Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 29th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Omnicron Repulsors - what's your army idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Looks like we FINALLY have a counter to the Blastas/Gladis army!
Absolutely. The first few cards Truth posted have been cool, but they haven't stoked the HS flames like these new Repulsers. Prepare to proxy!

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:11 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Looks like we FINALLY have a counter to the Blastas/Gladis army!
Absolutely. The first few cards Truth posted have been cool
Agreed - the Trons don't want to see the Repulsors. As soon as one Blastatron misses early in the round, they're cringing when that D20 is rolled. They'll have to put markers onto the Glads to try and kill the Repulsors before the Blasts shoot.

I don't think the Q brothers are too crazy about them either. The ability to wound Q9 on a 1-4 shot is really cool, especially if you have more than one engaged. Not to mention that if the Queglix Gun is blocked once, that could be the end of his round.

Oh, and my deepest apologies to the Deathwalkers - because they needed a whole COMMON SQUAD OF SONLEN'S!

I'm thinking maybe these guys are just part of an army, and not the basis for one. Maybe Repulsors x2 and Zetacron for 140 points of anti-soulborg-ness, then fill it out with whatever else. Maybe Cyprien, since these guys cover his Soulborg weakness?

Cyprien - 150
Sonya - 195
Repulsors x3 - 315
Nilfheim - 500?

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:14 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
<snip> Oh, and my deepest apologies to the Deathwalkers.
Does this mean Runa gets a boost in some odd way... nah probably not... I tried KC.

-insert signature here-
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I'm thinking maybe these guys are just part of an army, and not the basis for one. Maybe Repulsors x2 and Zetacron for 140 points of anti-soulborg-ness, then fill it out with whatever else.
I was thinking about the same thing. They are a nice boost to a Knights army, adding a ranged element and some anti-Rats.

Gilbert 105
Knights x3 315
Repulsors/Zeta 455 (add a 3rd set of repulsors for 495; or Eldgrim or another Champion depending on point totals--nice to put a Finn Spirit on Zeta, of course, as long as you can keep Z alive...)

This should be fun!
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:16 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Oh, and my deepest apologies to the Deathwalkers - because they needed a whole COMMON SQUAD OF SONLEN'S!
Yeah, it's just absolutely brutal. And just after the Deathstalkers got upgraded to C+, we're gonna have to kick them back down.

Quote:
I'm thinking maybe these guys are just part of an army, and not the basis for one. Maybe Repulsors x2 and Zetacron for 140 points of anti-soulborg-ness, then fill it out with whatever else.
Well, teaming them with the snipers makes for a complete army, albeit one that, as lonewolf points out, is gonna get smoked by stingers or 4th (or knights, probably.)
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Taelord 180
Snipers x2 380
Repulsors x3 500
16 hexes
Until attrition kicks in, that is just sick

~Aldin, throwing four doubled dice from height
Yeah, though I'm sure you'd have a game or two where you completely smoke the oppositon in about 15 minutes. That alone may be worth it. You may go 1-4 at a tourney but the one win will be the fastest in Scape history (and all that anyone will talk about).
This army was my first thought too (and fomox's, it seems). Taelord/Snipers is a great combination anyway and this build will be great against heroes.

A variant that should give more staying power, hoping that the repulsor boost is sufficient for the deadly shooters:

Omnicron Snipers x2: 200
Zetacron: 60
Nakita Agents: 120
Repulsors x3: 120
Total: 500pts, 20 hexes.
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:19 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Quote:
I was thinking about the same thing. They are a nice boost to a Knights army, adding a ranged element and some anti-Rats.

Gilbert 105
Knights x3 315
Repulsors/Zeta 455 (add a 3rd set of repulsors for 495; or Eldgrim or another Champion depending on point totals)

This should be fun!
How about teaming them with figures that hate soulborgs?

150 Cyprien
45 Sonya
180 Marrden Hounds x2
120 Repulsors x3
495, 23 hexes
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:27 AM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

My Army Idea
160 - Omnicron Repulsers x4
460 - Omnicron Snipers x3
520 - Zetacron

That's a little fragile, though.

Maybe Something Like this as a base:
160 - Omnicron Repulsers x4
220 - Zetacron
370 - Cyprien Esenwein
415 - Sonya Esenwein

Because the repulsers are so amazing at screening(from what I can tell) and dealing with Q9, why not pair them up with the best figure on the board when the Borgs are dealt with? So many possibilities..*drool*

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:41 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

120 Kaemon
100 Marcus
100 2 x Romans
80 2 x Repulsors
50 MBS
50 Marro Warriors

David
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:42 AM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Here's what I'd like to try:

Repulsors x 2 - 80
Zetacron - 60
Taelord - 180
Hounds x 2 - 180

Total 500 points, 21 Hexes

I'd send one squad of repulsors forward for Targetting beacon, while using the other squad to shoot with (boosted by Taelord). Once the first squad of repulsors is dead, send in the second, and use Zetacron to fire. Use the hounds either before or after the Omnicrons, depending on enemy army composition.
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:54 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
<snip> Oh, and my deepest apologies to the Deathwalkers.
Does this mean Runa gets a boost in some odd way... nah probably not... I tried KC.
Nah... we're gonna need my Non-Official Exclusive to win the contest if we wanna find some help for Runa. And, even then, it won't be Official help

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 29th, 2009, 12:08 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Taelord 180
Snipers x2 380
Repulsors x3 500
16 hexes
Until attrition kicks in, that is just sick

~Aldin, throwing four doubled dice from height
Yeah, though I'm sure you'd have a game or two where you completely smoke the oppositon in about 15 minutes. That alone may be worth it. You may go 1-4 at a tourney but the one win will be the fastest in Scape history (and all that anyone will talk about).
This army was my first thought too (and fomox's, it seems). Taelord/Snipers is a great combination anyway and this build will be great against heroes.

A variant that should give more staying power, hoping that the repulsor boost is sufficient for the deadly shooters:

Omnicron Snipers x2: 200
Zetacron: 60
Nakita Agents: 120
Repulsors x3: 120
Total: 500pts, 20 hexes.
What attrition?

If they can get through the repulsor screen with lots of figures left, then yeah, but that seems like a very big "if" to me. They'll eventually kill all the repulsors, but probably not have killed any snipers. And during that, you're raining down 3 attacks of 3-4 (with the occasional round of weak repulsor attacks for repositioning).

I think it's a solid 3-2 or 4-1 army. And some of those will be very enjoyable slaughters. Not sure what I'd add for day 2, though. (75-Zetacron, Isamu, 100-3rd set of snipers, 140-Raelin, repulsors, Marcu)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion