Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old April 10th, 2010, 04:15 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Confred's Customs - TMNT vs. C3G Criminals Play Test

TMNT and Master Splinter (600) vs. The Marro Hive, Tul-Bak-Ra, Ne-Gok-Sa, Marro Stingers x2, and Marro Drudge x2 (600)
Changes Tested:
Master Splinter doesn't give a +1/+1 bonus
Master Splinter controls 2 Ninjas
Leonardo free-moves any friendly figure
Point values Remain

Master Splinter ingrains teamwork into the Turtles, but it isn't a perfect process. With controlling only two figures per marker, the mutants have to learn to coordinate and work as a team. Fearless Leader should become more appropriate and sync with its desired function.

Round 1: Crossroads
Spoiler Alert!

Round 2: Second Blood
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3: Uphill Battle
Spoiler Alert!

Round 4: Pale Green Knuckles
Spoiler Alert!

Round 5: Familiar End
Spoiler Alert!

Round 6: Against Hope
Spoiler Alert!

Round 7: Bitter End
Spoiler Alert!

After Battle Commentary:
Only controlling Two Ninja feels 'More Correct' and thus will probably stay.
Requires 1-2 more play tests with suggested changes
Requires 1 counter-test with original adjusted-power.

Fearless Leader gains more oomph when all aren't able to move on their own. The turns are less active and more 'official' feeling. The power level is an easy 70pt swing.
Donatello is lackluster but effective
Raphael sucked out this game
The turtles are heavily d20 dependent
Michelangelo is close, passable, but not 100%
It is cool that Master Splinter is such an effective cleanup unit. His Move, Attack, and Small Hit-Zone are excellent. It really feels like he is a Ninja Master. His frailty encourages the player to use him like a ninja, like an assassin. Props.
Conclusion
Ninja Master revision 80% approved and needs further testing to finalize.
Leonardo is 90% approved and needs special power naming revision
Michelangelo is 92% approved
Donatello is 89% approved and requests scrutiny over his "lack-luster" qualities
Raphael is 97% approved and has no outstanding comments.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; April 11th, 2010 at 01:41 AM.
Old April 10th, 2010, 07:55 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

Like the work so far. Wile I fell in love with the turtles in the Black and white comic book period I love the work for the TV turtles. Have you come up with minis to use yet. I know the origionals are pricey. however HS dose offer some options for Casy Ariel and a Scaven will work for Splinter. have you seen these.

Ebay Turtle Keychain

The minis are a tad larger, about a head than a standard HS human wich is alot taller than they were in the comics. but they are close and beggers can't be to picky. I picked up all of them when they were on sale at Walmart. Good luck with the customs.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old April 10th, 2010, 08:44 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Due to the lack of appropriate models, I have planned to sculpt my own to match the style of official units. I made some practice models and am confident that I can do it. Using GreyOwl's molding tutorials I could even make copies if others wanted. But that is a long way off.

Last edited by Confred; April 10th, 2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:41 AM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Due to the lack of appropriate models, I have planned to sculpt my own to match the style of official units. I made some practice models and am confident that I can do it. Using GreyOwl's molding tutorials I could even make copies if others wanted. But that is a long way off.

I wish you luck. I do my own and I know how hard mini sised molds can be. I have many molds of old Out Of Print Games workshop minis. as well as the Trunk leg base combo to use up the extra arm and weapon bits. I have found using the softer rubber and above all making shure there are no spiky or flaired bits to rip up the mold. My Snow trooper molds started to develop an embarising bulge from the gun barels cutting a groove on removal.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old April 11th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Confred's Customs - TMNT vs. 600pt Marro Play Test

These playtests are great Confred. I can't wait for you to be done here so you can playtest for C3G more! And now you can earn points for playtesting C3G units which allows you to design with us in A la Carte.
Old April 11th, 2010, 01:41 PM

The biggest thing against me playtesting C3G is coming up with armies to properly playtest. I keep getting anxious and then quit.

Old April 11th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
The biggest thing against me playtesting C3G is coming up with armies to properly playtest. I keep getting anxious and then quit.
You can always ask the designer for help building appropriate armies.
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:46 PM

TMNT and April vs. The Ridder and Criminals

Bonus Double Playtest: C3G The Riddler / April O'Neil

April O'Neil
Spoiler Alert!

TMNT, Splinter, & April O'Neil (630) vs. The Riddler, Two-Face, and Street Thugs x5 (645)
Splinter can control only two Ninjas
Leonardo can Lead any figure
April at 30pts
April at +6 initiative
April at Attack 1, Defense 2, Life 4
Road Tiles enable Street Bonuses

I wanted to squeeze Lex Luthor in here but the points added up better this way without him.

Round 1: Riddle Me This
Spoiler Alert!

Round 2: Criminal Activity, at 6 o'clock
Spoiler Alert!

Round 3: Sash of Bravery, Sash of Honor
Spoiler Alert!

Round 4: 365 vs. 451
Spoiler Alert!

Round 5: Clean the Streets
Spoiler Alert!

Round 6: Enigma
Spoiler Alert!

The map favored the Criminals
RIDDLE ME THIS is highly effective versus commanded armies
Team TMNT rolled bad on average
The Criminals rolled above average
Two-Face rolled exceptionally bad
RIDDLE ME THIS should trigger before the move
Wanting to CRIMINAL AMBUSH a nonadjacent foe never came into play
RIDDLE ME THIS is a very potent ability and requires point compensation.
Pass The Riddler at 170 points.
Pass April O'Neil at 30 points

I don't like Leonardo Leading non-Ninjas
I don't like Donatello Observing for 2

Last edited by Confred; April 12th, 2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old July 20th, 2010, 06:30 PM

Re: Confred's Customs - TMNT vs. The Riddler

moved to: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...75#post1156575

Last edited by Confred; July 26th, 2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old November 27th, 2010, 12:00 AM

Re: Confred's Customs - Anti-Monitor [DC]

I am proud to present you my first Superhero Custom:
Anti-Monitor!

This guy has intrigued me ever since I saw his giant figure years ago. He looked so stupid! But even still, he also seemed like a bad ass.
I forgot about him until I glanced at the C3G and noticed they made their rendition of him. Then I had to check him out. This version is my interpretation of his Wiki entry.

Design Notes
Figure - Heroscape scales unequally. For example, a vehicle wouldn't have Move 16, 30, or 50; it would be much much lower, 9 tops. I believe Height is dealt with the same way. Thus, the giant figure C3G used is off limits in the Coneverse. Plus, this sculpt is much cooler. (I don't have the figure so 14 is what I would want him to be). The mockup is, however, unprofessional and a quick draft.
Abilities - I try to have my customs as cleaned and streamlined as possible. Anti-Monitor condenses down to three major things: Warping universes and its elements, consuming the matter around him, and being durable.
Life - I didn't want him to ever be one-rounded. His original Life of 18 was too close to that possibility and didn't capture the appropriate sense of awe. But I was weary of increasing it further due to my opinions of scaling. 28 is a sweet spot.
Unique Hero - He was originally Epic Hero, meaning you can only have one Epic Hero per army. But that's so boring! and fundamentally not Heroscape. If playing a 10k point game, pull out all the big boys. How Awesome?
Points - I admit, I don't know about this one. This is my first big custom. But I wanted him to at least be 400*5 (Justice League~). Secondly, the higher points convey a certain Epicness without having to create a lame rule as the aforementioned Epic Hero. If you can afford him, go ahead.

Last edited by Confred; November 27th, 2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old November 27th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

What happens if I Mind Control your entire army at once? Or roll a 20 with Sharpshooter?
Old November 27th, 2010, 09:52 PM

Hah. Never thought of either.
Even though Sharpshooter invoked David and Goliath imagery is cool, both are serious issues.

What if I created a new figure type: Epic Hero?
Epic Heroes have the same rules as Unique Heroes but since they aren't classified as Unique Heroes, cannot be targeted by abilities that only affect Unique Heroes. I can live with not being able to dragon heal or viking spirit

Last edited by Confred; November 27th, 2010 at 10:07 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations