Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 13th, 2011, 03:47 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played a 3 person Defender of the Realms today and just got absolutely obliterated. Within 4 turns Sapphire was knocking on the door of Monarch City. We had minions popping up everywhere. A few turns later we were scrambling to try to heal the land and kill a few orcs. About 80% of our heal the land attempts failed. Since that was failing we tried killing off minions so there were only 1 or at most 2 in a location. Fail as well.

Ultimately that is how we lost. Too many tainted lands.

Did try out the new Heroes expansion #1. The assassin is a pretty sweet character and the adventurer also has some really good abilities(mainly the one where she can hold 14 cards). Our 3rd character was the Dwarf, who isn't the strongest from the original game, but not the weakest either. Really we needed either the Wizard or the Cleric to stand much chance once things got looking really bad.

- Raider30
Old August 13th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Wow Raider, that sounds like a rough game. I played one last week and we lost because of some bad luck vs. the undead general to send us back to Monarch City and while we were healing and only having a couple activations left, the minions were popping up everywhere and the lands got tainted and then the demon general managed to get into Monarch City.

I love the game and one of my daughters does too. Sometimes you feel like you have it under control, have a few quests completed and feeling good about the situation and then bam! all heck breaks loose.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 13th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Didn't play anything this weekend, but trying my hand at painting. Picked up some minis from the hobby shop. I've used the dip method previously, but it made my Mansion of Madness figures look awful. Here's some shot of my first attempt at washing/drybrushing

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old August 13th, 2011, 08:00 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great paint job Drumline! True talent.

Played a few games of Jab with the little lady.

Check out my review of the game and tell me what you think. You'll dig the photos!

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/6862...beat-up-before

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old August 13th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Very entertaining review. Remind me not to bother Mrs. Elephant anymore.

In my minds eye I'm seeing cards flying all over the place and getting mashed between flying hands.

That doesn't happen? Or do you take turns? Maybe I'm confusing this with a different game I read about over there, or maybe I'm just confused...

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 13th, 2011, 08:25 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Very entertaining review. Remind me not to bother Mrs. Elephant anymore.

In my minds eye I'm seeing cards flying all over the place and getting mashed between flying hands.

That doesn't happen? Or do you take turns? Maybe I'm confusing this with a different game I read about over there, or maybe I'm just confused...
We've bumped a few times (tee-hee), but nothing dramatic. There's been plenty of times where both of us froze while looking at the Combo and Counter Punch cards. It's everything you would expect in a boxing card game. You must think fast and react when you see a chance to score.

I go for Combo cards more than anything. They are worth good points and it's somewhat easy to score on the ones that only require 2 cards.

It's a good game DS, but it can be frustrating if your playing someone who's really on his game and you are having a brain fart.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old August 13th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Today -

Forbidden Island - Got my mom to play with my oldest daughter. She said she thought it was OK, which is really good coming from her since she pretty much despises games.

Thunderstone - Played with the promo cards that Raider30 won in his Thunderstone tourney at Gen Con. (Yeah he won the Thunderstone tourney, Did I mention that I won the Dragon Dice World Championship?). I actually won this one and my daughter came in second. This was the first time in a long time I can remember my wife losing.

Dominion - Yes I lost again...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 13th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
Great paint job Drumline! True talent.

Played a few games of Jab with the little lady.

Check out my review of the game and tell me what you think. You'll dig the photos!

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/6862...beat-up-before
Great review of what looks like a frenetically cool game.

G-O
Old August 13th, 2011, 11:39 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played a lot of games at the RGC picnic today
Quarriors, Summoner Wars, Puppet Wars and Sentinels of the Multiverse
Old August 14th, 2011, 04:41 AM

Omahavice is surprisingly tart

I picked up the newest Lord of the Rings: The Card Game expansion today. It is called: Conflict at the Carrock. I played one game of it and enjoyed it much better than: The Hunt for Gollum. With 2 core sets and 2 expansion packs, I now have enough cards for some really good deck building options.

Dominion x3
Memoir 44 x2
Heroscape x1 (really Marvelscape since we only used super heroes and villians)
Ticket to Ride x1

Tournament Record
Good Trades List

DaBoyzRule 5 Time Super Bowl Champions Working on Number 6
Old August 14th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I have to get back in to LOTR: The Card Game Omahavice, and I have to pick up the adventure packs. I've been playing some other games lately as well as trying to get back to my Heroscape DnD Adventure Variant that I've taken a break from for the past couple months.

I see that you've gotten into the C3G Superhero scene. It's really fun reliving battles with some favorite superheroes and villains from the comics, cartoons and movies.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 14th, 2011, 09:36 AM

ifstream Woo who?

My wife and I played two games of Carcassonne. I beat her by one point and she won the other by 10. I will try to play her at Alhambra next. So far now she like ticket to ride, small world, and Carcassonne. I have not played heroscape in months...just not a lot of people playing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games