Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 11th, 2010, 06:42 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: All Snowed In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergeek View Post
You Texans/warm climate people crack me up.
How does one get snowed in with 3-5 inches of snow?
Ever tried to drive on 5 inches of unplowed snow (with ice beneath it)? A lot of cities in warmer climes don't have the equipment/resources to handle even a little snow.
Yeah, that's the biggest problem. I grew up in Kansas and Chicago where we didn't blink at this amount of snow. However, in Dallas there is no plowing at all. If the road doesn't receive heavy traffic, the snow really piles up.

Tomorrow should be interesting as the night time temps should drop and freeze everything.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old February 11th, 2010, 06:48 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanNinja View Post
We just had a horrible day-long blizzard two days ago, of course, none of us up here cared, we just drove through the foot of snow that collected on the road, went to school, went to work where people were still picking up their weekly groceries... etc.

Of course, our neighbors, who are from down south, were still blowing the snow out of the way today.

All that green would be red if it was up here, haha!
Haha, yeah, that day no classes were even canceled over here. Some of the public schools were canceled, but not my college. Well, the classes after 5 were eventually canceled, but all that affected for me was band practice, and my professor was mad at that, because it's extremely hard music, and we need the practice...

But yeah, I hate driving in snow, regardless of how much it is.
Old February 11th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Still going to Chas' tomorrow, in spite of the lovely NYC weather.

Old February 11th, 2010, 07:19 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Ever tried to drive on 5 inches of unplowed snow (with ice beneath it)? A lot of cities in warmer climes don't have the equipment/resources to handle even a little snow.
All the time, the city of Ames is notoriously bad at plowing. I didn't see anything about any ice. The temperature was 36 when I looked and the traffic cams showed only wet roads.
I do understand about the lack of snow removal equipment but, I still find it humorous.

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old February 12th, 2010, 09:05 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Yeah! Four player tonight here on my first castle/dungeon board, with Tablewalker, Kolakoski, and Sherman Davies. Good times in NYC! Come join us if you're ever passing through...
Old February 12th, 2010, 09:25 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
DFW got 9.4 inches of snow last night, a new record. So cut us Texans some slack this time, eh?

Old February 12th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That is a lot for a place not used to it. I remember when we got 18 inches in Louisville in 94, city was pretty much shut down for 3 days - UPS threatened to leave if it happened again so we made sure to buy snow equipment. Thankfully it's been needed on a somewhat regular basis.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:59 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ya we have nothing to handle this. Even the trucks that toss out a piddling amount of sand can't even get to the bridges. Everything has just stopped.

And thus... still my Heroscape languishes.... lament, lament..
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:04 AM

LMB knows what's in an order marker LMB knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Sounds like Kansas City... we get a few inches here and it's like, "Oh no, it's a Snownami!" And as you make your way to your destination you see cars and (even funnier) SUV's in the ditches by the side of the highways.

Contrast this with Michigan where we could get 12" overnight and it didn't even blip anyone's radar.

I guess it all comes down to what people are used to and ready to deal with. In Michigan where it starts snowing in October and doesn't finally melt off until March or April they know snow. At the first sign of new snow the salt trucks are out and the plows are running. Heck, if you have a pickup truck I think it might be required that you have a plow, you see them everywhere. Here we get a couple inches and it's a Snowpocalypse. But even here it's better than in Southern California where I grew up. There it makes the news for 3 days if it rains.

My custom Terrain and Units.

My HS pics
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:34 AM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB View Post

"Oh no, it's a Snownami!"

Here we get a couple inches and it's a Snowpocalypse.

ZOMG! It's...... SNOW!

LMB: Thank you for this... Quite funny.

I grew up on the west coast and then moved to the Mid West. I remember one time in Las Vegas, we got about an inch of snow and school was late, car accidents every where. When I moved to Wisconsin, and we got our first snowfall of about 4 inches. I was so excited cause there wasn't gonna be school and my uncle just laughed at me and said "Not a chance city boy"

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:38 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
Ya we have nothing to handle this. Even the trucks that toss out a piddling amount of sand can't even get to the bridges. Everything has just stopped.

BAH, stop being a panzy. I got into work in record time today. The roads were fine. Even my little sports coupe had no trouble getting from the north 'burbs to uptown.

Though, it appears that half of the office decided they couldn't "brave the roads". So, I don't have to worry about too many people passing by and catching me on Heroscapers

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old February 12th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post

BAH, stop being a panzy. I got into work in record time today. The roads were fine. Even my little sports coupe had no trouble getting from the north 'burbs to uptown.

Though, it appears that half of the office decided they couldn't "brave the roads". So, I don't have to worry about too many people passing by and catching me on Heroscapers
We are without power at my house. There have been several wrecks at our intersection in the last two days. My coworker totaled her car. I don't know Dignan. I would rather folks be careful.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion