Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 21st, 2012, 02:35 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Chicagoland September Showdown

When: Saturday, September 22nd @ 1:15 PM

Where: Games-Plus (101 West Prospect Avenue Mount Prospect, IL 60056)

Format: Vanilla 555

Allowed: C3V and SoV

Maps: BYOBOV!

Fees/Prizes: $5/Store Credit? or we can do free play.

What's up with the weird start time? That's when the trains get into Mount Prospect!

What's up with the weird point total? Odd numbers was starting to seem like a theme...

Until these last few tournaments, I never thought I'd have the terrain needed to get a meet-up together. But after seeing just how willing the community is to bring maps, I think we can do this! I can build four BoV style maps, which is good up to seven people...

So, if there's a map you think would be good for competitive play, whether of your own design or someone else's, bring it!

Who's coming?

Attending:
Shedim +1 (Sidewinder, Elswin Plateau, If you can't take the heat..., Bad Moon Rising)
Sam
GaryLASQ +2 (Genapolis Rift)
Infectedsloth +2 (Hot Heights, Ticalla Sunrise**, Ruins at Fort McAda)
vegietarian18 +1 (Concrete Jungle)
Paul (Broken Skyline**)
boromir96 (Invasion*)
SF4
Evar
BenQ

Maybe:
boromir96's +2

Last edited by Shedim Kabal; September 23rd, 2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: *Corrected **Not Used
Old August 21st, 2012, 03:26 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Chicagoland September Showdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
When: Saturday, September 22nd @ 1:15 PM

Where: Games-Plus (101 West Prospect Avenue Mount Prospect, IL 60056)

Format: Vanilla 555

Allowed: C3V and SoV

Maps: BYOBOV!

Fees/Prizes: $5/Store Credit? or we can do free play.

What's up with the weird start time: That's when the trains get into Mount Prospect!

What's up with the weird point total: Odd numbers was starting to seem like a theme...

Until these last few tournaments, I never thought I'd have the terrain needed to get a meet-up together. But after seeing just how willing the community is to bring maps, I think we can do this! I can build four BoV style maps, which is good up to seven people...

So, if there's a map you think would be good for competitive play, whether of your own design or someone else's, bring it!

Who's coming?

Attending:
Shedim (Sidewinder, Elswin Plateau, If you can't take the heat..., Bad Moon Rising)
Sam

Maybe:
You can put me as a maybe, but I doubt I'll be able to make it. I like the unrestricted build and the larger point total, But 1:15 seems kinda late, you'd be able to get more rounds in if you started earlier....

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:44 AM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm flexible about the start time, if earlier is easier for the peeps.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 11:42 AM

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I'm flexible about the start time, if earlier is easier for the peeps.
It's not necessarily easier, we'd just have more time for 'Scape! I don't think getting a ride would be that hard,(of course that's asuming Vegie and his Dad will be going) it's getting my parents to let me take the ride that's the hard part...

Last edited by boromir96; August 22nd, 2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 12:57 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Spencer, Guy and I will be there! GaryLASQ +2
Old August 23rd, 2012, 02:50 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I should be able to make this one plus some others, I'll also be able to bring some maps, I'll let you know how many and which ones as the date gets closer.

I'm really happy with the inclusion of C3V/SoV to my knowledge it is the first tournament in Illinois that has allowed them. If you want to use customs but don't own any, my collection is open for anyone to borrow from. Here is my collection as of right now.

Arashara Gohshiri
Command Courier x3
Deathstrike Thrall x3
Haduc
Havech Eradicators x4
Marro Gnids
Martial La Hire
Myrddin
Nicolas Esenwein
Preyblood Thralls x3
Ulfrid Hornwrangler
Van Nessing
Zettian Infantry x4
Zogross Hardscale

I also have Hoplitron x3 and Brimstone so if they get inducted I can also loan them out.

Edit: if you don't know what the figures do you can find there cards here

Last edited by infectedsloth; August 23rd, 2012 at 08:14 AM. Reason: See the post below
Old August 23rd, 2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
I should be able to make this one plus some others, I'll also be able to bring some maps, I'll let you know how many and which ones as the date gets closer.

I'm really happy with the exclusion of C3V/SoV to my knowledge it is the first tournament in Illinois that has allowed them. If you want to use customs but don't own any, my collection is open for anyone to borrow from. Here is my collection as of right now.

Arashara Gohshiri
Command Courier x3
Deathstrike Thrall x3
Haduc
Havech Eradicators x4
Marro Gnids
Martial La Hire
Myrddin
Nicolas Esenwein
Preyblood Thralls x3
Ulfrid Hornwrangler
Van Nessing
Zettian Infantry x4
Zogross Hardscale

I also have Hoplitron x3 and Brimstone so if they get inducted I can also loan them out.

Edit: if you don't know what the figures do you can find there cards here
You mean inclusion? You have a nice collection!

Old August 23rd, 2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Spencer, Guy and I will be there! GaryLASQ +2
Super cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post

I'm really happy with the inclusion of C3V/SoV to my knowledge it is the first tournament in Illinois that has allowed them. If you want to use customs but don't own any, my collection is open for anyone to borrow from.
Dude. Bringing people, maps, and sharing customs? You are a gentleman and a scholar. Plus a kick@$$ Heroscaper!
Old August 23rd, 2012, 09:56 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I'm coming, and my dad is too. We'll bring one map for sure, but if you need more than that, let me know.

As for the time, the earlier the better IMO, because I'd like to get 5 rounds in, be able to drive home, eat dinner and not get home too late.

What are the thoughts on glyphs? None?
Old August 24th, 2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I'm coming, and my dad is too. We'll bring one map for sure, but if you need more than that, let me know.
Alright! Excellent news. We'll hammer out how many maps are needed closer to the date, but I'll give you at least a week's notice if I need more than one!

Quote:
Generally, if a map calls for a specific glyph, I'd like it to have it. If it calls for a random, then those should come from the glyph pool, and be placed power side up before sides are called.

Almost all the treasure glyphs are fine, so unless there's a fear about one, any random t-glyph will do for unknown treasure glyphs if a map calls for those.

Glyph Pool (tentative)
Dagmar (Initiative)
Kelda (Healer)
Lodin (Lucky d20)
Oreld (Intercept Order)
Valda (Move)
Wannok (Wound)

But it doesn't bother me if the maps you design or pick do or don't have glyphs, if that's a question.
Old August 25th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Generally, if a map calls for a specific glyph, I'd like it to have it. If it calls for a random, then those should come from the glyph pool, and be placed power side up before sides are called.
For the most part, I don't like it when battlefields are designed with built-in glyphs. I always thought glyphs were just meant to be part of a scenario. (And a battlefield can have any number of scenarios designed for it, of course.) I guess what usually happens is someone designs a battlefield, and points out the start zones and glyphs for a default kill-em-all scenario, without breaking it out as a scenario and giving it a different name than the name of the battlefield.

Every tournament I've ever been at has had the glyphs placed symbol-side up, not power-side up. If we went with power-side up, how would sides be called? A D20 roll?

Quote:
Glyph Pool (tentative)
Dagmar (Initiative)
Kelda (Healer)
Lodin (Lucky d20)
Oreld (Intercept Order)
Valda (Move)
Wannok (Wound)
That's a good looking pool so far. I don't think any of those upset the balance of a game too much.
Old August 26th, 2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
For the most part, I don't like it when battlefields are designed with built-in glyphs. I always thought glyphs were just meant to be part of a scenario. (And a battlefield can have any number of scenarios designed for it, of course.) I guess what usually happens is someone designs a battlefield, and points out the start zones and glyphs for a default kill-em-all scenario, without breaking it out as a scenario and giving it a different name than the name of the battlefield.
Yeah, it's really only in asymmetrical maps or maps with imbalancing features that specific glyphs make some sense.

Quote:
Every tournament I've ever been at has had the glyphs placed symbol-side up, not power-side up. If we went with power-side up, how would sides be called? A D20 roll?
Yeah, I've been wanting to try power-side up since this blog post about it. There's some good arguments to both sides, so it might be fun to test them out a bit. Ultimately, yeah, a d20 is the answer if needed, but I suspect it'll be like most things and players will just kinda sidle up to a map and sit down.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events