Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 9th, 2017, 02:10 PM

Iron Clubber is surprisingly tart
Figures for customs?

Hey, just wanted to throw this out there for anyone willing to provide some answers; where can I find figures to create historical customs?

I've been going through D&D minis, Mage Knight, Heroclix, Pathfinder, Axis/Allies, and LotR Combat Hex for customs so far, but I'd love to have some basis for historical/fantasy units from medieval times such as Achilles and Hector of Troy from the Illad, or Alexander the Great and some enemies from his famous campaigns.

Basically some good figures from that area, and preferably prepainted (Lack heavily in that department).

Thanks!
Old October 9th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Figures for customs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clubber View Post
Hey, just wanted to throw this out there for anyone willing to provide some answers; where can I find figures to create historical customs?

I've been going through D&D minis, Mage Knight, Heroclix, Pathfinder, Axis/Allies, and LotR Combat Hex for customs so far, but I'd love to have some basis for historical/fantasy units from medieval times such as Achilles and Hector of Troy from the Illad, or Alexander the Great and some enemies from his famous campaigns.

Basically some good figures from that area, and preferably prepainted (Lack heavily in that department).

Thanks!
The Trojan War and Alexander were Bronze Age, not Medieval, just as a little note. As far as figures... really can't help with prepainted stuff, but there are tonnes of places I can refer you to for great unpainted historical figures, several of which I've done my own stuff with.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 15th, 2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clubber View Post

Thanks!
The Trojan War and Alexander were Bronze Age, not Medieval, just as a little note. As far as figures... really can't help with prepainted stuff, but there are tonnes of places I can refer you to for great unpainted historical figures, several of which I've done my own stuff with.
Yea I'd like to see any suggestions if you don't mind pointing me in the right direction.
Old October 15th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Warlords is a great line: https://us-store.warlordgames.com/

They are more a Realistic scale so they might look a little smaller than Heroscape, but they are great for historical.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 15th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Warlords is a great line: https://us-store.warlordgames.com/

They are more a Realistic scale so they might look a little smaller than Heroscape, but they are great for historical.
Yeah, that's one I was going to recommend.
Also check out Wargames Foundry and Perry Miniatures

There are others as well I'm sure I could direct you to a little later.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 16th, 2017, 07:10 PM

Those sites are great thanks guys!

Now I just need to learn how to paint

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards