Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 23rd, 2022, 09:32 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Foggy Nelson - VOTE for Public Playtesting

Yea
Old March 23rd, 2022, 10:46 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old March 28th, 2022, 12:17 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Bump
Old March 28th, 2022, 12:42 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

yea
Old March 28th, 2022, 09:38 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yea
Old March 29th, 2022, 10:03 AM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This Passes for Playtesting!
Old April 10th, 2022, 12:15 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Foggy Nelson - Public Playtesting

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: FOGGY NELSON/MAGGIA DROPSITE
VERSION TESTED
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: MAGGIA DROPSITE
Units: Foggy Nelson (30), Matt Murdock (80), Daredevil (I) (180), Oracle (110), Batman (I) (200), Robin (Dick) (100) (700) vs TMNT (700)
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

UNIT SUMMARY: Foggy combos well with Matt Murdock and either Daredevil. He combos well with Luke and Jessica Jones as well. Right now I think Nelson and Murdock letting Matt block two figure attack phases per round is a bit too strong for what he costs. I think that needs to be dialed back somehow, even if just through raising his cost. Other changes that could be made would probably have to be on Matt’s card (like limiting the defensive bit to once per round, which would make the attack part or Criminal Discovery better options).

For Criminal Discovery, you never really want to put an “X” on Foggy instead of a Matt Murdock, so I think the cost is wrong right now. Putting an “X” on him just doesn’t work within his synergy group. In a lot of match ups, enemy figures simply don’t mind becoming Criminals. Unless some other bonus comes from making figures criminals or you build your army around it, it really doesn’t matter. If you *do* build your army around it, and Daredevil (I) can work that, it’s tough to also build your army around really wanting to know where OM’s are placed. OM viewing powers are always tough to gauge in solo tests, though.

The big thing I’d suggest for Criminal Discovery is to make it based on choosing a figure in clear sight of Foggy (forces him just a tad more into the action) rather than an unrevealed Order Marker on Foggy. You might even make it like “within 10 clear sight spaces” to make it more of a cost. The counterbalance would be you could either make the Criminal Class a disruptive “instead of” classing, or you could add a bonus like +1 defense against Criminal Figures somewhere (like for Matt, Foggy, and Clients).

MAP SUMMARY:

Overall Look: I’m not biased, and I love it. It drips with theme and is really evocative and it’s fun to have all the DO’s on there.

Stability: Also played it on TTS but no noticeable issues. You’ll just want to make sure you have stable shipping containers.

Build difficulty: Should be straight forward. Building the shipping containers themselves is more difficult.

Size: They told me size doesn’t matter. Nah, in seriousness, it doesn’t take that long to get into the action but start zone bombing isn’t easy on it, so it seems a good size for a competitive map.

Unit types positively affected: None of the figures I played felt too dominant on it, though the shipping containers were the choice placement so, yes, ranged flyers/jumpers like it. Figure movers also like it, especially with the chance to toss Toxic Waste Barrels. It’s no lava map, though.

Unit types negatively affected: Slow moving, melee only figures do struggle a bit more but a lot of LOS blockers and anti-range defensive boosts helps.

Key areas on the Map: Height on top of shipping containers and any of the areas around the plants/palm trees.

Areas not used much or at all: Most of the action in my games focused on either the shipping containers or the asphalt patch between them as figures tried to cross over and attack shooters. The Parked 18-wheelers were cool LOS blockers for start zone figures, but didn’t really come into play, and the Porta Johns didn’t feel terribly relevant either.

As I mentioned earlier, I wonder if there should be more of a reward for aggressive figures crossing into the center of the map (like a glyph in the asphalt area) to discourage just camping on shipping containers and sniping at each other. I did use different parts of the map during my different plays, though, which was cool.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 11th, 2022, 01:11 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the test Bats. Looks like Foggy needs some reworking again. Maybe we drop Criminal Discovery all together like previously suggested, then work on fixing his sole remaining power.
Old April 11th, 2022, 02:54 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think the biggest thing with Criminal Discovery is the OM restriction doesn’t work. Something like picking a figure in clear sight to look at OMs instead would work. Especially if a future Fighter/Crime Fighter cares about Criminals or a future Vigilante Daredevil buddy cares about OM placement.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 13th, 2022, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think the biggest thing with Criminal Discovery is the OM restriction doesn’t work. Something like picking a figure in clear sight to look at OMs instead would work. Especially if a future Fighter/Crime Fighter cares about Criminals or a future Vigilante Daredevil buddy cares about OM placement.
So if we go back to Murdock and limit his Public Defender to once per round, what kind of process would that entail?

Would it be easier just to modify Foggy at this point? I think I would prefer just to add once per round limiting language to Matt, but procedurally, if that is more difficult, then I'm open to working on Foggy's power without touching Matt.
Old April 13th, 2022, 01:22 PM

That’s a question for the Heroes. I agree that’d be better in terms of overall design, though.

Old April 13th, 2022, 01:51 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

It would involve a proposal and a vote by the Heroes. Not saying it can't happen, but we did recently vote down a mechanical design change under the premise that we've been too loose with doing those recently. (I think one could argue that the change in question was less important though.)

Fwiw, I feel like there's plenty of room to make Nelson and Murdock power work without changing Matt.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library