Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 14th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Twenty Questioner

TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker
Ann Arbor, MI Tourney- Wave 8 Give Away- June 21st

Hello fellow Michigan Scapers!

Damja was kind enough to let me run the June Tourney. Many details have been discussed and we have come up with a rather simple plan. Here are the basics.

1. 600 point Armies
2. 5 rounds of play per game.
3. No glyphs
4. More players
5. New Point System! (See below)
6. You play 6 games total!

So, there are the basics, here is the reasoning and a little more description.
1. You can build your army with up to 600 points (no Marvel). The only rule is the army must fit in a start zone of 31 spaces. This should sufficiently give you enough points to do the army you have always wanted to. Hive Army? Check! Hivelord army? Check! Elf army using the new Wizards? Check!
2. The map is set. The people bringing a map and being entered into winning a booster for each map are:
1.Damja
2.MI Tiger
3.Haleon
4. Draconious
5. Draconious
6. Draconious
7. DarthRyan2.0
8. DarthRyan2.0
9. Damja
10. DarthRyan 2.0
11. WayCoolSuperDude
12. Monte Kev
Map builders, please be at the store by 11:30 so we can start promptly playing at Noon.
http://www.ardenia.org/downloads/Her...sercombat3.hsc

3. No glyphs means just that, no glyphs. We are going to be trying to get a lot more people to play, including alot of new people. To make it as easy as possible for new people, there will be no glyphs.
4. New Point System! There has been some debate on how to manage wins and losses. Well forget those. Wins and loses will be secondary tie breaker information. We will keep track of one important number. Points you destroy of your enemy. What this does is a few things. It makes both you and your partner attack more, you will build more aggressive armies, there will be less rats (Deathreavers), and most importantly, it will be mayhem!
Now, I know the first thing you are thinking of is how on earth will we ever finish one game in time with a 600 point army? Quite simple. Each match will consist of exactly 5 rounds. After that 5th round is over, you total up how many points you destroyed of the enemy. We will be using a partial point system meaning if you kill one of the three Krav Maga Agents, instead of getting their whole 100 point value, you would get 33 points. If you put 3 wounds on Cyprien, you will be getting 75 points instead of his 150 worth.
5. 6 games played by all! We usually shoot for 5 rounds and barely squeak out 4 sometimes. This will be 6 rounds for a winner. Because we are playing a limited number of rounds, this should move quite a bit faster. We will stay until it is over. I foresee this as being a Noon until 6 tourney. We will have a leaderboard going as well to keep you in the loop every round as to where you stand.
Oh, and did I mention prizes?
We will be giving away one pack of each of the new Wave 8, and both new big sets, Ticalla Jungle and Aquillas Alliance.
That is 6 great new pizes that will only have been out for one week.
Also, Wizards of the Coast were kind enough to provide Wave 7 and a few Master Sets we will be giving away as well.
That is 12 prizes. We will be giving away prizes to the top 6 people who have played in a tourney with us before, and prizes to the top 6 who have never played in a tourney before! And as promised, the 1st 10 people that RSVP'd to coming to the event have their names in a drawing for a Wave 8 booster. Those 10 are:
1. Draconios
2. Damja
3. MI Tiger
4. Way Cool Superdude
5. Haleon
6. Darth Ryan 2.0
7. Exsul
8. Tiberious

That is a lot of information to digest. Read it over, think about it and post any questions!

The Event will be held at our usual place of Fun 4 All in Ypsilanti, MI on June 21st at noon. And one last piece of info. The tourney is free!!!!

2742 Washtenaw Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
(734) 434-7440

To be the man, you have to beat the man!

Last edited by TheMainMan; June 21st, 2008 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Updated info.
Old April 14th, 2008, 12:59 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: Ann Arbor, MI Tourney- Wave 8 Give Away- June 21st

Wow!

This looks like a awesome idea...i may have beg my wife to come, so near to the due date for the baby...but those prizes are worth it!

Great idea, Don!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old April 15th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Twenty Questioner

TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker

I know it is still2 months away, but feel free to start submitting maps so we can vote. The sooner we pick a map, the sooner you can start building the perfect army for it.

-TMM

Old April 15th, 2008, 08:24 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

So if someone mind shackles my braxas, then I kill it. Do I get an extra 210 points for killing my own braxas? -- I guess no one will be bringing any mindshackle armies
Old April 15th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Twenty Questioner

That is a great question Ron. It also brings up a slew of other questions that would fall in the same category. Here are my thoughts, lets hear from everyone else on what they think and then we will make a diffinitive answer.

1. If someone mind shackles your unit, does that count towards destroyed points?
2. If someone mind shackles your unit and you kill it, do you get the points?
3. If you kill a zombie, but it rises again, do you get the kill points?
4. If the airborne never drop, and the retchets never spawn, do you get those points?
5. Marro Hive: Rebirth

My philosiphy would be at the very end of the 5th round, we add up all missing points. So if you are facing an opponent with the Rechets or Airborne, and they never spawned/dropped, you get those points. If someone mindshackles your character and by the end of the game you have not mindshackled it back or it is dead, your opponent would get those points. Zombies you simply must wait until the end to see how you did since they rise again. If you have a Marro Hive army that keeps regenerating dead units, we only count the dead ones that are still dead at the end.

What do you guys think?

Old April 15th, 2008, 12:24 PM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
So if someone mind shackles my braxas, then I kill it. Do I get an extra 210 points for killing my own braxas? -- I guess no one will be bringing any mindshackle armies
I would say yes, you get the points for killing a midshackled unit. It was an enemy unit at the time you killed it, so take credit. On the flip side, if you mindshackle an opponent, you get to count points for anything you kill with that figure.

But should a player get "kill points" for performing a successful mindshackle in the first place? If I mindshackle your Braxas, I haven't "killed" her, but I did "defeat" 210 points worth of figure. I could see that going either way.
Old April 15th, 2008, 05:32 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Put me down for a maybe. I don't know where I'll be living in June, but if it's close enough to get there in a day I'll make an effort to show.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old April 16th, 2008, 08:12 PM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!

I'm in (of course). I think Don's idea is best - find the difference between total points brought to the table and what remains on the board at the end of the match.
Old April 16th, 2008, 09:28 PM

pti8 is surprisingly tart

I just went onto google maps to see how far it is. I live in Northern IN, and it is 160 miles. However, I am under 16, thus cannot drive, and the only way I would probably be able to go is if my cuz can go and his dad wud take us and he mite play too. Have to talk to Stumpy_Man bout' it tho.
Old April 17th, 2008, 05:10 PM

guythegambler has disabled reputation
Thumbs up Re: Ann Arbor, MI Tourney- Wave 8 Give Away- June 21st

That sounds Sweet! I will have to find time to be there!

Tim
Old April 21st, 2008, 08:52 AM
Twenty Questioner

I spoke with the owner of Fun 4 All, and he will have plenty of Wave 8, Ticalla Jungle and Aqilla's Alliance for sale. So if you see them at the tourney, and you feel like buying them, they will be there to purchase.

I am really excited about this! This should be a great time.

-TMM

Old April 21st, 2008, 04:15 PM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMainMan View Post
I spoke with the owner of Fun 4 All, and he will have plenty of Wave 8, Ticalla Jungle and Aqilla's Alliance for sale. So if you see them at the tourney, and you feel like buying them, they will be there to purchase.

I am really excited about this! This should be a great time.

-TMM
Nice. Now I will just have to save up $150 between now and then for all of my 'Scaping needs (see - addict)

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events