Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old May 16th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: I'm gay

TY dok for that fantastic article - I think that it is very apropos to the situation and maybe can bring a little bit of understanding about what coming out actually means.

His dificulties with his father highlight the issue very well and how coming out has nothing to do with making the fact that one is gay the entirety of their being, but how other people make it that. For Will, it was just another facet of his life - to his dad though, nothing else mattered. He had to be punished for it. Heck, he still thinks it's just a phase or hopes so at least. At least he is dealing with it now - because that is what coming out is about. It's letting those around you know you for who you are and not hiding any part of your life to "protect" their feelings or other people's feelings.

Luckily, more and more people today are of the "so what" variety and far less are like Will's dad.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old May 16th, 2011, 05:18 PM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!

For the original post.

I am happy to hear you have learned about yourself and are becoming your own man. It is a hard thing to do for anyone, compounded by the ignorance of others who may discriminate against you. I wish you luck and hope you continue to receive the all important support of your friends.

I hope you find a good partner and fellow Heroscape fanatic.

If I could offer some advice, ovoid being labelled.

Define yourself by who you are, not what you are.

Just from your post this is a better definition of you.

Good Friend - people who are good friends have good friends.
Strong - Coming out isn't easy.
Questing - Trying to learn about yourself.
Loving & Loyal- You care about your family and the affect your coming out has on them.
Heroscape Fan - Obvious.

Gay is only one small piece of a larger picture.

Cheers,

Delphic

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.
Old May 16th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

I ethought that was an interesting article, Dok.

IMHO, this shouldn't change anything. Sujoah was a well respected member of our community before this announcement, and should continue to be so. Coming out like this should change nothing.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old May 16th, 2011, 06:19 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Rock on, Sujoah.

Cheers!

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old May 16th, 2011, 06:34 PM

crossgrain knows what's in an order marker crossgrain knows what's in an order marker

Sweet. I'm pretty happy too.

Old May 16th, 2011, 08:00 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

I believe that Sujoah will now gain respect... Looks like he already has.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old May 18th, 2011, 08:41 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by master of disaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
I've reported Master of Disaster's disgusting post. I haven't quoted it because I'm hoping to save the admins some work in their deletion.

Master of Disaster: you are a cretin (or possibly just young and misguided---if it's the latter please work on fixing it; I guess you'll have to start with the second bit as there's not much you can do about being young).
He stated openly who he is, and i stated openly how i felt about it.
I am sorry you took such a deep disliking to what i had to say.
However, i am not a cretin, nor young and misguided. I guess you feel its fine to make such accussations against me when you don't know nothing about me. What you said about me is no better than what i said in my previous suppossedly horriffic post.
Well, you certainly come across that way. Tell me, why, exactly, you hate gays so much. Just tell me why.
Old May 18th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
Well, you certainly come across that way. Tell me, why, exactly, you hate gays so much. Just tell me why.
I think MoD is, wisely, leaving this thread alone now after the response to his post. I don't think revisiting his vitriol is good for anyone.
Old May 18th, 2011, 09:01 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by master of disaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
I've reported Master of Disaster's disgusting post. I haven't quoted it because I'm hoping to save the admins some work in their deletion.

Master of Disaster: you are a cretin (or possibly just young and misguided---if it's the latter please work on fixing it; I guess you'll have to start with the second bit as there's not much you can do about being young).
He stated openly who he is, and i stated openly how i felt about it.
I am sorry you took such a deep disliking to what i had to say.
However, i am not a cretin, nor young and misguided. I guess you feel its fine to make such accussations against me when you don't know nothing about me. What you said about me is no better than what i said in my previous suppossedly horriffic post.
He never said he hated gays, he said he hated homosexuality. There's a big difference.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old May 18th, 2011, 09:42 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

This thread should be over.

Congrats to Sujoah. Hope he does well.

There's nothing for the rest of us to do here.

If we want to discuss gays and homosexuality as a community, go start/find a thread for that. This is not the right spot for it guys. (Especially since we've beat the other thing to death...or so I thought.)

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old May 18th, 2011, 09:59 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktheant View Post
He never said he hated gays, he said he hated homosexuality. There's a big difference.
But calling me what he did seems to show hate pretty profoundly...
Old May 18th, 2011, 11:07 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktheant View Post
But calling me what he did seems to show hate pretty profoundly...
This is an emotional topic for many. I'm not excusing prejudice. I am telling you what I hope that you already know, some people will hate you for something that is at the core of what you are.

Definition of PREJUDICE

: injury or damage resulting from some judgment or action of another in disregard of one's rights; especially : detriment to one's legal rights or claims

a (1) : preconceived judgment or opinion (2) : an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge b : an instance of such judgment or opinion c : an irrational [COLOR=#006400 !important][COLOR=#006400 !important]attitude[/COLOR][/COLOR] of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General