Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 30th, 2013, 11:25 AM

sam268 is surprisingly tart
is wave 9 worth hunting?

Title pretty much says it all. One of my friends got his hands on axegrinders (2 squads) and they are alot of fun to play. All of wave 9 looks like alot of fun. Buuuuuut...... it kinda costs you an arm and a leg, almost literally. I mean, one squad of dividers for 35 dollars seems a little much. But here is my question.

For all of you gamers who recently purchased wave 9 units, did you regret the purchase? Do you use them often? Are there "must haves" in it like blade gruts and vipers from wave 1? Because I don't want to go spending 10 dollars per squad figure and then regret it or never use them...
(P.S. I only have 150 dollars to spend, so take that into consideration)
Old December 30th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: is wave 9 worth hunting?

If you like the Axegrinders, see if you can find another squad or two. I wouldn't try to buy up a whole wave because you decided you like one squad in it.

Buy what you like, and what you can afford.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 30th, 2013, 12:43 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

It is my favorite wave, but the prices are ridiculous and that is hasbro/wotc's fault for not making more in the first run. A case of wave 9 on ebay will auction out about 165 - 190.
  • Axegrinders are cool and Migol is worth having if you end up getting them. He is a beast.
  • Atlaga is an excellent addition if you have any Kyrie squads already. The Protectors are sort of meh.
  • If you have the gladiator heroes then 3 sets of Capuans are going to be nice to have.
  • The Mohicans and Brave Arrow are also sort of meh but if you like that theme they can be fun.
  • Tul-bak-ra and Kumiko are probably not worth it.
  • I would not bother with the repulsors unless you like the theme and already have some Snipers.
  • The Dividers are the bomb but they don't really shine until you have about 5 sets or more.

So get the dwarves, caps if you have the glad heroes (Spartacus & Crixus), Atlaga if you have some Kyrie (minions in particulair), dividers if you got enough cash to get enough sets.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; December 30th, 2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: That is my opinion and preference anyway
Old December 30th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Unless you are planning tournament play, you can always proxy with similar figures.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old December 30th, 2013, 02:47 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Unless you are planning tournament play, you can always proxy with similar figures.
He has a great point.

--

Wave 9 has many of my favorite squads (Axegrinders and Mohicans) and some great heroes. But it's very expensive.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 30th, 2013, 04:37 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

You can also proxy with wood chits or chess pieces; you can buy a bunch of those along with some ink cartridges and card stock for the $150 he has to spend.

I could be wrong but if he was looking to print and proxy, I don't think he would have started this thread.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old December 31st, 2013, 12:04 AM

sam268 is surprisingly tart

Yeah, I have proxied before, and a long time ago, I even made some custom figures out of legos that my brother and I had alot of fun with (good times). But in general I dont like proxying units as it can get confusing and you lose the whole awesomeness aspect of the game haha.

So axegrinders and dividers are good? I will see what I can find, thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion