Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 26th, 2022, 11:25 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Thanks for posting Garenex! Here's the post with picture attached:

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 018 - “The old unit was destroyed that day protecting her, but found the greater purpose it so desperately wanted. When the new unit came online, the smallest metal scrap of what remained of the old, all that could be found in the still smoking crater, was forged into its new construction. To honor its sacrifice, and his love for her.” (Happy Friday! See Everyone On Monday.)
The name of the image is "legends never die"
I agree this definitely seems to be Q10 v2.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 26th, 2022, 11:27 AM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Thanks for posting Garenex! Here's the post with picture attached:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 018 - “The old unit was destroyed that day protecting her, but found the greater purpose it so desperately wanted. When the new unit came online, the smallest metal scrap of what remained of the old, all that could be found in the still smoking crater, was forged into its new construction. To honor its sacrifice, and his love for her.” (Happy Friday! See Everyone On Monday.)
The name of the image is "legends never die"
I agree this definitely seems to be Q10 v2.
Oh my soulborg goodness... THIS is what I've been waiting for. I've loved the new characters we've seen, but I've been waiting for the soulborgs to come back. This is perfect.
Old August 26th, 2022, 11:31 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

hmmm...well if that is Q10 maybe the onmitsu from last week is Shiroi.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; August 26th, 2022 at 11:41 AM. Reason: maybe we get a redo of all 5 sotm "good guy" heroes
Old August 26th, 2022, 11:44 AM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

And this Q10v2 has a freaking hammer. Can't wait to see what that does!
Old August 26th, 2022, 12:02 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
He works as a carpenter and makes chairs for Vydars forces
Old August 26th, 2022, 12:04 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:
"Chairman Q10"
Old August 26th, 2022, 12:20 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
He's been promoted to Admin Q10, wielder of the banhammer.

EDIT: To add, maybe we'll see a Q9-like special attack from him? I love the armament he has. Though, based on the text, I can't help but wonder: will this version still have an emotional capacity?

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 26th, 2022, 12:53 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Or a big twist on things: he is Q11....

Establishing that the consciousness of a Soulborgs is transferred to a new hull/body after destruction and creating a storyline where Q9 is resurrected as Q10 and later then Q11. And DWs too?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 26th, 2022, 01:08 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaesShurrig View Post
Quote:
Quote:
"Chairman Q10"

The gun on his right hand is a nail gun
Old August 26th, 2022, 01:34 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaesShurrig View Post
Quote:
Quote:
"Chairman Q10"

The gun on his right hand is a nail gun
Nailed it.

Upset City Baby.
Old August 26th, 2022, 08:28 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, the new Q10 looks exciting. I wonder if it'll still be named "Major Q10," though; the notes seem to imply that it's an entirely new being, but running this unit alongside classic Q10 is just as thematically/chronologically problematic as fielding both Sgt. Drakes.
Old August 27th, 2022, 12:48 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A few talking points I thought about while at work today:
  • This is the third week of the same announcement schedule: Monday we see notes about a new faction, T-TH we see notes about specific units of said faction, and Friday we see an "aged" version of an existing hero. So far, each Friday hero has been from SotM. Which leads me to...
  • Based on what we've seen so far regarding the Friday hero notes, and assuming we'll be seeing aged versions of Raelin and Drake, this may mean we'll be seeing two more factions. Encarmine has stated, when asked which faction is his favorite, that we haven't seen them yet. (I can't remember when he said this, either this week or last - please fact-check me here if I'm wrinkling the timeline of info leaks.) If this is the case, then we'll likely be seeing at least one more faction.
  • Assuming the current pattern of announcements, we'll see a new faction next week plus either Raelin or Drake, and another new faction the following week plus whoever remains from Raelin and Drake. At the moment, I think this is likely. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the War Council throws us a curve ball next week, on either Monday (instead of a faction, we see other information about the generals, Valhalla, Haukeland, mechanics - who knows) or Friday (instead of an aged hero, we see any of the previously mentioned info topics OR an aged Marro Hive or a non-SotM character). But, going back to if the same announcement pattern continues, I land at the next point:
  • Two more weeks to cap off the aged SotM characters leaves us with two full weeks leading up to Pulse Con beginning on September 30th. I can't think of how the War Council would fill that gap. Certainly not with the same continued pattern, because both us the consumers and the marketing team know the cycle will become stale. Plus there's the matter of which two other aged heroes would be revealed on those two Fridays. A different avenue that's possible but unlikely is that we could see (vague) information on updated mechanics, unit abilities, AoA lore, updated geographic maps - maybe a new teaser video or a comic or something outside of the game itself. Realistically, though, I would be surprised if we see much of these elements before another major reveal (product details, release window, price, etc.). So I suppose I'm stumped at the moment about what we'll see in the latter half of September.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion