Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 30th, 2010, 02:05 PM

NovaRaptor is surprisingly tart
NovaRaptors customs reorganized and updated *3/20

Okay so after a long break from posting on the site, i feel its time to update the cards i've previously posted and to post some new ones.

This page also needed reorganizing. Everything sorted by General.

Ullar
Spoiler Alert!

Jandar
Spoiler Alert!

Einar
Spoiler Alert!

Vydar
Spoiler Alert!

Aquilla
Spoiler Alert!

Utgar
Spoiler Alert!

Valkrill
Spoiler Alert!

Neutral/Unaligned

Grim Reaper
Spoiler Alert!

The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Spoiler Alert!

Dragon Ball Z
Spoiler Alert!

Aliens/Xenomorphs
Spoiler Alert!

Halo
Master Chief
Spoiler Alert!

Arbiter
Spoiler Alert!

DISCLAMER! I did not make up the powers on these two cards. They are reworked from cards i found in other treads on this site. It was a long time ago i don't remember from where. All credit goes to the original authors. I just tweeked them.

Predators
Spoiler Alert!

Well, hope you all enjoyed our groups work and to all the 'scapers out there. Keep Hexing it up.

Last edited by NovaRaptor; March 20th, 2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old April 30th, 2010, 03:19 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Raptors eat your face customs

First, let me say, welcome to the community and with such an interesting start. Your cards seem very interesting and sound like great fun to play. I do have some suggestions for you.
Grim Reaper seems terribly powerful with Touch of Death. You might want to restrict that power to Squad figures only, or perhaps have 15+ for Squad figures and 20 for Uniques. That would tone him down just a hair, but maintain the flavour of the figure.
Apoc Lybse could use some wording change. Instead of 'When moving this figure from the board because of lethal damage, use My Cold, Dead Hand Grenade attack.' replace with the more simple, 'When Apoc Lybse is destroyed, you may immediately attack using his My Cold, Dead Hand Special Attack.' Also, since he cannot use the attack until he is destroyed, the first sentence is unnecessary.
For the Velociraptors, replace the text for Pack Movement with the more simple 'Before moving, chose any 6 Velociraptors you control to move. Before attacking, chose any 3 Velociraptors you control to attack.' Not From the Front, But The Side needs the words 'Special Attack' after it, and change the wording to 'If 3 Velociraptors you control are adjacent to the same enemy figure, they may roll their attack dice as one combined attack. The defending figure compares height to the lowest Velociraptor to determine any height advantage.' Don't Go Into The Long Grass should read 'When attacking with a Velociraptor that is adjacent to any tree or jungle piece, you may add two additional attack dice to its normal attack.' Also, you might want to up there cost just a hair to 90. That seems a fairer cost for what they can do.
Both Apoc Lybse and the Velociraptors need the word 'Points' added to the point cost.
I do like the modified cards. They are real goodlooking. You might want to tone down the leaves on the left side of the text box on Velociraptors though. It too close to the text. And the goo on Apoc Lybse is interesting, but looks unfinished. Or maybe it's me.
Overall, great work. I look forward to future posts from your group.

PS, I almost forgot, to help get your wording on powers more in line with official wording, check out this website. It is updated with every figure in Scape and an excellent reference to boot.
Old April 30th, 2010, 04:20 PM

Thanks Wulfhunter for the indepth response. I guess i should go over your suggestions. I really wanted to get the feel of the myth that is the Grim Reaper and i admit it is powerful, i personally thought it was toned down because technically he should just be able to touch and kill things. So aleast you have to touch him to be destroyed. But i also have prefere for things to be alittle over the top so thats just me.
As for Apoc Lybse thanks for the wording correction. No matter how many times i went over that in my head it never sounded right. So i eneded up with that. As for the "goo" on his card, its supposed to be ice. i guess i fail.
Great suggestions for the Velociraptors although to defend my wording on Pack movement and Not form the front but the sides, i stole the wording directly from the zombies of Morindan. So if it sounds funny its hasbro's fault. For Don't go into the long grass, i want to stick with something generic like "scenery objects" so their power would would work with the ruins pieces and other custom pieces i may get in the future.
I also purposfully avoid the "points" in the point draft box because if the marvel cards don't need "dice" and "move" or "range". I didn't thing points mattered all that much. Again most of this is just my personel feelings on this. I liked some of your suggestions and will be implimenting them.

thanks again.
Old April 30th, 2010, 05:54 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

those are some awesome guys!
to stick my 2 cents in about Apoc Lypse, I'd either power up the grenades, or let them blast 2 spaces away. It'll raise the pionts a tad bit, but make him a little more usable. I won't use the AE's grenades unless Im sure they can kill sumthin. I wouldn't wanna waste their attack. I know it's an oppurtunity move, but I'm just suggesting it.
I love Death though!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 30th, 2010, 06:17 PM

Thanks for the imput Flameslayer. I actually agree with what you said. His grenade attack is to weak, even though i made the card. I really wanted a low point hero for Jandar that wasn't a viking. Your right about the Airborne Elite, i won't use the grenade power unless i know something is dying. But honestly i f he is unusuable i'm happy with that cause he turned out exactly the way i wanted.

Thanks for all the comments so far. And sorry if i sound like i'm shooting down all the suggestions. Just how come off i suppose.
Old May 8th, 2010, 11:07 PM

Mage Machine is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Maybe instead of adding more life to the reaper you could try more defense so he's not as worried about squads (which I see tearing him apart.)
Apoc could probably use use one more attack (reffering to his normal attack) so that he is more comparable to guilty in offense.

Just wanted to add that they're very cool units Raptor. Nice abilities and themes.
Old May 9th, 2010, 06:46 PM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker

Welcome to the site NovaRaptor! Your cards look great! I haven't seen any one change the card image on classic cards since SilverStoner. I also like the Grim Reaper. On playtesting, I'd say 245 points may even be a little high, a single squad of most ranged units would rip him apart in a single turn, but if he gets engaged to them, they will be in big trouble! As they should be, they shot at the Grim Reaper!

I like your soldier, I often have trouble making unique heroes that end up under 100 points, this seems like a good addition to the Airborne Elite that could work like a kamikaze unit.

Also love the velociraptors, you may be interested in Evil beagle's custom dinosaurs. I haven't read through the thread myself, but considering it was on the front page for a long time it must have been well done.
Old May 9th, 2010, 07:06 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Blood View Post
Welcome to the site NovaRaptor! Your cards look great! I haven't seen any one change the card image on classic cards since SilverStoner. I also like the Grim Reaper. On playtesting, I'd say 245 points may even be a little high, a single squad of most ranged units would rip him apart in a single turn, but if he gets engaged to them, they will be in big trouble! As they should be, they shot at the Grim Reaper!

I like your soldier, I often have trouble making unique heroes that end up under 100 points, this seems like a good addition to the Airborne Elite that could work like a kamikaze unit.

Also love the velociraptors, you may be interested in Evil beagle's custom dinosaurs. I haven't read through the thread myself, but considering it was on the front page for a long time it must have been well done.
Evil Beagle does have quite a few Dinosaurs (I'm one of the three people that regularly make posts on the thread) but many are on other prehistoric creatures, many from the TV show Primeval. We're always looking for more people to discuss the cards, so please come and join the thread.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old May 12th, 2010, 09:58 PM

evil beagle 111 Woo who?
Re: Raptors eat your face customs *update on 5/10

hello, it's nice to see someone else making dinosaurs cards. however, there are a few problems: 1. the low speed of the spino and rex. in reality, these would have been noticably faster than humans(although probably slower than speed-specialized animals like ornithomimids and raptors) because of their huge strides. if we assume an animals stride will half its body length, and that a t. rex sized animal or larger will take a step about every 3 seconds. that means a t. rex or larger will move about 18 metres every ten seconds. also, I find having the spino with a larger attack than the t. rex a bit odd- a spinosaurs jaws were designed for holding and trapping small prey like fish, whilst the t. rexs jaws were designed for mincing large prey like ceratopsids. so, I would say bring down the spinos attack, but crank up its defence, and increase the rex's attack and both dinosaurs speed.
(disclaimer: this entire rant is based on science, not game balance)

stats for dinosaurs:http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=22638
the beagles are coming to eat us all!
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:48 AM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Good Dinosaur customs, Nova. I was just going to say that-- oh...Evil Beagle already said it all. But yes, scientifically he's right on all accounts.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old May 14th, 2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil beagle 111 View Post
hello, it's nice to see someone else making dinosaurs cards. however, there are a few problems: 1. the low speed of the spino and rex. in reality, these would have been noticably faster than humans(although probably slower than speed-specialized animals like ornithomimids and raptors) because of their huge strides. if we assume an animals stride will half its body length, and that a t. rex sized animal or larger will take a step about every 3 seconds. that means a t. rex or larger will move about 18 metres every ten seconds. also, I find having the spino with a larger attack than the t. rex a bit odd- a spinosaurs jaws were designed for holding and trapping small prey like fish, whilst the t. rexs jaws were designed for mincing large prey like ceratopsids. so, I would say bring down the spinos attack, but crank up its defence, and increase the rex's attack and both dinosaurs speed.
(disclaimer: this entire rant is based on science, not game balance)
Well...your post was very informative in a "i went to Wiki and copy, paste" kinda way. I must admit your right about their movement. Although i was aiming for more of a good game play stand point than trying to get them scientificly into a young adults plastic board game. Although i didn't say this earlier, the t-rex and spino are loosely based off of Jurrasic Park. Hence why the Spino is a wee bit stronger than the T-rex (even though im not a fan of the spino myself). But it does make me wonder how you can throw science at a board game that takes place in Valhalla and has zombies and Lava creatures running around. Do you not use them cause their scientificlly impossible or do you only use this argument when you want to bash someones cards.

In the end i'm kinda surprised at some of the responses i've gotten so far. When i was a lurker i always saw positive and costructive feed back in custom threads and expected the same. And when i saw the treads that where dedicated to producing a high quality unit for balanced and fair use i thought that was something i could relate to. But i was obviouslly mistaken. Either my customs are nowhere near level i thought, after the hours of designing and weeks of playtesting or a new guy like me just can't wiggle his way into this community.

All i really wanted to do was present something that may not have been done yet. Something with a unique idea that others may get inspired by, like i was when i first came to the site. I really enjoy seeing other peoples work and hoped that you all would enjoy mine. That is obviously not the case here.

So hopefully in the future i can get feedback on the game and how my customs play into it. Instead of a scientific breakdown of how my cards would get me a failing grade on my term paper.

Thanks to all that care.(you know who you are).
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:43 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

LOL at "Not from the Front, but from the sides" and "Don't go into the long grass!", although the quote mentioned tall grass, not long grass if I remember the part from Lost World correctly!

BTW: Where did you find figs for the spino and Big T?

Your curiosity will be the death of you....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards