Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 12th, 2021, 03:26 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Spider-Woman (Ashley Barton) ~ Public Testin

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Spider-Woman (Ashley)

Version tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: City Park
Units: Spider-Woman (Ashley) (160), Spider-Man (Otto), Spider-UK, Ghost-Spider, Spider-Man (Assassin) (1000) VS Doctor Octopus (Sinister Six), Kraven, Electro, Sandman, Vulture and Mysterio (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: City Park
Units: Spider-Woman (Ashley) (160), The Enforcers, Hobgoblin (900) VS Mister Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch and Crystal (900)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I like Spider Strike a lot. Make an Example felt a little underwhelming to me, but I never had any close initiative rolls and the destroying part is going to come up less often. But I don't have any issue with it. She's fun with the Enforcers.
Old June 15th, 2021, 12:13 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I really like this design. Gonna have to get caught up on the Spider-Faction.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old June 22nd, 2021, 10:16 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

From JoshuaQuinn:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaQuinn
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Spider-Woman Ashley Barton

Army Test
Map: Sacred Shrine
Units: Kingpin, Hired Guns, Hobgoblin, Absorbing Man vs Manticore, Positron, Yellow Jacket, Wasp, Shield Sniper, Mad Hatter, Skycycle Hawkeye, Black Knight

Spider-Woman found herself back to work for the Kingpin in this match trying to recover the artifact from the sacred shrine. The real heroes of the game were the Hired Guns and Hobgoblin. Early in the game the hired guns took out Manticore and put a hard hit on several other units. Eventually they took out Hawkeye and Mad Hatter. Absorbing Man went in and did some damage but couldn’t take anyone down. He was eventually taken out by Positron. Kingpin and Black Knight fought for control of the sacred artifact for several rounds until Kingpin finally overpowered the knight. Spider-Woman snuck up on Wasp and took her out. Leaving Yellow Jacket Devistated. Positron then eliminated Spider-Woman mid way through the game. With Black Knight out of the game the rest fell pretty quickly. Yellow Jackets heartache couldn’t withstand the constant peppering from Hobgoblin and fell quickly. From there Hobgoblin and the Hired Guns made short work of Positron and then the Mad Hatter. The shield sniper did his best to hold off the inevitable, but eventually Hobgoblin took him down as well.

The game ended with Kingpin (-1 Health); Hobgoblin (Full Health); 2 Hired Guns.

Army Test
Map: Swamp Lab
Units: Nebula, Viper, Hired Guns, Intergang Agents, Juggernaut vs Swamp Thing, Deathstroke, Solomon Grundy, Moon Knight, Black Manta

Spider-Woman took her place as the Crime Lord she was meant to be. She partnered with the hired guns and Nebula for an extra boost. The game started with Black Manta making a move on the lab and Deathstroke striding into the battle. The Hired Guns once again proved their worth by intercepting Deathstroke while Spider-Woman, the Intergang Agents, Nebula and Viper went to work on Black Manta. The hired guns eliminated Deathstroke within 2-3 rounds. While the barrage of Spider-Woman’s Spider strike and the Nebula-Viper team up took down Black Manta while he was busing trying to take care of the Intergang Agents. Swamp thing was in the battle then along with Solomon Grundy and Moon Knight. After a lot of maneuvering Swamp Thing, Solomon Grundy and Juggernaut found themselves duking it out. Moon Knight was left to deal with the Fem Fatales and fell quickly in one of the last rounds. Juggernaut eventually fell to the blows of the other two power houses but he did enough damage for Spider-Woman to use her Spider Strike to deal the final blow to Solomon Grundy, lowering Swamp things defense. He made a retreat but found he couldn’t run from Nebula and Viper who overtook him and ended the green.

Spider-Woman (Full Health); Nebula (-3), Viper (Full), Intergang Agent (1 left), Hired Guns (2 left)

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Spider-Woman was a little more fun to play with in the second game as I was much more aggressive with her. However, I never really felt like her “make an example” power was super powerful. -2 initiative never came in to play; maybe increase that to 5 or something to make it have some weight, or -2 for each wound inflicted. The -1 defense also wasn’t a big deal. There are so many ways to bolster defense it really didn’t help a ton and only works if you do damage in round 1 or 2 slightly. I would maybe boost that to -2. I know she is a low point value, but that is my thought on her.

She paired well with the hired guns but I hated never getting to use her. With the range and height advantage the hired guns could roll 4 and felt a little more powerful for a lower point value. If there was someone like Viper who could pair with her that would be good (Viper can only pair with Assassins or Mercenaries. I liked Nebula because if Spider-Woman didn’t do damage then Nebula could have a second shot so that was nice.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
Spider-Woman has some neat powers and some things that I would want to play with but if it came down to it I don’t think I would grab her on the regular. For a similar point value I would choose viper or the hired guns probably. Just my thoughts. Good luck finishing her out.
Old June 22nd, 2021, 10:33 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I think we should overhaul "Making an Example" a tad. Both tests so far seem to show it being lackluster, and I know Bats said he didn't like the memory aspect of it. I'll think on it throughout the day, and would welcome other thoughts too! Just want to still make her a good draft with Otto.

Here's a quick thought off the top of my head, which would keep the Superior Spidey synergy and make it easier to trigger. We lose the defense subtraction but I'm not sure if we loved that anyway.

Quote:
If a figure you control would inflict any number of wounds on an opponents' figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Spider-Woman, place a Red Example Marker on this card, to a maximum of 4(?). At the start of the next round, remove all Example markers from this card and add the number or removed markers to your initiative roll.
Old June 23rd, 2021, 11:27 AM
...has moist legs

Another thought could be to just reuse Demoralizing Presence from Leatherface (Or tweak it as needed)

Quote:
DEMORALIZING PRESENCE
When rolling for initiative, each opponent must subtract 1 from their roll for each Order Marker on the Army Card of a figure they control without the Fearless personality that is within 4 clear sight spaces of Leatherface.
Thoughts?
Old June 23rd, 2021, 11:33 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I do like Demoralizing Presence. Does it kind of defeat the point of pairing her with Otto though? You want OMs on her to help him win initiative, but then if you win, you want OMs on him to take double turns.
Old June 23rd, 2021, 11:38 AM
...has moist legs

The OMs need to be on opponent's cards, not Ashley. It's a passive power. She's just not wearing other people's skin so it's a bit iffy thematically without some sort of tweak.

Without the defense reduction, we could kick up her life to 5 (On Par with her thematic buddy Assassin Spidey) if that keeps her at 160.
Old June 23rd, 2021, 11:43 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Ah yeah, I forgot how the power works lol.
Old June 23rd, 2021, 11:58 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I actually like that reuse a good bit here.
Old June 23rd, 2021, 12:17 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

That's a good reuse.
Old June 23rd, 2021, 01:17 PM
...has moist legs

Cool. I think I'll go with that, and bump up her life one. It might be easier to get the Initiative boost now, but you do lose the defense reduction, and a little more durability helps her on the front lines.
Old June 30th, 2021, 09:03 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Spider-Woman

Army Test 1
Map: Castle Dracula (Custom Map)
Units: Team 1 (1,000): Spider-Woman (160), Otto (260), Spider-UK (210), Ghost-Spider (190), Assassin (180)
Team 2 (1,000): Iron Man (Avengers) (270), Ms. Marvel (Carol) (350), Spider-Woman (210), Black Widow (170)

Pre-game thoughts: Gwen and Assassin are the Reinforcements

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

Post-game thoughts: One of those games where it really looked like the Spiders had it in the first half, but really faltered in the second. Barton felt useful here, especially in R2 when she was able to subtract a whole -4 from the enemy’s initiative, leading to a switch.

Army Test 2
Map: Castle Dracula (Custom Map)
Units: Team 1 (1,000): Spider-Woman (Barton) (160), Otto (260), Captain Universe (350), Ghost-Spider (190), Spider-Cat (40)
Team 2 (1,000): Nick Fury (220), SHIELD Agents x3 (330), Captain America (C3G II) (220), Spider-Woman (Drew) (210), Scorpion (120)

Pre-game thoughts: Barton and Gwen are the Reinforcements. Cap picks Spider-Woman (Drew) and Scorpion as his Avengers

Summary of the game:
Spoiler Alert!

NOTE: I played Pheromone Distraction (“When an opponent’s figure...ends its movement”) as triggering before Spider Strike (“After moving and before attacking”), which would’ve mattered 2 times.

Post-game thoughts: Close game! Demoralizing Presence definitely affected OM placement once Fury went down. I like how that power works a lot, and it fits good here.

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Feels just about perfect! She feels like she affects gameplay for sure, but not majorly, which is spot-on what I want from a character at this level.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Feels great!
Here you go! I made sure to use Spider-Woman (Drew) in both games, just to make life difficult for you. (I tried to avoid it, but she fit perfect in both enemy armies.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library