Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old July 13th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Re: Engagement Strike Abilities

Jexik, I agree with Cav that your instincts in this matter are spot on.
Old July 13th, 2008, 03:14 PM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!

With new players, as long as tehy become HS addicts it doesn't matter if they win or lose.

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old July 13th, 2008, 04:24 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
One question that I have, and I think I know the answer to, is whether a Wolf of Badru who kills a figure adjacent to a Nakita or Arkmer will prompt a d20 engagement strike roll.

I say yes, because the wolf becomes adjacent to the Nakita/Arkmer. Seems pretty simple. At least that's how I handled it when I had a WoB Pounce Kyntela Gwyn to death when she was next to Arkmer. He rolled below a 13 though.
I can't think of any reason the Nakita or Arkmer would NOT roll for Engagement Strike. On that Wolf's next turn, if it were inclined to leave that area, would there not be a passing swipe attempted? It is, for all purposes, engaged. So, I'll agree.
Old July 14th, 2008, 04:17 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

I have a slightly different "my stones" type rule - Its the YOUR Stones rule where you can take it back if I can kick you in the.....
Old July 14th, 2008, 10:45 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahde View Post
I have a slightly different "my stones" type rule - Its the YOUR Stones rule where you can take it back if I can kick you in the.....
That doesn't sound very fun to me...
Old July 14th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Quote:
One question that I have, and I think I know the answer to, is whether a Wolf of Badru who kills a figure adjacent to a Nakita or Arkmer will prompt a d20 engagement strike roll.

I say yes, because the wolf becomes adjacent to the Nakita/Arkmer. Seems pretty simple. At least that's how I handled it when I had a WoB Pounce Kyntela Gwyn to death when she was next to Arkmer. He rolled below a 13 though.
I can't think of any reason the Nakita or Arkmer would NOT roll for Engagement Strike. On that Wolf's next turn, if it were inclined to leave that area, would there not be a passing swipe attempted? It is, for all purposes, engaged. So, I'll agree.

I agree. It certainly seems like the obvious answer, but it also seems like a question that will eventually show up here at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old July 14th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:

I agree as well.

Old July 14th, 2008, 11:43 AM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:

I agree as well.
I second the agreement.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old July 18th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

The way I personally like to play at home with my family is once your hand is off the fig, you can not remove. If you want to check for line of sight you have to announce it first then place the fig there and check. I understand that HeroScape should be fun, that is why rules should be agreed upon before the game, because it is never fun to argue about something stupid as that at the table or worse play with a cheater. My game group however is a little more easy going, and as soon as I sat down with them the first time, I immediately picked up on that and never said a word otherwise. They still don't know how uptight I can get about small details like having to reroll all your dice when only 1 is leaning. But as far as I know, maybe they are so easy going because I am still one of the new guys and they would rather insure that we have fun. I have now even started to relax my views a great deal at home. GOD bless those local Scapers.
Old July 18th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahde View Post
That doesn't sound very fun to me...
I'll take two!!!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's