Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 6th, 2019, 06:38 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Thanos (Infinity Quest) - Secret Playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I'm going to go with what Ark suggested - I don't think it's credible, but if he's balanced like that...
If you want people to give any sort of help into your designs, or take your desire to see something balanced as genuine, maybe don't respond to it with "I don't think what you suggested is credible, but as long as people will think that's balanced, ok"
That not only pisses on the analysis of that person, it also goes on to say you don't even care if it's balanced as long as "the non-credible version is". It's just a stupid thing to say.

As for your take, starting with the opponent placing the Time gem as the best play, it makes no difference to what I suggested. There's 3 key glyphs at the start, and it doesn't matter how you choose to place them. So taking your own example:

1. Opposing team places Time gem.
2. Thanos places Reality gem.
3. Equips Space gem.

Guess what I'm gonna do? If I win initiative, I'm gonna use the Sapce gem immediately turn 1 to land on the Time gem, then blow the X to go grab the Reality gem.

1. Opposing team places Reality gem.
2. Thanos places either Space or Time gem and then he'll have the Reality gem before the opponent whichever way you go.

1. Opponent team places Space gem.
2. Thanos places either Reality or Time gem and then he'll have the Space gem before the opponent whichever way you go, unless the map is large.

So no matter how you slice it, the key is Thanos winning initiative, and then it's just disruption city for his opponents. He can use the Reality gem each OM reveal AND on the bonus turn from the Time gem, which means you can really screw with your opponents. So test whichever of those combos you like, but to discredit what I am saying is just careless and ignorant.
Hmmm... thinking about it, you're right. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say your suggestion wasn't credible as an insult, I was just trying to think my way around it and basically say that I didn't think it was a likely thing to happen in an actual game with counter play. Obviously, I didn't think around it properly (a little tired), but you're right with what you said. For some reason, I was thinking you needed Time to start and had to claim Space quickly to claim the third... logically, this might make the best counter play starting with Space, but that still leaves Thanos able to make a Time + Power or Time + Reality start really quickly. When I talked about balancing it around 'the non-credible version', I simply meant I was probably best testing it like that since, if he's balanced under ideal conditions, there shouldn't be an issue with him, even if I didn't, at the time, deem those ideal conditions to be a credible real game scenario.

I am so, so sorry. I have been trying my absolute hardest to be a decent project member and not get on people's nerves, but it seems even now, I can't manage it. I don't understand what the hell's wrong with me. I'll have to think about what's best for me and this project. I'm sorry.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 6th, 2019, 06:42 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I am so, so sorry. I have been trying my absolute hardest to be a decent project member and not get on people's nerves, but it seems even now, I can't manage it. I don't understand what the hell's wrong with me. I'll have to think about what's best for me and this project. I'm sorry.
Lazy be cool, you’ve been doing really good recently. This process is going really well and everyone is geeked about this design.
Old February 6th, 2019, 06:49 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Quote:
Lazy be cool, you’ve been doing really good recently. This process is going really well and everyone is geeked about this design.
I'm sorry... I'm probably overreacting. I'm still struggling with feelings of worthlessness, and they get triggered really, really easily. It's just that I've been trying my best to repair my reputation after tanking it and it just felt at that moment as though I'd gone right back to ground zero.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 6th, 2019, 06:55 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Relax. A simple apology and avoiding to make the mistake again is all that is needed. That's the only reason I called it out. Nobody is calling for any repercussions.

As for the design, take Power gem out of the mix as one that you should be going right for. The top 3 are Reality, Time, and Space. OM disruption is why the Joker is such a pain to deal with, and Reality is even better, especially when you combine it with Time. Dysole suggested it for a reason.

Space helps tremendously to build up the Snap and to further disrupt by dragging certain opposing figures across the map where the teammates who end up with the OMs can't even help.

Power is the 4th best, and should come out at the end of the 4th Round. Soul gem after that. Mind gem is last.

That's my take on what should be tested in this last set. A drop in life should be all that's needed to wrap this up, I wasn't calling for any other changes. Try a game out with:
Opponent places Time -> Thanos places Reality -> Equips Space
If he wins initiative use Space to grab Time then burn the X to grab Reality.
If he doesn't win initiative, just go grab Reality, then on the following turns immediately start messing with the OMs and try to get the Time gem.

Then for the other game:
Opponent places Reality -> Thanos places Time -> Equips Space
Same idea.

All 3 have the same idea however you slice it. Try to obtain all 3 gems out of the gate before your opponents. Disrupt as much as possible and try to dump those OMs on the weakest opponent, based on low movement or low attack or whatever to where their turns aren't as useful.

So on and so forth. And remember Reality can be used when you get your bonus turn with Time.

That's all I've got. I'd also try to stay right at 1,200 for armies. I think Thanos works well on his own. Avoids the opponent being able to use the Reality to any effect on him if they manage to get a hold of it.
Old February 6th, 2019, 07:56 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Relax. A simple apology and avoiding to make the mistake again is all that is needed. That's the only reason I called it out. Nobody is calling for any repercussions.
Thank you. I still feel pretty crappy right now, but that's on me. I am sorry.

Here's the first test I just finished up (I was already over half way through when you came back with your keep to 1,200 suggestion - it's only 100 points anyway. Will certainly change what I'm planning to do for the second game though, as I was initially thinking more like 1,600.)

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Thanos (Infinity Quest)

Army Test 1
Map: Jotun’s Gap by Dignan (no glyphs)
Armies:
Thanos (Infinity Quest), Ted, Ringo (1,300 points)

vs.
Iron Man (Avengers), Star-Lord, Drax (vII), Nebula, Mantis (1,300 points)
Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 6th, 2019, 08:34 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Well, Reality really loses its sting when you have Mantis in the opposing army. She's literally a defense for specifically that purpose.

The thing about the Power gem not being as useful as the other 3, is that Thanos has a range of 6. He can use that to his advantage often, to attack with hieght advantage for 7. So an adjacent only of 8 doesn't make much of a difference compared to completely preventing power house hitters or leader hubs who get multi-turns, from acting at all. That's why the combo of Time + Reality is such a threat.
Old February 6th, 2019, 08:35 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Well, Reality really loses its sting when you have Mantis in the opposing army. She's literally a defense for specifically that purpose.

The thing about the Power gem not being as useful as the other 3, is that Thanos has a range of 6. He can use that to his advantage often, to attack with hieght advantage for 7. So an adjacent only of 8 doesn't make much of a difference compared to completely preventing power house hitters or leader hubs who get multi-turns, from acting at all. That's why the combo of Time + Reality is such a threat.
Well, I entirely forgot she blocked that, so I had her not do so, so... go me. Haven't played her much, crap. I suppose by making that mistake, the game worked better as a test? Yeah, sorry about that.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 6th, 2019, 09:50 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Has the opposite been tried at all where the opponent chooses the glyphs Thanos wants least first? Might be some important data that we don't have if not.
Old February 7th, 2019, 04:49 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Has the opposite been tried at all where the opponent chooses the glyphs Thanos wants least first? Might be some important data that we don't have if not.
Actually quite a good idea. If I put down Mind first, that means there's one starting Glyph that's pretty bad for him. Of course, that also allows him to really easily pick up any of the first two he wants.
Should I do that for the last test? Any thoughts on that last matchup?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 7th, 2019, 09:26 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Maybe a CRB review of the current data. This is a design we could really use their perspective. Could you maybe compile the results with a note of how the glyphs played out in each match?
Old February 7th, 2019, 09:31 AM

I feel like the opponent placing the Mind gem at the start just to lessen the blow a tad, is only gonna lead to Thanos placing and equipping the 2 he wants most, thus giving them to him without even needing to win initiative to obtain them. He'll have the Reality and Time gems and then you can play keep away with the Mind gem to no real effect.

That's just my take though. @Dysole @Soundwarp SG-1 @dok
Old February 7th, 2019, 11:15 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
I feel like the opponent placing the Mind gem at the start just to lessen the blow a tad, is only gonna lead to Thanos placing and equipping the 2 he wants most, thus giving them to him without even needing to win initiative to obtain them. He'll have the Reality and Time gems and then you can play keep away with the Mind gem to no real effect.

That's just my take though. @Dysole @Soundwarp SG-1 @dok
If he finds it so easy to claim the three starting ones, though, as you said, it will at least give you buffer zone where he can only access two of the big three/four. In the end, though, dropping Space and trying to keep that away from him is probably the outright best strategy (unless you're confident you can win initiative and pick up, say, Time quickly).

A number of interesting strategies here - I think the three an opposing player is probably best off debating placing at the start are Space, Mind and Time (maybe Reality if Thanos has some low-powered allies?).

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library