingers x 4
130 Deathcommander
70 Zettians
440, 15 spaces,

versus

Imperial Paralysis
185 Nilfeim
100 Romans x 2
100 Marcus
50 Me-Burq-Sa
435, 13 spaces,

on
Brothers' Battlefield!

The Glyph pool consists of Glyph of Astrid (Attack +1), Glyph of Dagmar (Initiative +eight), Glyph of Gerda (Defense +1), Glyph of Valda (Move +2, Glyph of Lodin (Lucky Twenty-Sider) and Glyph of Wannok (Wound).

Round 1: The
Paralysis wins initiative, and advances the Romans, uncovering the Glyph of Astrid(Attack +1).

The
Sting advance the Deathcommander/Zettian combo.

Round 2: At the end of Turn 1 (Sting winning initiative):

The Deathcommander attacks Marcus (on height) with Explosive Rounds, but does no damage. The Romans continue their advance in Turn 2.

The Deathcommander moves into engagement

killing the Legionnaire (on height ) with his first Explosive Round. His second shot, at another Legionnaire (on height) misses.

Now the Zettians gain a turn via the Command Beacon.

It's a tricky potentil shot for the second Zettian, but it can see Marcus through a gap in the Gate's pillars. The Zettian closest to the Deathcommander attacks Marcus, scoring only one , even after re-rolling a . The second Zettian rolls an extra die, but achieves the same result. No damage to Marcus. [At this point, not being a pro like some, I'm questioning my whole approach, with both armies - too aggressive? Too conservative? Now what?] The Romans attack! Marcus first, moving adjacent (on height) to the Deathcommander - 3 + height + Glyph = 5 Attack dice - 1 - miss. Legionnaires move and Attack - one Attacks the Deathcommander on even ground, but adjacent to Marcus (5 Attack) - 2 s - 1 - a Wound! The other Legionnaire attacks a Zettian (4 Attack) - 3 s, but 4 s blocks! The Deathcommander now attacks Marcus and the adjacent Zettian - first Explosive Round is 1 - Marcus rolls a and blocks, as does the Legionnaire. The second Explosive Round roll is 1 - Marcus and the Legionnaire block. More Legionnaires move up, but first - Marcus Attacks with 5 again - 3 s Deathcommander whiffs and dies.

[To be continued]

Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:28 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Though this might go against your nature, you'd probably get a better feel for the armies if you tested on a tourney style map rather than one of your sprawling battlefields.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:15 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
Though this might go against your nature, you'd probably get a better feel for the armies if you tested on a tourney style map rather than one of your sprawling battlefields.
I agree with this whole heatedly. I usually go the Utah NHSD tournament and the maps are always posted before hand. Playing on them makes a really big difference. Not only do you figure your army out, but you also figure out how you want to play the map.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 03:16 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Quote:
I agree with this whole heatedly. I usually go the Utah NHSD tournament and the maps are always posted before hand. Playing on them makes a really big difference. Not only do you figure your army out, but you also figure out how you want to play the map.
Thanks for the advice, guys! I'll have to see what plans there are for maps. I brought some terrain and duplicated a free build of my own once for such an event, so maps may be last minute. As for the "figuring out" part, I'm figuring that I'll be playing

185 Nilfeim
100 Romans x 2
100 Marcus
50 Me-Burq-Sa
435, 13 spaces, or, perhaps

150 Romans x 3
140 Othkurik

100 Marcus

50 Me-Burq-Sa
440, 17 spaces, 15 figures,

as this play test enabled me to ween myself of a serious case of Shield Wall addiction. As interesting as the Deathcommander/Zettians combo is conceptually, I'm not sure how to build an army around them, and I don't have the skill to play them in a tournament - yet. For Islandscape, I can bring two armies . . .

Last edited by kolakoski; May 24th, 2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old May 27th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Well, let's not put too much emphasis on tourney-style play. It's only one style, although admittedly a very popular one. But you may find that many VC figures/armies are better at non-tourney play. We try to accomodate as many different styles as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old June 8th, 2013, 01:37 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Well, let's not put too much emphasis on tourney-style play. It's only one style, although admittedly a very popular one. But you may find that many VC figures/armies are better at non-tourney play. We try to accomodate as many different styles as possible.
Kolakoski is practicing for a tournament, I believe.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 8th, 2013, 11:59 AM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Kolakoski is practicing for a tournament, I believe.

Well, not really.

I will not be able to attend Islandscape, after all. It seems that I was under a misapprehension as to when Karate Camp is going to be - once again, it is scheduled for the same weekend as Islandscape. I'm just noticing this now, and thinking they changed it while I wasn't looking, I misread it initially, or I'm going .

Anyways, I'm really sorry, and wish you all the best.
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:40 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Guess my Nilfheim really terrified you in our practice game, eh? He certainly scares me...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs