Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 11th, 2010, 12:24 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: C3V Public Announcements Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Not to stir the pot after it already has been by so many people... but... before you call HSers who want to have more involvement "self-entitles a$$es," it was the so called "inner-sanctum" who already self-entitled themselves as the "future of Heroscape" first. Not to mention, WotC and Hasbro were 1) selling their products and 2) selling them to more than just HSers.com. The C3V is creating customs for HSers.com, but will not let HSers be included?

The arguments you make are valid when in perspective of a corperation, but this is a custom project, based from the community, for the community, and if you're claiming to be the future of this community, has no right leaving the community out of involvement.

That said, there isn't really any reason to complain, because if I don't like your project, I just don't use your customs. Simple as that.

Good luck to all in all of your endeavors.
~Kaiyu
I have never used this smilie before because it seems rude but...

Your post is erroneous in its statements. These guys asked the community if C3V was the future; they didn't claim it was.
Also it would be ridiculous to assume they wouldn't be the inner sanctum of the project they started. They have the right to it, others don't.

People can't complain that there is no community involvement because there is. When people complain it is because they can't be involved as much as they think they have the right to be- that is called entitlement.

Your closing sentences are right on though. I wish others would share that view.
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:29 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
And thanks everyone for picking things I say out of context... should I repeat?

Quote:
That said, there isn't really any reason to complain, because if I don't like your project, I just don't use your customs. Simple as that.

~Kaiyu
I'm not attacking your project. Good day.
Sorry kaiyu, I just tired of people saying there's no community involvement and all I see is community involvement. I did not mean to call you out, because I respect what you have done for this community with your Heroes of Space RPG (which looks awesome BTW); but when you said you do not see HSer involvement it rubbed me the wrong way.

I apologize for my passion, but I do have passion for this game and the people trying to preserve it.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:36 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
And thanks everyone for picking things I say out of context... should I repeat?

Quote:

~Kaiyu
I'm not attacking your project. Good day.
Sorry kaiyu, I just tired of people saying there's no community involvement and all I see is community involvement. I did not mean to call you out, because I respect what you have done for this community with your Heroes of Space RPG (which looks awesome BTW); but when you said you do not see HSer involvement it rubbed me the wrong way.

I apologize for my passion, but I do have passion for this game and the people trying to preserve it.
Ditto for me , kaiyu. This is the second time now I have expressed myself poorly on this topic. Maybe I'll sit it out. Besides I know the C3v guys don't need me to defend them.
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

Spoiler Alert!

This doesn't seem to be the correct place for this discussion - Could we perhaps move it to a different thread? (The "Design team" doesn't really have the power to change according to the suggestions I'm making)

Last edited by TurtleKing99; November 11th, 2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

The previous two members nominate the next 10 nominees (not themselves). The public then votes on those 10.

The thing about your last suggestion is that at the end, it is way too late to make any changes. It would invalidate all the playtesting that had been done, for one. But at the beginning, you can post any idea you have - including power ideas, figure ideas, synergy, mini choices, or anything else.
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:59 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

kaiyu0707 I appreciate what you're saying in your closing sentences - I just wish you would've thought of that before bothering to post the rest. If you're not really concerned with the project, why come here and bag on it? Just seems silly to me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 11th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

This has already been discussed to the point that it required the thread being locked.

Maybe that thread should be unlocked, so that these opinions can continue being expressed there instead of swallowing another C3V thread.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:07 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hmm ... maybe we need a C3V HR department to throw all of your complaints in ...

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 11th, 2010, 01:07 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
The previous two members nominate the next 10 nominees (not themselves). The public then votes on those 10.

The thing about your last suggestion is that at the end, it is way too late to make any changes. It would invalidate all the playtesting that had been done, for one. But at the beginning, you can post any idea you have - including power ideas, figure ideas, synergy, mini choices, or anything else.
Grey Owl I do have a question.

Hopefully it may clear things up. Will the inner sanctum publicly say we are working on insert unit ?

For instance, will the inner sanctum list units that will go through the process like:

We will be working on:

Skeleton squad
Lizardfolk Hero
Raptorian Hero
Ranged Viper Squad

Do you have any suggestions?

Or will the design crew sift through our posted suggestions for things that they would like to try and determine how to proceed from there?

I am a little confused on how things will progress from the suggestion thread.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:09 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Hmm ... maybe we need a C3V HR department to throw all of your complaints in ...
I nominate IMax to be in charge of that.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemaster View Post
Not to be rude, but wouldn't it be more intriguing to see how all this inside workings work? The other threads can be ignored, the PM deleted. Plus, to get a more well-rounded unit, shouldn't ideas be able to come from anyone, not just a select few?
You can see how the inner working happen when a unit gets released. The Mods move the whole thread to the public area.
Sorry I missed this post. It fills in a big chunk of questions I had, and I merely skipped over it. Wouldn't it be more prudent for some hard-core members, not part of the play-test group be able to see, even a little bit, before it is released, for some... beta testing?

Kaiyu has a valid point however, if others don't like it, they/we don't have to use it. I will apologize for my incesent questions, and what probably seems like inane pestering. I am just uninformed on the ways of the C3G.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post

Grey Owl I do have a question.

Hopefully it may clear things up. Will the inner sanctum publicly say we are working on insert unit ?

For instance, will the inner sanctum list units that will go through the process like:

We will be working on:

Skeleton squad
Lizardfolk Hero
Raptorian Hero
Ranged Viper Squad

Do you have any suggestions?

Or will the design crew sift through our posted suggestions for things that they would like to try and determine how to proceed from there?

I am a little confused on how things will progress from the suggestion thread.
The design team will work on what they decide to work on when they decide to without directly informing or consulting the public. They'll take public suggestions and ideas seriously though, and glean what they want from them.
It's important to know, when posting ideas in the Brainstorming thread, that those ideas are no longer "your ideas" at that point, they're C3V ideas.

Old November 11th, 2010, 01:12 AM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

You people are acting far too highstrung and dramatic for my taste. How about we try to remember why you guys are doing this. To play Heroscape. And why do you play Heroscape? To have fun. Because of all the needless tension and flaring tempers, you're turning something intended for fun into a bloodbath. I'm shocked by the behavior of the people involved in this C3V project so far. Go for a walk. Spend time with your family. I really don't think Heroscape is something worth this much stress in your life.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs